Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Phil is also smart enough to put the hand cuffs on Nash. Obviously we would run the triangle a great deal, but to think he wont let Nash have a little bit of freedom would be insane. He let the glove do quite a bit of free lancing when he was in L.A.
Exactly. Phil will be smart enough to utilize what's given to him. Even if he isn't and completely castrates Nash, you would still have to like their chances with a Kobe-Gasol-Dwight core running the triangle.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Exactly. Phil will be smart enough to utilize what's given to him. Even if he isn't and completely castrates Nash, you would still have to like their chances with a Kobe-Gasol-Dwight core running the triangle.
With Nash nailing daggers.

Still dont like the idea of limiting Nash to being just a spot up shooter, but I know the Zen Master is smarter than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I dont care as long as it isnt D'Antoni. If its Pringles, we're royally ******. And after Brown, I dont trust Jim Buss or Mitch because they over-react in these situations.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gasol is a glorified role player at this point. He not consistent enough offensively anymore and he's invisible as a defender. We will go as far as Nash, Kobe and Dwight will take us. Gasol is just along for the ride. He left the core awhile ago.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you're underrating Pau a lot.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Honestly, I dont care as long as it isnt D'Antoni. If its Pringles, we're royally ******. And after Brown, I dont trust Jim Buss or Mitch because they over-react in these situations.
Mitch only brought us D12 and Nash...stupid Mitch.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Hes still a very valuable player and people would kill for him, hes just soft...doesnt play with the same fire that he does with the Spain national team.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Howard so ineffective against a frontline that consists of David Lee, Festus Ezeli, and Carl Landry?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Kings-Spurs game is so ugly right now.

Aaron Brooks 0/5
Demarcus Cousins 2/9
Chuck Hayes 1/6
Isaiah Thomas 2/10
Tyreke Evans 4/10

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
How is Howard so ineffective against a frontline that consists of David Lee, Festus Ezeli, and Carl Landry?

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Why do the Kings suck so much????

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lolololol! Kings have taken 20 more shots than the Spurs.

And made 1 less than them.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Mitch only brought us D12 and Nash...stupid Mitch.
Who brought us Mike Brown? It goes both ways. I said nothing about his player personnel moves. But so far while he's been the GM, we've hired Rudy T and M. Brown. So tell me why I should I feel confident about this next hire?

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-10-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No Im not....he's a face-up 4 without a consistent mid-range jumper. That's who he is now. He's allergic to the low-block.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-10-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Jordan Hill does the all the things that Gasol should be doing....
Old 11-10-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Who brought us Mike Brown? It goes both ways. I said nothing about his player personnel moves. But so far while he's been the GM, we've hired Rudy T and M. Brown. So tell me why I should I feel confident about this next hire?
Umm it was Jim who wanted Mike. That was all Jim. Mitch's choice was Adelman.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:32 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Hes still only about 70% i'd say. He's still getting there.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Umm it was Jim who wanted Mike. That was all Jim. Mitch's choice was Adelman.
Says who? From everything I've read, they both we're in agreement on Brown. And even if it was Buss, who's in charge of this next hire? Buss? Mitch? That's why I mentioned both of them.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-10-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Says who? From everything I've read, they both we're in agreement on Brown. And even if it was Buss, who's in charge of this next hire? Buss? Mitch? That's why I mentioned both of them.
I'd assume Jerry is, considering he was the one who ordered the firing.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 12:50 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Pau being the 2nd most important guy on the team, Brodie? Thats cute...Kobe is going off this year....efficiently.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pau being the 2nd most important guy on the team, Brodie? Thats cute...Kobe is going off this year....efficiently.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
You mad bro?

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mother of god. Brook Lopez actually got 10 rebounds.

Also Deron Williams really has become super mediocre.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:02 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wolves without our two best players>almost any of your ****** ass teams.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Why do the Kings suck so much????
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Lolololol! Kings have taken 20 more shots than the Spurs.

And made 1 less than them.
I watched from mid-way through the second quarter, till the end. Man this team is god awful at shooting the ball. The one guy who is supposed to be our best shooter (Thornton) was bricking some pretty nasty balls tonight, and everyone else was just doing awful. Cousins got himself some good looks in the paint down the stretch, and it's great to see them going to him in crunch time. He definitely got it done in the fourth quarter. But i still feel like he gets ZERO respect from the referees. If you watched the game, fouls 3, 4 and 5 were super ticky tack calls. In a game that was called relatively loosely, they absolutely ****** the Kings with those calls. They take their best player out of the game on whistles that are normally not even considered.

Oh well, it's nice to see that they were in the game the whole way despite shooting horribly from the field. This defense is looking really improved. They're getting in the passing lanes, disrupting dribble penetration and grinding on the boards. Hopefully they'll get out of the shooting funk pretty soon.