Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's his collegiate track & field profile: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndFiel...px?AID=2282807

Best 100 time is a 10.71, while LaMichael's best time in college was a 10.51. Not sure how the situations compared, but that's fairly significant. CJ Spiller consistently ran sub-10.5 with a 10.22 in there. Jamaal Charles ran 10.3s. So those are some pretty concrete comparisons. Doesn't look like he has that kind of straight speed.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although, I might add, that doesn't mean he's slow. Just probably means he won't be running sub-4.4. 4.50 is probably a fairly realistic expectation, then. So, conservatively, say he does measure in at 5106 192 and runs 4.5 flat. Now what kind of prospect is he? I still might take him in the second, but would rather the third if that were to be the case. Measurables are pretty important at running back. Can't think of a really good one that doesn't have something going for him in the gym. A realistic physical comparison might be Daryl Richardson of the Rams. But that doesn't say much about the way he plays.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 11-13-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Although, I might add, that doesn't mean he's slow. Just probably means he won't be running sub-4.4. 4.50 is probably a fairly realistic expectation, then. So, conservatively, say he does measure in at 5106 192 and runs 4.5 flat. Now what kind of prospect is he? I still might take him in the second, but would rather the third if that were to be the case. Measurables are pretty important at running back. Can't think of a really good one that doesn't have something going for him in the gym. A realistic physical comparison might be Daryl Richardson of the Rams. But that doesn't say much about the way he plays.
I have to agree, at 193lbs., his career might be short lived at the next level even if I think he is more of a 4.42 type. I think, he'll need to be with a team where he rotates in and out to survive but he could be really effective in that role IMO. I don't think he will last past round 2.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
Watching a lot of Oregon last year and you could tell that Barner would be a better RB prospect than James.... He has great vision, makes good decisions, phenomenal acceleration, and knows when to go down or out of bounds. He also has shown the ability to catch the ball.

I was going to type more, but after reading some more posts, it seems like most of you see it as well..... Barner just looks like a pro running back in the way he runs.
Agreed. I'm a big fan of him. Like more than the back from Clemson that is for sure.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote