Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Legendary terrible I hope you mean. I'm pretty certain i could throw for 300 yards against this defense.
It'll be interesting because if Luck has a shortcoming it's throwing deep, right in the area the Pats suck the most. I think BB will give him enough looks on defense that the Pats will win this one going away.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
You could take that two different ways and they would both be right. Brady and Luck could combine for 800 yards in this game. Or Luck will play like a rookie and it'll be a bloodbath.
If I'm the Patriots I make sure I keep personnel out there that keeps Darius Butler on the field. Then I throw at him 30-40 times.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
If I'm the Patriots I make sure I keep personnel out there that keeps Darius Butler on the field. Then I throw at him 30-40 times.
Deion Branch vs Darius Butler

Clash of the Titans!!!!

I hope Hernandez is back because I don't think the Colts LBs and Safeties can match our TEs

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think you'll have a shot to win it for most of the game. I think when all is said and done we can get by with a 10 point win, but I could also see Luck playing very well against us. The Pats are eiyther going to blow you out, or let you stick around until the 4th where we do everything in our power to help you win, so unless youre the Jets or the Bills any team has a good shot at beating us.
I think the offense will have some success. But we are terrible in the redzone. I expect Reggie Wayne to have lots of receptions and yards but probably just one TD. I could also see either one of the little speedy midgets or Dwayne Allen having a solid day receiving. How has the Pats D done against TEs so far? I'm not yet confident in Arians' playcalling even if some mismatches present themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yup, I think the one good thing (although it's not really a good thing) is even when the Pats play a poor game they can still score enough to be competitive. If the defense plays even mediocre (ie not horrendously) I don't think this one will be close. Likewise if the offense plays well I don't think this will be close. However there have been 5 games this year when neither have done that well and 3 resulted in losses.

Luck worries me and Wayne is having himself a year. The Colts running game doesn' give me any worry though so I think Belichick will put everything into stopping Wayne.

I don't think the Colts back 7 can get close to the Pats weapons in this one
I don't really expect it to be close either. It would not shock me but I don't expect it at all. The Pats have too many weapons on offense. Wayne will probably do some damage, and I would not underestimate our run game. We're ranked 14th now w/109 ypg, and that is because of several 130+ yard games recently. It's not great but it's not laughably bad like it was in previous years.

Quote:
Honestly if it isn't Davis it doesn't matter. None of our corners are good.

One positive about having to play the Pats is I at least have someone to talk to this week. So many Pats fans. You know I love you guys.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I think the offense will have some success. But we are terrible in the redzone. I expect Reggie Wayne to have lots of receptions and yards but probably just one TD. I could also see either one of the little speedy midgets or Dwayne Allen having a solid day receiving. How has the Pats D done against TEs so far? I'm not yet confident in Arians' playcalling even if some mismatches present themselves.

Well I'm pretty sure Scott Chandler thinks the Pats defense is his favourite in the league.

Go on the Pats board and you see guys like Cmarq etc constantly stating about our LBs in this system. Belichick has this idea of the perfect LB who is 260lb+ and can run. Well we have 3 LBs who are 260lb+ but only Mayo can run and even he isn't great in coverage. The Pats LB core can blitz and play run defense but they cannot cover ****. It also hurts that the safety play has been underwhelming. I think to put it blountly, if the Colts want to throw the ball 50 times in this game then it's probably not going to hurt them

Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Roethlisberger injury has me thinking about how really ******* lucky Cutler is that nothing serious happened to his shoulder during the Lions game.

You can easily end up getting Chad Pennington'd if you suffer a serious enough shoulder injury.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charges against Peterson have been dropped. At least now he doesn't have to worry about Goddell and any league punishment. He can just continue this season of being a god damned freak of nature :-)

This article is an interesting read. Tells pretty much exactly why the charges got dropped
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-drop-case/

Last edited by General Zod : 11-13-2012 at 03:38 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had completely forgotten about that haha. Good to hear though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The Roethlisberger injury has me thinking about how really ******* lucky Cutler is that nothing serious happened to his shoulder during the Lions game.

You can easily end up getting Chad Pennington'd if you suffer a serious enough shoulder injury.
Although I don't expect him to, there was something that said Ben is EXPECTED to play Sunday. We know Ben is tough, but I think I'd rather have him sit a week or two to heal than to injure him more.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Although I don't expect him to, there was something that said Ben is EXPECTED to play Sunday. We know Ben is tough, but I think I'd rather have him sit a week or two to heal than to injure him more.
So someone who leaves during a game for a shoulder injury to go to the hospital is expected to play the following week? Where the **** did you hear he would play? Everyone has said it looks significant and uniquely bad.

Players normally don't go to hospitals while game is still being played. Players definitely don't go to hospitals during games for SHOULDER injuries unless its basically out of the socket badly.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not expecting him to play. I havnt seen anyone say anything one way or the other. Tomlin called him questionable but that's only cause they don't know yet.

I don't see any way he could play and be effective.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

That is a scary as hell injury for Roethlisberger. Dislocated rib pressing against his aorta. Not sure we see him the rest of the year

Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
That is a scary as hell injury for Roethlisberger. Dislocated rib pressing against his aorta. Not sure we see him the rest of the year
Hey football players are suppose to lay it all on the line on the football field. Lets see it happen! Maybe the line will block better fearing that if Ben gets hit he could die.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This injury blows, but Leftwich is a more than capable back up. Ben thinks he'll return this year, but we will see.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean the defensive player of the week???
Old 11-14-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to PFT, the Rams will franchise Amendola if they can't get a deal done.

Paying a slot WR 11+ million? Is that sane? I know I want him in NE (and probably won't get him because everyone wants an elite slot WR now), but ... 11 million for a slot WR?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You mean the defensive player of the week???
I always had a soft spot for Darius Butler since he was born on the exact same day as me, but if he is matched up on Lloyd one on one then it will be Cary Williams all over again.

In saying that, the Pats should n't look too far away from the middle of the field this week. I really don't think their ILBs and Safeties can cover Welker, Gronk and Hernandez.

Quote:
According to PFT, the Rams will franchise Amendola if they can't get a deal done.

Paying a slot WR 11+ million? Is that sane? I know I want him in NE (and probably won't get him because everyone wants an elite slot WR now), but ... 11 million for a slot WR?

It's a lot but the Rams are starting to build a nice offensive core and it would be counter productive to let one of their main guys go. I would be a little surprised if they didn't sort out a long term deal with him.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eh, the league is pass happy at the moment and money is being shifted away from other positions to cover the extra expenses elsewhere. Where teams once rarely paid slot receivers, or even 2nd receivers sometimes, they now back bigger money that has been shifted away from positions like running back.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Leftwich is a more than capable back up

:rofl

Ok. Just wait until someone gameplans for him. His delivery reads like a UPS menu. In days. And given the lack of healthy RB's, this season for the Steelers is very quickly circling the bowl.

If Ben misses more than 3 games with this, pack it in.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post

His delivery reads like a UPS menu.
I don't even know where to begin without how little sense this statement makes.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UPS has menus?
Old 11-14-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

St.Louis wants to hold on to the only legitimate threat they have in the passing game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't even know where to begin without how little sense this statement makes.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

"Menu" refers to the presentation of food and beverages only.

"Reading" a delivery does not make sense. In essence, when watching any QB throw the football, we are "reading" his delivery, to use the term loosely.

So Byron Leftwich's delivery "reading" like a UPS "menu" makes zero sense.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

Quote:
"Menu" refers to the presentation of food and beverages only.

"Reading" a delivery does not make sense. In essence, when watching any QB throw the football, we are "reading" his delivery, to use the term loosely.

So Byron Leftwich's delivery "reading" like a UPS "menu" makes zero sense.

Oh.... well sooooo sorry.... Sir Semantics.

Please.. carry on.