Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
And the Vikings are finished. Not a chance they get 5 of their last 7 against Detroit, @Chicago, @Green Bay, Chicago, @St. Louis, @Houston, Green Bay.

I don't see any wins left
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If the Bucs can get in that's a team no one would want to play. But I think the 1-3 start hurt them.

Their offense is top 3 on the league and doing it without 2 of the best interior offensive lineman in the league right now. That's pretty phenomenal, especially ranking 9th in the league in pass protection.

What I think hurts them though is the secondary. I don't know how they'll hold up against saints broncos and falcons down the stretch but if they go 5-2 on out which is possible, they can sneak in but then again tie breaks can hurt if they finish on par with Dallas or NYG. But hopefully the east beats each other out of a WC spot.
Doug Martin will take Bucs to the super bowl. Mark my words.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu_is_God View Post
Doug Martin will take Bucs to the super bowl. Mark my words.
So marked.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
If the Bucs can get in that's a team no one would want to play. But I think the 1-3 start hurt them.

Their offense is top 3 on the league and doing it without 2 of the best interior offensive lineman in the league right now. That's pretty phenomenal, especially ranking 9th in the league in pass protection.
The Bucs have played an atrociously weak schedule. The Giants are probably the only playoff team they've faced, and they lost that game.

As a Bears fan, I would love to face the Bucs in the playoffs, especially in Chicago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Bucs have played an atrociously weak schedule. The Giants are probably the only playoff team they've faced, and they lost that game.

As a Bears fan, I would love to face the Bucs in the playoffs, especially in Chicago.
The Buccaneers played the Vikings, who look like they could be a playoff team, and they killed them.

They'll face the Falcons in two weeks. We'll see what they do.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The Buccaneers played the Vikings, who look like they could be a playoff team, and they killed them.

The Vikings in no way look like a playoff team...

They were on pace to make the playoffs in like Week 5 or something. They aren't anymore and everyone knows they likely won't make the playoffs at this point.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

They were on pace to make the playoffs in like Week 5 or something. They aren't anymore and everyone knows they likely won't make the playoffs at this point.
Really? You're kidding right? They're 6-4 and currently in 7th place in the NFC. The season is barely halfway over. Anything can happen. Anyone could get hurt and anyone can go on a roll. It's not over by a longshot. Minnesota is in the thick of it just like the Buccaneers and the Seahawks are for that sixth seed.

Atlanta 8-1 (Next week: Sunday vs. Arizona)
Chicago 7-2 (Next week: Monday at 49ers)
49ers 6-2-1 (Next week: Monday vs. Chicago)
Green Bay 6-3 (Next week: Sunday at Detroit)
N.Y. Giants 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Seattle 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Minnesota 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Tampa Bay 5-4 (Next week: Sunday at Carolina)

And those are just the teams with winning records. Now you got people harboring that the 4-5 Saints are about to make a playoff run.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-12-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
I don't see any wins left
They just beat Detroit...but i don't see the Vikings making the playoffs either. They're majorly slumping.

I think 4 teams are locks to make it in the NFC- Giants (even if they're slumping, nobody else is winning this division), Packers, Bears, Falcons. That leaves 2 spots for 3 teams- 49ers, Seahawks, Bucs.

SF has a tough 2nd half schedule with games against CHI, STL, NO, NE, and SEA. Thats 5 very tough games, along with games against MIA and AZ. The SF team looked shaky yesterday and their QB has a concussion, and i hope yesterday isn't the beginning of a slump.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Really? You're kidding right? They're 6-4 and currently in 7th place in the NFC. The season is barely halfway over. Anything can happen. Anyone could get hurt and anyone can go on a roll. It's not over by a longshot. Minnesota is in the thick of it just like the Buccaneers and the Seahawks are for that sixth seed.
The Vikings are a below average team that got off to an incredibly fast start. Whether they some how make the playoffs or not, which they won't, they are not a playoff caliber team.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
The Vikings are a below average team that got off to an incredibly fast start. Whether they some how make the playoffs or not, which they won't, they are not a playoff caliber team.
I like how you whether, and then immediately say they won't.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like how you whether, and then immediately say they won't.
Because they won't. Their schedule to finish the year is way too much for them to handle. But if by some crazy events they were to find their way in, it doesn't mean they belong with the rest of the playoff teams.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Because they won't. Their schedule to finish the year is way too much for them to handle. But if by some crazy events they were to find their way in, it doesn't mean they belong with the rest of the playoff teams.
I never buy this notion of "belong". I mean who is to say they belong or not? The fans? The media? You make the tournament then you belong. The Broncos weren't supposed to belong in the tournament last season and neither were the Seahawks the year before, yet the Steelers and Saints were the ones that were sent home packing early.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
I never buy this notion of "belong". I mean who is to say they belong or not? You make the tournament then you belong. The Broncos weren't supposed to belong in the tournament last season and neither were the Seahawks the year before, yet the Steelers and Saints were the ones that were sent home packing early.
See, now you're just talking in circles with this argument for no reason. I really don't give a **** about any of that. The Vikings are not a good team. End of story. That's it.

You were trying to use the Bucs beating the Vikings as an example of a quality win. The Vikings are not that good, therefore it's not that impressive.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
See, now you're just talking in circles with this argument for no reason. I really don't give a **** about any of that. The Vikings are not a good team. End of story. That's it.

