Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't see how the 2nd seed is the minimum target since the Ravens and probably the Texans will take the top two. I see us staying right where we are with the third seed. I see us dropping another game or two as Matt said.
Eh, the Ravens aren' a great team recently after losing Webb and Lewis. Plus the play the Steelers twice, the Broncos and the Giants. Then they finish at the Bengals which isn't the easiest game. Realistically I see them splitting with the Steelers and losing to the Giants and Broncos.

Denver are the team I think is the biggest threat to the 2 seed and we have the tiebreaker on them

EDIT - To expand on my point about Baltimore, since squeaking past New England they have gone 4-1 which is obviously very good. However they played one good team and got blown out by 30 points. The 4 wins came against teams with a combined 6-19 and these wins came by a combined 22 points. Squeaking past Cleveland twice and KC isn't exactly great football. The Steelers have hit some good form, the Giants are always tough late in the year and the Broncos have been the most consistent AFC team the last few weeks

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we take 1 of 2 against the Texans and 49ers (and don't lose the other one too badly), I think we are in OK position. The rest of the games need to be won, though. None of those teams are that good. Indianapolis/Miami is the 3rd hardest team on our schedule.

They're borderline playoff teams in a year where the AFC is down.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
He disappeared after the SB loss only to re-emerge shortly around the time of the draft.
Good guy. hope he's doing well. He made the best nfl fan base even better in here.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/Bills preview is up. I'm feeling pretty good about the game this week, even without Hernandez:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-week-ten.html
Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice write up Matthew. I think the thing with Fitzpatrick and throwing outside deep, he really isn't very good and the Bills offense in general hasn't been good with the exception of the earlier Pats game. I really think the gameplan needs to be to clamp down on the RBs and Chandler and basically dare Fitzpatrick to beat them outside.

1 thing I need to say, and it is an indictment on this year's team. Despite havin a decent record and still being in position to get a high seed, every week makes me nervous. Last year I didn't get nervous before what should be regulation games, but this year I am

Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord the defense was terrible today.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

We knew the pass defense sucked but by God the run defense was horrible today as well

Old 11-11-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As bad as the defense was today, Josh McDaniels was even worse. God I hate him....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our linebackers are horrendous in pass coverage. Even Mayo who is usually mediocre in that area played awful today, and they couldn't tackle.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
As bad as the defense was today, Josh McDaniels was even worse. God I hate him....
Ya know, with the exception of the drive of the goal line I actually didn't hate the play calling. I think Gronk should have been more in the plans but whatever.

Basically, Welker's huge drop at the start of the game would have been a TD. Then Ridley's false start after a TFL late in the game was such a killer. Punch the ball in there and it's game over.

And I'm going to say this and probably going to get **** for it, but the Patriots have the best starting combination of OTs in the league, hands down!!!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely agree about the OTs. They ******* rock. I just want some more depth there...

McDaniels didn't call a good game. Sure there were some drops and Ridley messed up with the false start. But I cannot fathom why he didn't go with more multiple TE looks. The middle of the field was just open for the taking.. Also, why do we insist on running on the outside when we don't have the speed for it? It's idiocy...

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, big props to McCourty. The guy was finally clutch today.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Also, big props to McCourty. The guy was finally clutch today.
Yeah a few nice plays, however with Dennard having such a ****** game the pass defense still looked horrible. I actually thought Arrington played ok on his
side.

Also, what happened to Chandler Jones? He had a tremendous first quarter then just stopped playing?

Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

You know, looking for a silver lining in this messy game, the Pats have had two close games in the 4th in the last 3 games and won both. Sure neither should have gotten that close but they did. And both came on defensive stops as well.

Look we know this team is going to score points on most teams unless they have an off day, we also know the defense is going to get gashed by teams. However if they can make plays when they count then it's a good thing.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lucky to escape with a W but I will take it

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Woooooooh, Aqib Talib can report today. Goodbye porous defense, hello 85 Bears

Old 11-12-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not go crazy on the OT praise. The Bills have been making everyone look awesome on offense all season long.

A win is a win, so I won't complain. But there's always great competition in the playoffs and this team could lose to any good team.

I, too, see the same old nonsense in the play calling. Running the same play to the outside at the goalline instead of just ramming Ridley up the middle is dumb. Gronk's involvement still seems inadequate.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Let's not go crazy on the OT praise. The Bills have been making everyone look awesome on offense all season long.

A win is a win, so I won't complain. But there's always great competition in the playoffs and this team could lose to any good team.

I, too, see the same old nonsense in the play calling. Running the same play to the outside at the goalline instead of just ramming Ridley up the middle is dumb. Gronk's involvement still seems inadequate.
Ridley, Gronk, and Welker. That should be our offense in crunch time. A simple out or whip route to Welker is an tremendously high percentage play. I don't know why we think a backshoulder throw to Lloyd, Woodhead from the I, or trying to hum the ball into Branch in the back of the endzone is better idea.

As you said running up the middle was tremendously effective especially with how we were using Gronk as a lead blocker. It made no sense to get away from that on the goal line.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I miss O'Brien
This times a million. I really struggled with O'Brien early on, but he evolved into a ******* great OC. McDaniels was great, but he's lost his magic... He needs that dominant outside receiver for his playcalling to be effective, and right now we don't have that player.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't miss O'Brien. I see and hear him almost every day :)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me rephrase my statement to everyone not at Penn, the Patriots play calling misses O'Brien haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

For as much **** as McDaniels gets, and some deserved, we still need to bear in mind this team leads the NFL in scoring by 3 points per game and in yards by nearly 30 yards per game. They haven't been clutch, however they shouldn't be in the position to need to be clutch. Scoring on average over 30 points per game should be a win every time.

And FlyingElvis I gotta back our OTs, it's not just this week against the Bills. Vollmer has been a top 3 OT this year, not just RT, and Solder has been nearly flawless since week one. When Brady gets pressured it isn't coming from the edges

Old 11-13-2012, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edwards was cut. Sign Ray Edwards!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Ray Edwards was cut. Sign Ray Edwards!
Do Not Want!

and I pretty much am for every veteran reclamation project that's ever been tossed around.