Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-05-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
I'm surprised you're comparing Barkley to Aikman. Being a Cowboys fan. I'm no Cowboys fan but Troy was bigger and stronger, much faster and a much stronger arm. Really no comparision IMO. Barkley reminds me a little of Drew Brees. He's about an inch taller. Not great athletic ability. But, excellent feel for the position and touch on the ball. Neither have a cannon.
Smith reminds me of Roethlisberger. Big guy with some athletic ability. Accurate. Don't think he as quite the arm Ben does. But, close. Murray is a JAG. He doesn't even have the arm Grossman did. Poor man's Colt McCoy. It's a shame for Tyler Wilson what happened at Arkansas. That said. He could have played better. Wilson's upside could be a guy like Schaub if someone is patient with him.
Yeah, there are differences... there are always differences, but I don't take my comparisons seriously and I don't think any comparison should. Nobody is the same. Ever. It's just something people like to do for meaningless fun. I think Barkley and Aikman are both bus driver QBs who won't hurt you and can win you some games with a strong supporting cast and generally get a little more credit than they deserve. Both have a star factor, but not really an "it" factor.

That Smith to Big Ben one has me scratching my head though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I really don't see how people are so high on Geno Smith. Yes, he put up crazy numbers but so did Case Keenum and where is he now? Smith's offense is one of those QB friendly systems that will make anyone look a legit Heisman candidate. Then again, not all Heisman winning QBs have been good NFL QBs.

Yes he has arm strength but can he make the 3, 5 and 7 step drops from under center in a pro system. He may wow people at the beginning but the NFL will catch up to him and he'll just be a less mobile, Vince Young. Doesn't have the ugly throwing motion like VY but he does kind of have that look to him when he's in the pocket. I know that QB's are told to keep their feet moving in the pocket but Geno looks like he's more nervous than a horse with a glue truck behind him.

There's Matt Barkley, maybe Tyler Wilson and my personal favorite, Mike Glennon, as legit 1st rd QBs.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really starting to warm to Tyler Wilson as my top QB but it's almost by default. He throws a nice catchable ball. He also has good footwork and bounces on the balls of his feet to survey down the field, but then he tends to bend his knees too much and kinda side arms the ball. It's almost the same kinda shot put motion that Philip Rivers has and for a guy who is probably going to measure in about 6'2 you can't afford to lower the arm angle much

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny to me listening to a Cowboys fan insinuate Aikman was overrated.
And I can't hold it against Smith that his defense is that horrible at WVU. His overall game is still very good IMO.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you hold it against Smith that his performances were subpar when going against quality defenses? Or is that the defenses fault too?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Can you hold it against Smith that his performances were subpar when going against quality defenses? Or is that the defenses fault too?
The only game he's had this year that could be considered "subpar" was Kansas St.... the #1 team in the country. And even that performance is far better than what guys like Josh Freeman, Jake Locker, and Blaine Gabbert have had at times against teams like Nebraska.

It was about on par with the game RG3 had against Oklahoma St. last year.

Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, and Mike Glennon have all had numerous games against lesser teams than K-State that were far more atrocious than the lone "subpar" game Geno had against K-State.

"Subpar" compared to the 6-8 TD and 0 INT games he usually puts up? Absolutely.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote