Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
It's the accuracy that scares me with him. If you go back to TC, all the beat writers were commenting on how CK's downfield accuracy and touch on throws where he didn't need a ton of velocity, left a lot to be desired. Go back to pre-season. He look very ordinary the first 3 games before looking great in the last one on such throws.

And then there's the fact he holds the ball WAY too long in the pocket a lot of times. I mean he seems to sense pressure ok but there were a lot of near misses of some sack- fumbles with him. And I hate the way he holds the ball away from his body when he starts to scramble. Tuck the ******* ball.
Doesn't matter. Dan thinks we should start him. LOL talk about knee jerk reactions.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how anyone could say this team has no shot at a ring at this stage, that is absolutely ludicrous. When a team loses it's starting QB down by a TD, they usually don't pull off a tie. While the D may not be as stout as last year, the passing game is definitely on an incline and Crabtree is blossoming along with Alex. I almost feel like anyone who says "throw kap out there, team has no shot anyways" should be banned. The freaking Giants were what, 9-7 last year? Anything can happen when you have elite talent all over a roster like we do.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved the bit of Dan's argument where he said any game we get behind in with Smith we're not coming back to win it. I guess Dan didn't see the playoffs last season against New Orleans. Or the game against the Lions and Eagles last year. Dan = FAIL.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I loved the bit of Dan's argument where he said any game we get behind in with Smith we're not coming back to win it. I guess Dan didn't see the playoffs last season against New Orleans. Or the game against the Lions and Eagles last year. Dan = FAIL.
Or the fact that Alex JUST lead them on a 12-play TD drive while getting hurt. That cut the lead down to 7. I mean, HOW THE **** CAN ALEX SMITH LEAD THEM ON ANOTHER TD DRIVE OVER THE COURSE OF THE FINAL 3 QUARTERS. THAT'S ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Or the fact that Alex JUST lead them on a 12-play TD drive while getting hurt. That cut the lead down to 7. I mean, HOW THE **** CAN ALEX SMITH LEAD THEM ON ANOTHER TD DRIVE OVER THE COURSE OF THE FINAL 3 QUARTERS. THAT'S ABSURD!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, after that last drive that Smith led, did anyone feel like we weren't going to come back and win that game if he stayed in?
Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith's comeback wins against the Saints and Eagles were LAST SEASON and neither doesnt mean a damn thing this year.

Smith came back against the Rams to cut it to 14-7. Here's an idea, how about scoring first so we dont have to come back to win? Especially against a team that basically beat us with THREE guys. How the hell can we lose (or tie even though I still consider it a loss) to THREE guys?

Whatever. We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure, my confidence in this team is not what it was a year ago. Defense is overrated. Offense still cant score more than 23ppg and special teams is a joke with the crappy return game, getting faked on punts and Akers sucking up a storm.

But yeah, we're easily Super Bowl contenders.

And there's a HUGE difference between the Giants and us. Giants have an ELITE QB in Eli Manning who's clutch in December/January. We have Smith and Kaepernick. Not even worth discussing.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Kaepernick starts Monday night. I really do. He's the future anyway and I rather see him play sooner rather than later. If he sucks, we go back to average Smith but if he puts up a good game and gets us a win, no way in hell do I want Smith to start another game.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think last night during the football I thought I heard the Kap will start next along with Campell for the Bears.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont care who starts for the Bears but yeah, im hoping that Kaepernick starts. Time to get this guy on the field, let him play and see what he can do. You dont trade up in the second round to draft a QB just to use him as a gadget play guy.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I dont care who starts for the Bears but yeah, im hoping that Kaepernick starts. Time to get this guy on the field, let him play and see what he can do. You dont trade up in the second round to draft a QB just to use him as a gadget play guy.
Do you draft a QB in the 1st round to let him sit on the bench for 3 full seasons before he starts?
Old 11-13-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Do you draft a QB in the 1st round to let him sit on the bench for 3 full seasons before he starts?
NO but there's a huge difference in letting a late first round draft pick who slid but who's behind an all time great QB as opposed to a high second round draft pick who's behind an average at best QB. HUGE difference and people need to stop comparing the two because if you switch them, the same damn thing happens but its the opposite player.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I dont know whats with you guys. A decade of mediocrity must have made you all used to the same crap. When Smith played bad against the Giants, im pretty sure some of you had enough of him but now, all of a sudden, he has to start? Give me a break. You guys are basically the opposite. I never said to start Kaepernick when Smith was healthy but coming off a concussion against the Bears defense isnt exactly the smartest decision so while starting Kaepernick isnt the smartest decision either, it makes more sense than starting Smith especially considering the fact that Kaepernick is 100% healthy and Smith isnt. That right there should end this argument but im sure it wont.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan, you are so obsessed with this "Dan vs. the World" stuff. It's not like there is a group-think where every Non-Dan poster agrees with each other. Jeebus. I'll clue you in on something: you are not a 49ers Martyr. Sorry. You're just not.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL if Alex doesn't get hurt the Niners win the game. Alex is one of the best QBs against the blitz in the NFL.Typical Dan when there is a loss or tie apparently the QB needs to be benched everybody sucks. Don't have a chance to make the playoffs even though they are a game away from the #2 seed. Dan lets just cut everybody because they all suck. It's time to get the young guys on the field and see what they can right? They are 6-2-1 it's over the sky is crashing down.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers win Monday night they are in the driver's seat for the #2 seed in the NFC but you think we should basically throw in the towel, dan. There is being realistic and then there is being crazy.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Smith's comeback wins against the Saints and Eagles were LAST SEASON and neither doesnt mean a damn thing this year.

Smith came back against the Rams to cut it to 14-7. Here's an idea, how about scoring first so we dont have to come back to win? Especially against a team that basically beat us with THREE guys. How the hell can we lose (or tie even though I still consider it a loss) to THREE guys?

Whatever. We'll see what happens. One thing is for sure, my confidence in this team is not what it was a year ago. Defense is overrated. Offense still cant score more than 23ppg and special teams is a joke with the crappy return game, getting faked on punts and Akers sucking up a storm.

But yeah, we're easily Super Bowl contenders.

And there's a HUGE difference between the Giants and us. Giants have an ELITE QB in Eli Manning who's clutch in December/January. We have Smith and Kaepernick. Not even worth discussing.
So since Alex led comebacks last season, he automatically is disqualified to possibly lead the team to a comeback this season? That makes zero sense. And beating a team with three guys also makes zero sense, as that would be impossible.

Eli Manning has also been in the same system with the same personnel for a long time. This is what, Alex Smith's second year in a system and with a staff that finally seems competent.

Quote:
I hope Kaepernick starts Monday night. I really do. He's the future anyway and I rather see him play sooner rather than later. If he sucks, we go back to average Smith but if he puts up a good game and gets us a win, no way in hell do I want Smith to start another game.
Why? Did Smith not just come off having a great game against the Cardinals? You really believe our chances of getting to the Super Bowl this season are better with Kaepernick instead of Smith? Really? Okay, maybe we should just set the team back a couple of more years to let Kaepernick develop even though our starting quarterback is playing very well compared to most other starters in the NFL. Yeah, not like the defense will get older or players will leave for free agency or anything. Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I think last night during the football I thought I heard the Kap will start next along with Campell for the Bears.
Well you heard wrong as a discussion has yet to be made by either team.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-13-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
NO but there's a huge difference in letting a late first round draft pick who slid but who's behind an all time great QB as opposed to a high second round draft pick who's behind an average at best QB. HUGE difference and people need to stop comparing the two because if you switch them, the same damn thing happens but its the opposite player.
The all-time great QB who was 5-12 and 8-8 with Aaron Rodgers on the bench for 2 seasons.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

"But, but, but Kaepernick has 99 speed on Madden."

or something like that
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Dan, you are so obsessed with this "Dan vs. the World" stuff. It's not like there is a group-think where every Non-Dan poster agrees with each other. Jeebus. I'll clue you in on something: you are not a 49ers Martyr. Sorry. You're just not.
I'm not obsessed with anything except the 49ers winning and crushing opponents that they should crush. Whenever Smith plays bad, im sure as hell not the first person to complain about him. And im not saying to bench him for Kaepernick. I said to start Kaepernick because isnt going to be 100% healthy for the game so why on earth would you start a guy coming off a concussion when you have a 100% healthy QB on the sidelines who can start and play one game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
LOL if Alex doesn't get hurt the Niners win the game. Alex is one of the best QBs against the blitz in the NFL.Typical Dan when there is a loss or tie apparently the QB needs to be benched everybody sucks. Don't have a chance to make the playoffs even though they are a game away from the #2 seed. Dan lets just cut everybody because they all suck. It's time to get the young guys on the field and see what they can right? They are 6-2-1 it's over the sky is crashing down.
First, there's no guarantee that we win the game if Alex doesnt get hurt. The way the team played Sunday, im shocked the game ended in a tie instead of us losing. I never said bench Smith or anyone else. I said start Kaepernick because unlike Smith, he'll be 100% healthy and not coming off a concussion. If Smith plays and he plays bad and we lose, everyone will be asking why he played to begin with. Give him the extra week off and make sure he's good to go for the rest of the season. I would only start Kaepernick for the rest of the season if he plays good against the Bears, gets us a win and shows that he can handle the starting job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
If the 49ers win Monday night they are in the driver's seat for the #2 seed in the NFC but you think we should basically throw in the towel, dan. There is being realistic and then there is being crazy.
How is starting Kaepernick while Smith is recoving from a concussion throwing in the towel? IF they win and thats a pretty big IF regardless of who starts for us at QB. If Smith isnt 100% healthy and recovered from the concussion, why wouldnt you start Kaepernick for a week?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
So since Alex led comebacks last season, he automatically is disqualified to possibly lead the team to a comeback this season? That makes zero sense. And beating a team with three guys also makes zero sense, as that would be impossible.
Thats not what I said. I said last season has nothing to do with this season. Just because he led comebacks a few times last season doesnt automatically mean that he would have done it against the Rams or any other team for that matter. No, its not impossible because it was Bradford, Jackson and Amendola who beat us. Subtract them and we should blow them out. We couldnt stop any of them so technically, THREE guys did beat us which is sad and pathetic.

Quote:
Eli Manning has also been in the same system with the same personnel for a long time. This is what, Alex Smith's second year in a system and with a staff that finally seems competent.
Never said anything different but as you already know and have said yourself, Smith isnt winning us the Super Bowl let alone getting us there. He doesnt have the arm strength to do it. He doesnt even take a chance when Moss is one and one. Instead, he audibles off into a run in the opposite direction. Worse thing is that Harbaugh doesnt have the confidence in Smith to air it out or anything. Harbaugh wants Smith to be a game manager which is exactly what he is. He's meant to not turn over the ball, keep the game close and try to pull out a win at the end. Thats never going to change and I dont know about you but in my opinion, thats a crappy way to play the game.

Quote:
Why? Did Smith not just come off having a great game against the Cardinals? You really believe our chances of getting to the Super Bowl this season are better with Kaepernick instead of Smith? Really? Okay, maybe we should just set the team back a couple of more years to let Kaepernick develop even though our starting quarterback is playing very well compared to most other starters in the NFL. Yeah, not like the defense will get older or players will leave for free agency or anything. Nope.
This coming from the guy who wants Smith benched every time he sucks up a storm??? If Kaepernick plays good against the Bears and gets us a win and shows that he can handle being a starter, then YES, I do think that he gives us a better chance at getting to the Super Bowl AND winning it because unlike Smith, he wont be just a game manager. He'll go out there and try to make plays and get us wins. Smith doesnt do that. He simply plays NOT to lose the team the game as opposed to playing to WIN us the game. There's a huge difference. A few players are going to be gone during the 2013 and 2014 off-seasons anyway so it doesnt matter and second, I prefer to find out now if Kaepernick is our future at QB or not. You talk about players getting older and/or leaving but if the team doesnt win with Alex this year and next year, then what? You start Kaepernick in his fourth season and final year of his contract with everyone else around him two years older and several players gone? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense too.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont know whats with you guys. A decade of mediocrity must have made you all used to the same crap. When Smith played bad against the Giants, im pretty sure some of you had enough of him but now, all of a sudden, he has to start? Give me a break. You guys are basically the opposite. I never said to start Kaepernick when Smith was healthy but coming off a concussion against the Bears defense isnt exactly the smartest decision so while starting Kaepernick isnt the smartest decision either, it makes more sense than starting Smith especially considering the fact that Kaepernick is 100% healthy and Smith isnt. That right there should end this argument but im sure it wont.
Smith was 18-19 against the Cardinals (considered a great D by many) and was what, 7-8 against the Rams before leaving with a concussion. Damn him for throwing an incompletion! I'm just responding to the 1st part of your post here. I think it was silly that people were willing to give up on him after the Giants game, but you get used to things like that around here after so many years. If he can't go next week because of the concussion, then yes, Kaep should start. I'd rather have Kaep than Campbell out there next Monday night... all things considered.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
And im not saying to bench him for Kaepernick. I said to start Kaepernick because isnt going to be 100% healthy for the game
But you are. You never said "IF" Smith isn't healthy. You jumped straight to "he won't be healthy" which is an assumption. You're pushing an agenda that may not come into play if Smith is given a clean bill of health in 6 days.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Did you guys know that Smith has twice as many touchdowns as incomplete passes in his last two games?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Did you guys know that Smith has twice as many touchdowns as incomplete passes in his last two games?
But he's not the future. Bench him.