Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-12-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Sanu made some catches that made you go wow. All I'm saying is right now you can't say Randle is the better WR.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a torn ACL for Kuhn.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we've dumbed the playbook down for randle. he had one okay game. This was Sanu's second start. He's already got a throwing TD, the receiving TD (which was a really nice catch and adjustment on the ball) and was even used for a rush showing his versatility. Randle's done nothing but not catch end zone fades thrown his way.

And Sanu separated pretty nicely on some plays on Webster or Amukamara. Just saying.

It would be nice to have a spark like that from one of our rookies
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubtful it happens because rookie WRs rarely make an impact in our offense or under Coughlin.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

R.R. might be the better prospect, but in our system, it's really tough for a rookie to come out and play at a sick ROTY level.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanu got stats, he didn't do anything that I wouldn't expect from any NFL WR. He got the benefit of a terrible coverage in the endzone that not only allowed him to get a free release to the inside but a crapload of space. He did not separate at all on those catches, so i don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: and it was a good catch, but he also had the benefit of Prince's body and his body keeping it from hitting the ground.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Huh Prince actually played that TD really well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Huh Prince actually played that TD really well.
by coverage i meant coverage play, as in the switch. I know its not always a designed switch but the play design of Cincy versus our defensive was just terrible. We gave up all that space in the switch

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Norwegian was right there with him last I checked and the two of them were gunna get each other to jump. Hope they survive the bye.
We'll make a deal Rosebud. I promise to not jump before you say so :) But I am not seated in the middle of the roof chilling on a couch like you are, I'm carefully looking over the edge and considering the consequences if I jump.

But to my credit, I didn't panic last year, when so many panicked. I was one of the last believers in that team after the NO and GB game. I don't know, I'm just not currently feeling confident about this teams chances in the playoffs.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was nothing I saw in that game that made me think Sanu is better than Randle. I saw no seperation at all.

He made nice traffic catches. He'll be a solid possession WR for his career. That's fine. I like Sanu.

But Randle will be better. He just has to learn the system. You saw what he can do when he's confident in his routes. He was killing it out there. Once he picks up the system he'll be fine.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
There was nothing I saw in that game that made me think Sanu is better than Randle. I saw no seperation at all.

He made nice traffic catches. He'll be a solid possession WR for his career. That's fine. I like Sanu.

But Randle will be better. He just has to learn the system. You saw what he can do when he's confident in his routes. He was killing it out there. Once he picks up the system he'll be fine.
**** that, I'd take a possession guy who can move the chains for us right now, something we don't have. Especially with Nicks not being healthy.

God I want nicks healthy. He's probably my new favorite player and just unreal when healthy
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it looks like Diehl is gonna remain the starter...

Also sounds like the Giants have no plans of playing Wilson more...

Hooray adjustments...
Old 11-13-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
R.R. might be the better prospect, but in our system, it's really tough for a rookie to come out and play at a sick ROTY level.
You guys should grab Greg Salas off the Patriots practice squad. He knows the Run 'n Shoot and I think if he gets another chance he could prove himself.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Na, give Randle his reps. It takes time to develop. He needs reps.

If the light can turn on come playoff time, we should be ok. But we'd like to see it come on sooner.

Realistically he'll be ready next year. Bennett apparently has tears in his knee too which is slowing him down, so that's also hurting our offense.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Na, give Randle his reps. It takes time to develop. He needs reps.

If the light can turn on come playoff time, we should be ok. But we'd like to see it come on sooner.

Realistically he'll be ready next year. Bennett apparently has tears in his knee too which is slowing him down, so that's also hurting our offense.
You guys still pleased with Bennett? What's his percentage of receptions vs targets?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys still pleased with Bennett? What's his percentage of receptions vs targets?
Very pleased. He doesn't have terrible dropsies. Catches most of his passes.

Before he hurt his knee he was really looking good. Now he looks average, you can tell he can't explode anymore and looks slow. But bc he's big, he still can get open underneath. Eli just isn't targeting him much, and the system doesn't really call his #.

But I'm pleased. I'd like to extend him after this season for the right price.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bennett was very good until he hurt his knee against the Browns. His play has dropped off considerably since then so hopefully after the bye he'll start to feel better again. Still an excellent pickup. I think I've only seen him drop a few balls and only 1 possibly 2 where I was really livid about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
So it looks like Diehl is gonna remain the starter...

Also sounds like the Giants have no plans of playing Wilson more...

Hooray adjustments...
I've seen the Wilson comments but nothing about Diehl. If he's the starter against the Pack I will lose it.

Brown should be playing more than Bradshaw and Wilson anyway. I didn't like the Wilson pick at the time as we know so didn't expect much from him this year anyway. The SF game did get me excited but it's been outweighed by his terrible play in most all the other games he's had carries in.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Wilson will be fine. He's not going to make an impact this year, he's a rookie. We all know how Coughlin rolls.

For next year, I'd love to see us go with Brown and Wilson and just part ways with Bradshaw. But I don't see that happening.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I do. We need to save money on the cap and Bradshaw seems like a goner.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

oline coach said Diehl's problems are fixable and he'll be fine next game.

uhm.
Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you fix being terrible?
Old 11-13-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
oline coach said Diehl's problems are fixable and he'll be fine next game.

uhm.
That's like saying your homoerotic relations to Rutgers players are fixable, and will be gone next game. Not going to happen.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I've seen the Wilson comments but nothing about Diehl. If he's the starter against the Pack I will lose it.

Brown should be playing more than Bradshaw and Wilson anyway. I didn't like the Wilson pick at the time as we know so didn't expect much from him this year anyway. The SF game did get me excited but it's been outweighed by his terrible play in most all the other games he's had carries in.

He's only got 18 carries for the whole season, averaging almost 5 yards a pop. I'm really surprised some of you seem to hate Wilson so much before he's even given a chance. I honestly don't get to see him enough to call him terrible but even in limited carries, I wouldn't classify him as terrible personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Haha, I was going to say the same thing LL. He's basically gotten no carries has pretty good average because of it.

I think he'll be a good player. Not sure why GF is so down on him.