Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Harden needs to let the game flow more. He's forcing too many things -- the first two games got to his head. The Rockets need to take the ball out of his hands and let Lin handle the ball more.
Like jay said, Harden is drawing an insane amount of attention every time he touches it. Throw in that he's been matched up against the two of the three best perimeter defenders in the league over the last week (Iggy, Allen), and it's not really surprising. He makes the right decision a lot, but Houston doesn't have the guys to convert the open 3's he creates or the open shots inside. I love Asik, but he might be the worst finisher at the rim that I've ever seen. That and he cant catch the ball on a dumpoff to save his life. He's cost Harden like 6 turnovers and 10 assists in the last week alone.

Then you add in that Harden is really cold from the floor right now. On the rare occasion that he DOES get a decent look, its just not falling for him. He couldn't miss in the first few games, and now he cant make it. But aside from just being cold from the floor, the one thing about him that frustrates me is that when he drives to the basket, he turns it over a lot because he tries to draw fouls more than he tries to finish, which is weird considering hes a great finisher. If he gets hit, he throws his arms up to draw the foul, and if he doesn't get a call, its almost 100% a turnover. He needs to stop that.

Houston needs a second presence on the court to relieve some pressure from him. He's a really good player, but he's not LeBron, he can't tell constant traps and double teams to **** off and still put up 30, 7, and 7. And because of that, they HAVE taken the ball out of his hands and let Lin run the offense more, which can be really frustrating because while he's been good at times, Lin is equally as frustrating at other times. Dude dribbles into ridiculous turnovers way too damn much. He's good on the pick and roll, but when he starts to dribble all over the damn place and tries to create from nothing, its a disaster.

So yea, I don't think the first few games got to Harden's head, I think it just alerted the rest of the league that they need to do whatever they can to smother him and keep him from beating them, because Houston can't really win any other way right now.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Rockets can trade for a low post presence?

They don't need a major presence there, but someone who can take pressure off that backcourt and pick and roll with Lin.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think they need to do that just yet. Royce White can be that guy.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harden and Royce would have been fun to watch in Adleman's system. :/
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Royce hasn't even dressed yet, he's having a rough time in practice apparently.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably a little bit out of their price range, but they should see what Portland wants for Aldridge. Maybe Houston could make a run at one of Utah's front court guys.. or, if they're feeling really lucky, maybe they can put together a good enough package to get Festus Ezeli.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I really, really hope that the Lakers somehow wind up with Dunleavy.
Can I ask why?
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Can I ask why?
Because it would be absolutely hysterical and the Bill Simmons column about it would be legendary.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
He's probably a little bit out of their price range, but they should see what Portland wants for Aldridge. Maybe Houston could make a run at one of Utah's front court guys.. or, if they're feeling really lucky, maybe they can put together a good enough package to get Festus Ezeli.
**** no! Aldridge is mine!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Because it would be absolutely hysterical and the Bill Simmons column about it would be legendary.
Lakers hiring Dunleavy would be the greatest thing ever. How he is even being considered is crazy to me.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just a smokescreen. LA wants some kind of leverage (even though Jackson knows they have none) on Jackson to bring the price down. They don't want Jackson to think he's their only option.

So bring in D'Antoni, and some washed up guys just for "due diligence"

Don't want the public thinking you fired Mike Brown bc you secretly knew Phil would come back and coach the team if the position was open.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Btw guys, the Knicks are committing the fewest turnovers, holding their opponents to the fewest points, and the lowest field goal % in the league.

As long as these old bodies can hold up, we can make a run this year.

I honestly think age is overrated. The Spurs are old. The Celtics are old. Why is it only a problem for the Knicks? I don't understand the hypocrisy.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Btw guys, the Knicks are committing the fewest turnovers, holding their opponents to the fewest points, and the lowest field goal % in the league.

As long as these old bodies can hold up, we can make a run this year.

I honestly think age is overrated. The Spurs are old. The Celtics are old. Why is it only a problem for the Knicks? I don't understand the hypocrisy.
I don't think its your age. I just can't realistically see you beating the Heat in a 7 game series. I just can't. But I sure would enjoy it if you did...
Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Age is overrated, I totally agree there. VAfy put it perfectly though...I don't see how we beat a full strength Miami team over 7. I think we have a good shot vs anyone else though. This is all assuming Amar'e doesn't come back and start at PF because that will absolutely ruin everything. God, I hope we can trade him.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amare signed a 5 year deal correct? 5 for 100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yup, he'll make 23.5M in the 2014-2015 season. ugh.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how 6 months after he signed that deal it became the most atrocious contract in the NBA.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I love how 6 months after he signed that deal it became the most atrocious contract in the NBA.
Meh....Orlando is paying Arenas $42 million to not play over the next 2 years. Brandon Roy and Elton Brand are other brutal, poison pill amnesties. The Amar'e contract is really, really bad though.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Age is overrated, I totally agree there. VAfy put it perfectly though...I don't see how we beat a full strength Miami team over 7. I think we have a good shot vs anyone else though. This is all assuming Amar'e doesn't come back and start at PF because that will absolutely ruin everything. God, I hope we can trade him.
I'm curious as to how long ppl think Melo at the 4 can last. Like, realistically, where do Knicks fans see this going? Is it permanent? Will it depend on match-ups?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm curious as to how long ppl think Melo at the 4 can last. Like, realistically, where do Knicks fans see this going? Is it permanent? Will it depend on match-ups?
It should be permanent. Melo is a much better player both offensively and especially defensively at PF. It's not close really. The stats have always backed it up, albeit with a small sample size, but now I'm totally convinced.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Meh....Orlando is paying Arenas $42 million to not play over the next 2 years. Brandon Roy and Elton Brand are other brutal, poison pill amnesties. The Amar'e contract is really, really bad though.
Amar'e has done absolutely nothing in his entire tenure there. I think he blocked a potential game winning layup by Lebron once. That's it.

He got a max deal in a panic move by the organization when they whiffed on Lebron. Instead of saving their cap space, they crippled themselves for five years with a guy who couldn't even have his contract insured due to his recurring knee injuries. Everyone knew he was injury prone, the Knicks knew he was injury prone, and they still give him 25m/year. And to the surprise of absolutely no one, he's had injury riddled years ever since.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It should be permanent. Melo is a much better player both offensively and especially defensively at PF. It's not close really. The stats have always backed it up, albeit with a small sample size, but now I'm totally convinced.

Say goodbye to Melo if you really think he can play a full season at the 4. Maybe against the Heat, who don't run a traditional offense, but he will get slaughtered in the course of a season playing in the post. His legs will be dead in no time and you will waste your only shot at succeeding in the playoffs. Look at what happened to him last season in the playoffs, he had dead legs after three games. That's a really bad idea.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amare did start that first year off dominantly, he looked like the Amare of old (then again he and Felton were the only 2 on the team that had a pulse). It was when Melo came that he started looking very ordinary, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

Say goodbye to Melo if you really think he can play a full season at the 4. Maybe against the Heat, who don't run a traditional offense, but he will get slaughtered in the course of a season playing in the post. His legs will be dead in no time and you will waste your only shot at succeeding in the playoffs. Look at what happened to him last season in the playoffs, he had dead legs after three games. That's a really bad idea.
His legs are more dead from chasing around athletic SF. Melo will not get slaughtered in the post. I think you're absolutely dead wrong.