You were trying to use the Bucs beating the Vikings as an example of a quality win. The Vikings are not that good, therefore it's not that impressive.
Okay. You obviously have a different opinion than I do. That's fine. Not sure about this "talking in circles" bit you've made up for yourself, but it doesn't matter. I've said my thoughts on the situation and still think Minnesota is in the thick of it. I was hoping you were going to address the "doesn't belong" theory you had instead of ignoring it when it was addressed, but don't worry about it. Peace out.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

No, that's exactly it. I don't give a **** about what the Broncos or Seahawks did. The Vikings are not a good team if they make the playoffs, and they're not a good team if they don't. It really doesn't matter what your beliefs on belonging are.

You're way over-complicating this.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
So marked.
Double marked.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on the remaining schedule:

AFC:
1) Texans, 13-3
2) Ravens, 12-4
3) Patriots, 12-4
4) Broncos, 11-5
5) Colts, 10-6
6) Steelers, 10-6

The Steelers depends on how long Ben is out, but there's not really any other AFC teams to challenge them. Colts benefit from playing the Texans as their last game of the year, I predict Houston not playing many starters.

NFC:
1) Falcons, 13-3
2) Packers, 11-5
3) 49ers, 10-5-1
4) Giants, 10-6
5) Bears, 11-5
6) Seahawks, 9-7

I have the Packers winning their division based on already being a game up on Chicago in the series, and Cutler's concussion costing them a game. Giants will be Giants and lose games they should win, and save their mojo for the Playoffs.

Speaking of Playoffs, assuming concussed QBs are back:

Week 1: 49ers beat the Seahawks, Bears beat the Giants, Pats beat the Steelers, Broncos beat the Colts.

Week 2: Bears beat the Falcons, 49ers beat the Packers, Texans beat the Broncos, Ravens beat the Patriots.

Week 3: Texans beat the Ravens, 49ers beat the Bears.

Superbowl: I would hope the Texans win, but too close to call.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:49 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

I'm not trying to be a homer here but the Vikings beat the Niners who everyone agrees is a Super Bowl contender. Bucs went on the road on a very short weak and beat the living day lights out of them.

Bucs I think are a year away from serious contention but they're lighting teams up. They have a lot of young talent that is starting to come together. But I think the secondary has too many holes and inexperience to contain top qbs.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The problem is that the Vikings have to play Green Bay twice, Chicago twice, and Houston among their last six games. Assuming the St. Louis game is a win, that means they have to win 2 more out of those 5 in order to get to 9-7, which is the bare minimum to make the playoffs. With both Chicago and Green Bay fighting for every win, and Seattle winning the head-to-head tiebreaker, I don't see them making the playoffs this year.

Of course, the beauty of the NFL is Any Given Sunday.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think many teams are counting out the saints. They're playing very good football right now and are good enough to make a run. Still have Atlanta and Tampa bay in dome surfaces in Atlanta and at home vs TB.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That'll be the barometer. As well as a key game, if the Bucs have any plans on making a run. A win vs Atlanta not only makes a statement, it also would put them right in the thick of the NFC picture. Again though, the pass defense is not good at all, and that's a tough thing to overcome.

That game will come down to Bucs secondary vs Julio & Roddy as well as Muscle Hamster vs Falcons run D.

I still think Denver is going to light us up.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
The problem is that the Vikings have to play Green Bay twice, Chicago twice, and Houston among their last six games. Assuming the St. Louis game is a win, that means they have to win 2 more out of those 5 in order to get to 9-7, which is the bare minimum to make the playoffs. With both Chicago and Green Bay fighting for every win, and Seattle winning the head-to-head tiebreaker, I don't see them making the playoffs this year.

Of course, the beauty of the NFL is Any Given Sunday.
Yeah I'm aware of their schedule. Weirder things have happened in the NFL, which is why at this point I'm not counting out any team in the thick of the playoffs race. That would be stupid.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Atlanta 8-1 (Next week: Sunday vs. Arizona)
Chicago 7-2 (Next week: Monday at 49ers)
49ers 6-2-1 (Next week: Monday vs. Chicago)
Green Bay 6-3 (Next week: Sunday at Detroit)
N.Y. Giants 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Seattle 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Minnesota 6-4 (Next week: Bye)
Tampa Bay 5-4 (Next week: Sunday at Carolina)

Due to the QB's and schedules of the bolded teams, is why I can't count out Dallas, Detroit or New Orleans at this point. Sadly(but not surprisingly) that Seattle W vs Green Bay looks like it could be the deciding factor in making the playoffs. What a perfect way to end the season.

May not be accurate, but I feel like the three 5 loss teams are better then the three 4 loss teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-13-2012 at 03:46 PM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People STILL think Detroit doesn't suck? They haven't been good since the first 5 games of last season, and they sucked forever before that. They have 0 chance at making the playoffs, I'm willing to be quoted on that.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
People STILL think Detroit doesn't suck? They haven't been good since the first 5 games of last season, and they sucked forever before that. They have 0 chance at making the playoffs, I'm willing to be quoted on that.
Saying they have 0% to make the playoffs literally means nothing. Because they have a great chance to make it, so just because you don't think it'll happen doesn't make that statement hold any weight. I'd rather put my money on them over Minny or Tampa in a 1 game scenario for the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote