Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randolph?

Zach Randolph?

You mean this guy?

Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy hell does Pau get a bad rap around here. Damn. Dude's one of the most skilled post scorers in the league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Holy hell does Pau get a bad rap around here. Damn. Dude's one of the most skilled post scorers in the league
The problem is that he thinks he's a 7 foot guard now. He took one shot in the paint last night, despite playing Center with the bench. He no want the ball in the paint.

y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
The problem is that he thinks he's a 7 foot guard now. He took one shot in the paint last night, despite playing Center with the bench. He no want the ball in the paint.

That's an awesome picture. Dammit Pau, your mentality is your biggest flaw.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want that ***** on my team. He's like a shittier version of Gallinari.

Yes Knick fans, I went there. Gallo sucks.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Randolph?

Zach Randolph?

You mean this guy?

When he is healthy, Z-Bo is a ******* baller.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt it would ever happen, but I think Pau could be a nice fit with the Celts. Pau's post game would compliment KG's jumpers well. Although if we are looking for a post player Al Jeff could probably be had for cheaper.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Al Jeff's value is a lot higher then Pau's at this point. So I wouldn't say cheaper.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Dwight and Pau is the same as Bynum and Pau. They do not play well together, they both need to be in the paint to operate. Pau is not a stretch 4 at all. Amare can extend a little bit and has proved that he can be successful with Nash in D'Antoni's system.
It's not the same really. Dwight can actually do things like past out of a double team, hit cutters and reverse the ball weakside to open shooters from post position. He also has the laterally footspeed and agility to make-up for Pau's deficiencies as a post defender.

The problem is Dwight is maybe 75% and needs Pau to grow a pair and pick up the slack with post scoring and rebound consistently to make up for it. And it looks like its going to take at least 2 months for Dwight to get healthy, which is too long to put up with Pau's ********. I give Pau a lot of **** but he's missing Nash probably more than anybody right now. Nash's presence helps Pau's other skills shine, like passing out of the high-low post. So part of me wants to wait til Nash comes back and see how he responds. But his *****-ass play thus far has put him on the hot seat with most fans. He's healthy, Dwight isn't and so far Dwight is out-playing him by leaps and bounds to the point that Pau's out third best big man. Pau is too good of a player to be less productive than Jordan Hill. And I LOVE Hill but he doesn't possess nearly the skill of Gasol.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't want that ***** on my team. He's like a shittier version of Gallinari.

Yes Knick fans, I went there. Gallo sucks.
In case you ever have another backetball-though just remember, **** you. **** everything you have to say about basketball.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
You guys just need to trade for Varejao. You know you would love him.
I'd trade him for Pau, straight up. He instantly transforms us to a champion contender. That's how much I love what Varejao brings to the table. And it gives Pau what he needs to he effective again.....the paint all to himself. Unfortunately, I doubt it would ever happen.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I think Al Jeff's value is a lot higher then Pau's at this point. So I wouldn't say cheaper.
Meh, the Lakers are going to want a pretty legit talent in order to replace Pau (not saying they can get it). Because of the logjam in the Utah frontcourt I could see them moving one of those guys for talent in other areas plus good prospects/picks. Al Jeff could be the odd guy out there, but we will see what transpires.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utah will absolutely trade Milsap or Jefferson (or maybe Kanter in a deal for a guard) this year. They love Favors and need to open up more minutes for him.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

If anybody needs to to trade for Verajao, it's the Heat.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Milsap or Jefferson to Houston for uh, uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Royce White? Yea, do that Utah. Go.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Utah will absolutely trade Milsap or Jefferson (or maybe Kanter in a deal for a guard) this year. They love Favors and need to open up more minutes for him.
Yup this is my thinking as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Milsap or Jefferson to Houston for uh, uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Royce White? Yea, do that Utah. Go.
I honestly thought of this already...

It's not enough, but maybe if Houston adds like a pick or something and the Jazz really can't get anything from anybody else...

But more likely the Jazz will get a guard in return.

Hm. I say we make it the duty of this board to predict the exact trade the Jazz make in a few months. It IS going to happen. It's just a matter of for who... And there are only 30 teams, the salaries have to match, etc. etc. so there are a finite number of realistic ideas.

OK go.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

We all know Utah wants Roddy B and Marion. They might as well do it now and save the Mavs the trouble.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Lin and Royce for Jefferson. Boom.
Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 05:20 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean Royce the D-leaguer?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
You mean Royce the D-leaguer?
I just wanna help commie out by getting him out of houston.
Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lin and Royce for Jefferson. Boom.
Toney Douglas as the Rockets starting Point Guard? Are you trying to cause me to bomb the Toyota Center?!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Toney Douglas as the Rockets starting Point Guard? Are you trying to cause me to bomb the Toyota Center?!
I assumed that this open roster spot meant I was going to make the team and be the starting point guard.
Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I assumed that this open roster spot meant I was going to make the team and be the starting point guard.
Only if you can beat out Scott Machado. If you cant, you lose your name.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Machado is a lot better than Toney, personally.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote