Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Give Glennon Hunter and Patterson/Rogers for a season and then you can compare the two. I don't think it's fair to Glennon to compare him with QBs that have far superior pieces around them. Plus, Glennon isn't an issue off the field. Bray is the 2nd coming of Ryan Leaf.
Bray also has to play a higher level of competition, though.

I wouldn't want to be drafting a QB this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems to me that there are 2 Mike Glennon's.

When he has time to sit in the pocket and go through his progressions, he looks every bit the first round pick and a high one at that. The way he moves his eyes and with regularity will get to his 4th read (many spread QB's are just 2 reads max and then run) is exciting. Can look off the safety very nicely. Has the arm strength and touch of a high pick. It's worth noting he has got nothing at WR or TE - I counted 11 drops against North Carolina, one of which resulted in an INT.

BUT - the other Mike Glennon is the one under pressure. Doesn't seem to pick pressure always. In the North Carolina game, after sitting back for much of the game the Tar Heels blitzed late and he went 0 for 6 plus he was sacked twice. Needs to read where the blitz is coming from and get the ball out to his hot read a lot better. Also needs to work on not putting his weight on his back foot - did so alot against Tennessee in week one and his accuracy suffered, plus there wasn't enough zip on some of his passes.

Will need a little more experience, but I can see why his stock is rising. Better than Brandon Weeden for sure.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say right now there are at least 3 sure fire 1st round QB's coming out of this draft and depending on who declares, there could be more.
1) Geo Smith, his only negative is that he tends to hold the ball too long, an easily correctable problem at the next level. Top 5 pick for sure, maybe #1 overall.
2) Matt Barkley, a Matt Ryan type but likely only a top 15 at this point.
3) Mike Glennon, huge arm with few weapons around him, also a top 15 talent.

I won't be shocked if all 3 are at least top 10 picks.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
People if you don't like Glennon that is fine but Geno Smith is a farce/fraud/hack. He has been exposed as the ultimate system QB. I am going to make it my mission from here until draft day to bring up the Geno Smith hype.
I'm holding on to this one.

Oh and to answer the thread title. No, he's not.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm holding on to this one.

Oh and to answer the thread title. No, he's not.
Please do. The results on the field don't lie. He struggled when his top target was out and when he had to go against quality defenses. He loses his composure when things don't go his way. All the lemmings out there are going to compare to Cam Newton or Griffin - he is neither. He may have a little of the Newton immaturity and lack of composure from what I have seen during their losses though. He is essentially a system QB from the same system that produced Brandon Weeden. He could put a later first round pick but he isn't top 5 material at all. The one thing I will give him is he is a pocket passer. But that doesn't separate him from Barkley, Wilson, Jones and Glennon who I have ranked over him.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Based on his physical skills he may have the most upside, but he's a Glennon he'll never reach it.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Glennon and at times he looks so damn impressive. He's reminiscent of Flacco in how he stands tall and delivers those intermediate out routes across the field with ease. However, and while it's a plus he's willing to check it down, he needs to take some juice off his short throws. It doesn't have to be a fast ball every time. He's quite like Ryan Mallett in that regard.

Two things I don't like about him. Firstly, his decision making. He trusts his arm way too much and makes stupid throws because of it. And secondly, he is horrendous with pressure. Get a body round him and he throws off his back foot or tries to run when he just can't.

He has a long way to go but he does have some nice upside, most out of any QB IMO in this draft. He could be a late riser but I don't see him going early first

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please do. The results on the field don't lie. He struggled when his top target was out and when he had to go against quality defenses. He loses his composure when things don't go his way. All the lemmings out there are going to compare to Cam Newton or Griffin - he is neither. He may have a little of the Newton immaturity and lack of composure from what I have seen during their losses though. He is essentially a system QB from the same system that produced Brandon Weeden. He could put a later first round pick but he isn't top 5 material at all. The one thing I will give him is he is a pocket passer. But that doesn't separate him from Barkley, Wilson, Jones and Glennon who I have ranked over him.
WVU is losing games because of their defense, not Geno Smith.
The guy has still thrown for 30TDs/3 INTs and 71% completions this year.
Geno Smith may not be head and shoulders a superior pick over Wilson/Barkley/Jones, but he's far from a fraud or a hack QB.

In college if your first and second WR options aren't getting open and you really are a pocket QB who prefers not to scramble, you're going to be in trouble.
Smith's only had two somewhat bad games this season, but when your defense on average is giving up 40+ ppg and your oline struggles in pass pro, there aren't many options for the QB.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All it takes is 1 GM to fall in love with his physical tools and he's a top 20 pick. A lot of teams will be looking for a QB this off-season. Jags, Chiefs, Browns, Raiders, Jets, Bills, Eagles... All those teams will probably be picking top 15 and all could very well be on the hunt for a QB. Not to menation a lot of those teams will have new head coaches, which usually means new QB.

If you look at the Buffalo Bills, I think that's a great spot for Glennon. Bills O-line is coming together nicely and they have some nice young players at the skill positions.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
WVU is losing games because of their defense, not Geno Smith.
The guy has still thrown for 30TDs/3 INTs and 71% completions this year.
Geno Smith may not be head and shoulders a superior pick over Wilson/Barkley/Jones, but he's far from a fraud or a hack QB.

In college if your first and second WR options aren't getting open and you really are a pocket QB who prefers not to scramble, you're going to be in trouble.
Smith's only had two somewhat bad games this season, but when your defense on average is giving up 40+ ppg and your oline struggles in pass pro, there aren't many options for the QB.
I think Geno fits right in with the other available QBs expected to come out. Not sure i'd want to spend a top 5 pick on any of them.

Something tells me that coming out of the extensive scrutiny of the combine Tyler Wilson will be the #1 QB on most teams boards.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't think there's going to be a consensus #1 rated QB this year.
I hope KC puts in the extra time scouting the hell out of all these guys.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup... Mike Glennon has a shot for 1st round money. Same for Ryan Nassib.

I would say Glennon could be ended up somewhere between 1st-20th overall selection. 22th-32th overall selection for Nassib. If both perform well at the combine and on Pro Day.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Something tells me that coming out of the extensive scrutiny of the combine Tyler Wilson will be the #1 QB on most teams boards.
I agree. The combine + pro days + all the interviews he's going to do.. I could see him as the #1 rated QB. He's going to test really well and people are going to fall in love with his junior tape. He is who I want for KC.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't get those comparisons either. I don't like comparing prospects, though. I agree with others when they say there is no clear cut #1 QB prospect right now. I like Tyler Wilson a lot as well and had him ranked #1 QB coming into this year. It's between him and Geno for me at this point. Though I can see why others like who they do more than those two as well. Should be an interesting question leading up to the draft.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I agree. The combine + pro days + all the interviews he's going to do.. I could see him as the #1 rated QB. He's going to test really well and people are going to fall in love with his junior tape. He is who I want for KC.
Scoffs. Same for Geno Smith, Mike Glennon or Ryan Nassib or even Zac Dysert.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Geno fits right in with the other available QBs expected to come out. Not sure i'd want to spend a top 5 pick on any of them.

I would agree. Watched Smith against Ok State last night and his accuracy left much to be desired. Very slow with his decision making as well. Would scare me to take any of the QB's this year really high.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wouldn't want to be drafting a QB this year.

Why? Because there aren't any Andrew Luck type of prospects? You would probably hear this same thing being said if Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Stafford were all coming out of this draft. Neither of those guys were hardly sure things. Stafford had a huge ceiling but people hated his inconsistency at Georgia and Ryan had a high floor but people weren't sure he had a strong enough arm or had potential to be elite, Flacco was just a big arm at a small school that didn't face any legit competition.

These guys should have questions about them, as do most prospects, but I certainly don't think it's a bad year to be looking at QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by duesouth View Post
I would agree. Watched Smith against Ok State last night and his accuracy left much to be desired. Very slow with his decision making as well. Would scare me to take any of the QB's this year really high.
With practice under pro, he can improve his decision-making. Actually, all of college quarterbacks have similar problem. Can't shoot him down just because of common issue out of college.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why? Because there aren't any Andrew Luck type of prospects? You would probably hear this same thing being said if Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Stafford were all coming out of this draft. Neither of those guys were hardly sure things. Stafford had a huge ceiling but people hated his inconsistency at Georgia and Ryan had a high floor but people weren't sure he had a strong enough arm or had potential to be elite, Flacco was just a big arm at a small school that didn't face any legit competition.

These guys should have questions about them, as do most prospects, but I certainly don't think it's a bad year to be looking at QB.

Yeah... a lot of people always count on college game for pro game result. They keep forgetting about the difference between college coaching and pro coaching.

Keys to check out on college game are only arm strength, pocket presence and getting rid of football. That is not enough to grade qb prospect.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
No Mizzou QB should ever go in RD 1. That spread at Mizzou is a handicap for a path to the NFL.
Interesting, because NC State implemented the Missouri offense with the help of Pinkel when they decided to start Wilson and it hasn't changed since.

I would much rather have Glennon than Bray, although if I could help it I'd take neither.

If you watch the Tennessee/NC State game, Bray was pretty terrible accuracy wise but had decent stats because David Amerson decided not to show up. This is before you get to knucklehead factor.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah.

Are NC State fans seriously talking **** on the Braymaker, even after he went in dry on their defense? He took David Amerson to a lovely seafood dinner and then never called again.

Bray is awesome. You all be nice.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why? Because there aren't any Andrew Luck type of prospects? You would probably hear this same thing being said if Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Stafford were all coming out of this draft.
I actually had a fairly comical thread about how stupid Lions fans were for not wanting Stafford. I loved Flacco and was fairly meh on Ryan, who I thought would never amount to an elite QB. . .

But this is, without a doubt, the weakest QB class in at least 5 years. Probably 10. I haven't seen a game, yet, where I thought someone (a QB) showed me they deserve to be the #1 pick (where the top QB generally goes).

All of their good games are either last year or predicted to be future games. Or against talentless defenses (cough Baylor cough).

Someone who belongs around pick 15 will be taken in the top 5 because that coach will be afraid of how the owner will view him if he doesn't get a QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Are NC State fans seriously talking **** on the Braymaker, even after he went in dry on their defense? He took David Amerson to a lovely seafood dinner and then never called again.

Bray's talent is undeniable, but he is one of those guys that you have to wonder if his personality matches Philip Rivers or Ryan Leaf. His other issues are mostly correctable.

Last edited by descendency : 11-13-2012 at 09:57 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

The only real knock on this class is there is no clear cut consensus 1/1 QB prospect. Otherwise I think this class matches up decently with '11 and '12.

There will be no shock at all if Glennon/Wilson/Barkley/Smith/Jones/Bray become 5+ year starters.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it can be a great class depending on who declares. Of course, there are no Luck's or RG111's but it is very rare that a class has somebody with that much talent.
Geo Smith is very likely to be the #1 overall pick no matter what the nay sayers think. The only question I have on him is how slow he is finding his receiver. Sometimes, he takes forever to actually pass the ball. He seems to want to go through his progressions till he finds the perfect pass and will have to learn to settle on his receiver a little sooner. He has everything else you look for in a #1 overall pick.

As the last few drafts have shown, college QB's coming from a passing offense, are having a far easier time adjusting to the pros and pro GM's are now quite willing to role the dice on one in round 1, even round 2 which had only about a 6% success rate going back 15 years, has now began to produce decent starters.. I'll be surprised if less than 4 go in round 1. The QB position has actually become, one of the fewest bust position's in the draft.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Bray was a passenger. Cordarrelle Patterson destroyed us.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote