Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-11-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Nothing more intelligent than using a 1 game microcosm.
A microcosm means something small that DOES represent something larger. FYI
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
Have you even seen Clemson play? Their offense in the B1G would be lethal.

PSU, Northwestern, Nebraska, or Michigan vs. FSU would be a blood bath.
Oh so instead of 1 good team you have another OK team...that makes the ACC a juggernaut. My bad man...my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, B1G is bad this year. It's gonna look worse during bowl season since the two best teams can't go to a bowl. That means the 3rd best team is gonna go to the Rose Bowl, 4th best team is gonna go to the Capital One, 5th best is going to the Outback, etc.

Comparing it to the ACC though, which is equally bad, there are two really good top 10 worthy teams in FSU and Clemson, then a bunch of crap. The middle teams in the B1G I think are better than the middle teams in the ACC, though it's quite debatable since talented teams like Virginia Tech, Miami, and Georgia Tech are underperfoming while less talented teams like Northwestern and Wisconsin are good football teams despite not having as good of athletes as some teams in the ACC who are not as good. Pretty evenly bad conferences I would say. This is about as bad as the B1G has ever been.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd still like to join please.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Yeah, B1G is bad this year. It's gonna look worse during bowl season since the two best teams can't go to a bowl. That means the 3rd best team is gonna go to the Rose Bowl, 4th best team is gonna go to the Capital One, 5th best is going to the Outback, etc.
Penn State is most definitely not the 2nd best team in the Big Ten.

Quote:
Comparing it to the ACC though, which is equally bad, there are two really good top 10 worthy teams in FSU and Clemson, then a bunch of crap. The middle teams in the B1G I think are better than the middle teams in the ACC, though it's quite debatable since talented teams like Virginia Tech, Miami, and Georgia Tech are underperfoming while less talented teams like Northwestern and Wisconsin are good football teams despite not having as good of athletes as some teams in the ACC who are not as good. Pretty evenly bad conferences I would say. This is about as bad as the B1G has ever been.
Clemson isn't top 10 worthy. They are the same overrated team that was exposed by West Virginia last year. And it's not debateable once you get past the top 2 teams. Who is the 3rd best team in the ACC? North Carolina? Duke? NC State? The top 2 is debatable, but the rest of the league isn't even close.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to throw Wisconsin on my list...no QB and all - they seem to have found their groove running the ball.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New BCS top 5: 1. Kansas St., 2. Oregon, 3. ND, 4. Bama, 5. UGA

There are also 6 SEC teams in the top 10. Their fans still aren't going to shut up.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Penn State is most definitely not the 2nd best team in the Big Ten.

Clemson isn't top 10 worthy. They are the same overrated team that was exposed by West Virginia last year. And it's not debateable once you get past the top 2 teams. Who is the 3rd best team in the ACC? North Carolina? Duke? NC State? The top 2 is debatable, but the rest of the league isn't even close.

eh, I think they probably are. You could debate them, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin....but I think they are certainly better than Nebraska (despite their close and controversial loss) and they play Wisconsin in their final game, so we'll probably find out then.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
eh, I think they probably are. You could debate them, Nebraska, Michigan, and Wisconsin....but I think they are certainly better than Nebraska (despite their close and controversial loss) and they play Wisconsin in their final game, so we'll probably find out then.
Yeah I don't get that at all. Not only did Penn State lose to Nebraska, they also lost to UVA and Ohio (early in the season, sure, but still). Also, outside of Northwestern at home, they've beaten nobody.

The West division is so much better than the East (refuse to use the lame names given).

I'd put Penn State at 5th place, with no question of the four teams above them. We'll see what happens with Wisconsin.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Honestly college football is just bad this year. Lots of good but not great teams and only some pretty good teams up top. No one that is historically significant
No one at the top of the standings that is historically significant?

Not to mention, its still possible that Alabama to make the championship game. Just because the typical teams aren't at the top, doesn't mean its not a great season.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MAC is actually pretty good this year. Again perception also kills reality in college football.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody cares that Notre Dame won championships in the 1840s. Stop living in the past, bro.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I just saw that some Arizona RB I've never heard of ran for almost 400 yards in one game. That is so ******* lame. No name players are putting up stats that you should only see in video games on easy level.

p.s. What in the blue hell is going on in Colorado? Now that's a historical team.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Nobody cares that Notre Dame won championships in the 1840s. Stop living in the past, bro.

Anyway, I just wanted to post that I just saw that some Arizona RB I've never heard of ran for almost 400 yards in one game. That is so ******* lame. No name players are putting up stats that you should only see in video games on easy level.

p.s. What in the blue hell is going on in Colorado? Now that's a historical team.

Well when the prior post said nobody historically significant was near the top, I had to point out that that statement was completely wrong. Last time I checked, the 1940's are still covered in history. I wasn't trying to start a ND being relevant argument, as ND fans are obviously out numbered, and its not worth arguing over. The past speaks for itself, and hopefully the future is better than recent history.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Colorado is a perfect example of why you don't hire a bunch of recruiters without finding anyone that can coach. Illinois is another example.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah I don't get that at all. Not only did Penn State lose to Nebraska, they also lost to UVA and Ohio (early in the season, sure, but still). Also, outside of Northwestern at home, they've beaten nobody.

The West division is so much better than the East (refuse to use the lame names given).

I'd put Penn State at 5th place, with no question of the four teams above them. We'll see what happens with Wisconsin.
I think it's

1-OSU
2-PSU or UW or Michigan
5-Nebraska

I don't think there is much seperating 2 and 5 at all. I think those 4 are pretty even.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How can you have PSU over Nebraska after last night?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

they blew a big lead and got screwed on a controversial no TD on the road.

really i should put PSU/UW/UM/Nebraska as co-#2. they beat PSU and UM afterall. All about the same.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 11-11-2012 at 09:15 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
they blew a big lead and got screwed on a controversial no TD on the road.

really i could put PSU/UW/UM/Nebraska as co-#2. All about the same.
Nebraska not only beat PSU, they also beat Michigan, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Wisconsin. And they didn't lose to Ohio and UVA.

Michigan's only losses have been to Alabama, Notre Dame, and Nebraska (i.e. not Ohio and UVA).

You could make a case for Penn State over Wisconsin I suppose, but we'll know that soon enough. At least Penn State gets that at home.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Nebraska lost 2 games one to your team and the other to a at worst average UCLA. PSU lost to UVA. UVA!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
No one at the top of the standings that is historically significant?

Not to mention, its still possible that Alabama to make the championship game. Just because the typical teams aren't at the top, doesn't mean its not a great season.

I meant that in 10 years not one of these current top teams is really memorable. If we took the top 5 teams from the last 8 years and had them play, I don't think these current top 5 teams would do too well. Just a meh year honestly.

Cool rings though brah. Glad you could show them all to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
I meant that in 10 years not one of these current top teams is really memorable. If we took the top 5 teams from the last 8 years and had them play, I don't think these current top 5 teams would do too well. Just a meh year honestly.

Cool rings though brah. Glad you could show them all to us.
I remember when Weis was at ND and he showed off his Superbowl rings all of the time. ND fans really liked that.

I miss that guy. Terrible college coach but seems like a good person.

At least he didn't tell his players to not cooperate with a murder investigation.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

He's at Kansas, which I guess is close to not existing.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why I laughed so hard at the rings.

Moreover, could ksu - Oregon be the highest scoring bcs title game?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I don't know why I laughed so hard at the rings.

Moreover, could ksu - Oregon be the highest scoring bcs title game?
Probably looking at 60 pts there, 50 by Oregon themselves.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Probably looking at 60 pts there, 50 by Oregon themselves.
Oregon couldn't stop a junior high spread offense.

KSU Oregon would be basketball on turf.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote