Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think we draft a QB until 2014 honestly, I could be wrong but last I checked cutting Sanchez after this season would be an enormous cap hit.

Assuming we pick around the 10-15 range here's what I see at the moment:

Round 1. Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A & M
Good fit for the Jets scheme and he'd plug right into the primary rush linebacker spot. Has experience playing in a 3-4 as A&M just switched back to 4-3 this season but he still drops back in coverage occasionally. Explosive, disruptive, and versatile, he'd be a huge addition to a pathetic pass rush.

Round 2. Giovani Bernard - RB - North Carolina
We've had a horrible time replacing LT as a passing down back. Shonn Greene's contract expires after this year as well so the feature-back spot is up for grabs as well. Bilal Powell hasn't exactly wowed while he's been in there and has been having trouble staying healthy as well. I wanted Lattimore up until the unfortunate injury but after watching Bernard play a bunch he's definitely got what it takes to be a feature back in the NFL.

Round 3. Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
Dustin Keller's contract is expiring as well and between the health issues and the drops I just don't want him back in a Jets uniform next year, and unless he has an amazing 2nd half I don't see how he is. Fortunately this class looks strong at TE (assuming guys like Ertz and Reed and Eifert declare) and Ertz is the complete package with good size, run-blocking, and good hands.

Day 3 depth selections: OL, WR, S, RB
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote