Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Thats not what I said. I said last season has nothing to do with this season. Just because he led comebacks a few times last season doesnt automatically mean that he would have done it against the Rams or any other team for that matter. No, its not impossible because it was Bradford, Jackson and Amendola who beat us. Subtract them and we should blow them out. We couldnt stop any of them so technically, THREE guys did beat us which is sad and pathetic.
So if Bradford, Jackson, and Amendola were on the field in a 3 vs. 11 situation they would have still come out on top? Their offensive line didn't have to block or anything like that? No other backs had to act in blitz pickup? No other wide receivers had to be accounted for? Three players on offense can literally beat 11 players on defense. And that makes sense. Okay Dan.

And yes you did say that. You implied it in so many words. Your direct quote:

Quote:
Any game we get behind in with Smith, we're not coming back to win so you can forget it.
This doesn't make sense as Smith has proved he can do it before. So what if it was last season. Just because it's a new year he can't do it? What? Why? He's playing better this year than he did last year.

Quote:
Never said anything different but as you already know and have said yourself, Smith isnt winning us the Super Bowl let alone getting us there. He doesnt have the arm strength to do it. He doesnt even take a chance when Moss is one and one. Instead, he audibles off into a run in the opposite direction. Worse thing is that Harbaugh doesnt have the confidence in Smith to air it out or anything. Harbaugh wants Smith to be a game manager which is exactly what he is. He's meant to not turn over the ball, keep the game close and try to pull out a win at the end. Thats never going to change and I dont know about you but in my opinion, thats a crappy way to play the game.
I've changed my opinion Smith as of now. No he's not a top level quarterback, but from what I've seen and what Jim Harbaugh is trying to do, it's enough to get the 49ers to the Super Bowl. They almost did it last season and would have if it wasn't for two costly turnovers by Kyle Williams in a rainy game. If you don't like it, well you don't have to be a fan and watch the games.

Quote:
This coming from the guy who wants Smith benched every time he sucks up a storm??? If Kaepernick plays good against the Bears and gets us a win and shows that he can handle being a starter, then YES, I do think that he gives us a better chance at getting to the Super Bowl AND winning it because unlike Smith, he wont be just a game manager. He'll go out there and try to make plays and get us wins. Smith doesnt do that. He simply plays NOT to lose the team the game as opposed to playing to WIN us the game. There's a huge difference. A few players are going to be gone during the 2013 and 2014 off-seasons anyway so it doesnt matter and second, I prefer to find out now if Kaepernick is our future at QB or not. You talk about players getting older and/or leaving but if the team doesnt win with Alex this year and next year, then what? You start Kaepernick in his fourth season and final year of his contract with everyone else around him two years older and several players gone? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense too.
No, this is coming from a person that isn't immune to objectivity and has a enough common sense not to panic when a team is 6-2-1 or rather lose a game than tie it. You don't know what you're going to get in Kaepernick, please. Don't use your disdain for Alex to make conclusions about what Kaepernick can be which are unfounded. I wouldn't even get too excited about what he came in and did. It was the St.Louis Rams who didn't practice for him. You think Kaepernick is going to do that backyard football crap against the Bears? Please. We've seen Troy Smith have a great game coming into a situation like that. Kaepernick needs more structure to be a better pocket passer and it's clear that he isn't ready yet. Inserting him now, when the team has played well up to this point with it's starter is ridiculous. I can't believe you're laying all this crap Alex Smith, who played well up until the point he got hurt. Oh and I'm sure the free agent market will be clamoring for Kaepernick's services if his rookie contract runs out. Absurd.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.