Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Martin

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Doug Martin
Gronk is a wayyyyy better blocker than Doug Martin. I mean night and day better

Direct quote from every internet site who watch games

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be serious about the Gronk, Davis debate

To put it as simply as I possibly can, Gronk is just an easier target to hit than Davis. Even when Gronk isn't open he's open.

And he is a better blocker than Davis. Davis is close to Gronk in quite a few differing roles and better in some as well but as a blocker I honestly believe this one isn't close. Gronk is one of the best blocking TEs I have seen who isn't in all reality an extra offensive lineman.

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Gronk is a wayyyyy better blocker than Doug Martin. I mean night and day better

Direct quote from every internet site who watch games
That direct quote is clearly from people who are Patriots homers.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-10-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
That direct quote is clearly from people who are Patriots homers.
Awww it's just jokesies

Old 11-10-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Awww it's just jokesies

I know I was joking too....

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

speaking of setting a standard:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I believe JJ Watt has the crown this year Brent. Surprising that Smith hasn't recorded a sack yet.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I believe JJ Watt has the crown this year Brent. Surprising that Smith hasn't recorded a sack yet.
Yup, Smith's been the top guy for the last 4 or 5 years since Richard Seymour started regressing but this year it's definitely Watt. Watt is the standard setter for all defensive players this year

Old 11-10-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Meanwhile Eric Weddle is apparently playing lights out at safety thus far.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I missed the idea of this thread. I was thinking in recent history, not THIS year.

That said. Yeah, JJ is ******* figuratively raping people.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with the 49ers is that there is just so much quality throughout their entire roster that it is hard to tell who their best players are, and who the guys who are benefiting by playing next to guys who are great.

When you line up Gore, Davis, Staley, Iupati, J. Smith, McDonald, A. Smith, Brooks, Bowman, and Goldson it's hard to tell how good the next level of the roster is because there is just so much great talent on the field.

I watched a bunch of videos of the 49ers rushing offense to better acquaint myself with Davis's blocking, and was surprised to see how many different ways they run the football. Everybody on that line does a good job creating movement or walling off their defender, even guys who sucked in the past like A. Davis have taken a great leap forward this year. That rushing offense is Wisconsin-esque.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
The thing with the 49ers is that there is just so much quality throughout their entire roster that it is hard to tell who their best players are, and who the guys who are benefiting by playing next to guys who are great.

When you line up Gore, Davis, Staley, Iupati, J. Smith, McDonald, A. Smith, Brooks, Bowman, and Goldson it's hard to tell how good the next level of the roster is because there is just so much great talent on the field.

I watched a bunch of videos of the 49ers rushing offense to better acquaint myself with Davis's blocking, and was surprised to see how many different ways they run the football. Everybody on that line does a good job creating movement or walling off their defender, even guys who sucked in the past like A. Davis have taken a great leap forward this year. That rushing offense is Wisconsin-esque.
49ers offensive line > anyone else's offensive line

If their passing attack can maintain any sort of consistency then they are the most complete team in the league. However, you question whether or not they can play from behind, similarly to Houston

Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Moving Boone to guard was the best thing that could have been done for that line. One of the most dedicated players and, had it not been for his alcohol problems, he could have been a great draft pick.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Moving Boone to guard was the best thing that could have been done for that line. One of the most dedicated players and, had it not been for his alcohol problems, he could have been a great draft pick.
Yeah. Good thing we got him as an undrafted free agent and he worked out for us. I was skeptical when he was moved to guard because of how tall he was and other guys would be able to get leverage underneath him, but he's been a mauler this season. Can't believe we had a Pro Bowl level guy sitting on the bench last season while Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder played musical chairs at guard.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness, I made a sig based on that picture if anyone's interested:

Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers' fan I can assure you that when I watch the Patriots play, I simply do not think, "Hmmm, I'm going to focus on Gronkowski's blocking." I doubt many Patriots fans watch 49ers games to see VD's blocking abilities, also. When it gets this point of picking-nits, thusly, I'm peacing-out.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Flacco. He's definitely setting standards. LOW STANDARDS! I HATE YOU JOE FLACCO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Joe Flacco. He's definitely setting standards. LOW STANDARDS! I HATE YOU JOE FLACCO!
Don't complain. You could have the Chief's situation. Or Jacksonville's. I'm sure you haven't forgotten the likes of Kyle Boller, Anthony Wright, or Chris Redman.

Quote: