Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually agree with Brody for once. You give me a healthy Dwight and VJ in the front court and I they're killing everything that moves. No rebounds for you!
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when the Cavs didn't wanna give up JJ Hickson for a still worth something Amar'e. Good times, good times.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get this ******* game over with so we can watch the game of the week damnit

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE ROCKETS WIN!!!!! YAHHHH!!!!!

Harden going off for 30. Good to see him going HAM again after being on a cold streak for the past few games. Now Lin on the other hand....ugh. Be nice if he would make a good percentage of his shots for once. 2-10 tonight and shooting 37 percent this season.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Last edited by Da-Phins : 11-14-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cartier Martin huh...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still scared at how "efficient" Harden will be after a full year. I doubt he keeps a pace anything close to what he did in OKC. Glad to see he's still getting star treatment from the refs though.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

**** man....I really wanted Mayo to be a Laker
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always never a big fan of Harden because of the types of calls he gets. 80% of them are all absurd.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo was never going to be a laker. We had nothing to spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I always never a big fan of Harden because of the types of calls he gets. 80% of them are all absurd.
I'm curious to understand your logic when you acknowledge that there is favorable calls for certain players (which there totally ******* is), but it's a incomprehensible defense when being used for a defensive player. If they go one way, that means they're obviously going against someone else on the other end.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
**** man....I really wanted Mayo to be a Laker
I really thought he got a bad deal in Memphis. The dude is pretty damn talented. Reminds me of Jalen Rose.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Mayo was never going to be a laker. We had nothing to spend.
Kobe is his idol and playing for the Lakers has always been his dream(or so he has said). It wasn't about money really, it was a chance to start. Mavs didn't throw a ton of money at him, more so a opportunity to make more money down the road. Which we could have as well.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he wasnt going to start for us either, so thats and interesting argument lol.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I really thought he got a bad deal in Memphis. The dude is pretty damn talented. Reminds me of Jalen Rose.
So.....average as all hell?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well he wasnt going to start for us either, so thats and interesting argument lol.
True....but he would have saw plenty of time. Even with both him and Kobe and the floor.

And where in the hell have the Wiz been hiding hiding Cartier Martin? They might want to give him some more run...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So.....average as all hell?
I meant his playing style, not necessarily his career arch. Besides, in his prime Jalen Rose was a pretty damn good scorer.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm curious to understand your logic when you acknowledge that there is favorable calls for certain players (which there totally ******* is), but it's a incomprehensible defense when being used for a defensive player. If they go one way, that means they're obviously going against someone else on the other end.
Well, from what I've seen from Cousins (which I've seen a fair amount), it's more because he's foul prone and doesn't play smart at times which gets him into foul trouble.

There is a reason he averages 4 personal fouls a game in his career.

Besides, these are two very different things. You're stretching it trying to say Cousins gets boned because of constant bad calls on him. Many of the calls I've seen are completely legitimate. Does he get bad calls against him from time to time? Sure, but so does every big man. It's the nature of the game. Especially when you have his body type.

And while foul trouble may cause some issues, it can't really explain away his gross ineptitude for putting the ball in the basket, which is my main gripe with him.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well, from what I've seen from Cousins (which I've seen a fair amount), it's more because he's foul prone and doesn't play smart at times which gets him into foul trouble.

There is a reason he averages 4 personal fouls a game in his career.

Besides, these are two very different things. You're stretching it trying to say Cousins gets boned because of constant bad calls on him. Many of the calls I've seen are completely legitimate. Does he get bad calls against him from time to time? Sure, but so does every big man. It's the nature of the game. Especially when you have his body type.

And while foul trouble may cause some issues, it can't really explain away his gross ineptitude for putting the ball in the basket, which is my main gripe with him.
I referenced him getting boned by calls after the San Antonio game because he did get boned on three different instances, and Sean Idiot acknowledged it. What i'm saying is that his playing style and body type lends itself to getting constantly unfavorable calls against him, the same way some players get constant favorable calls due to their playing style (Harden, Wade, Lebron, Durant). Obviously he needs to change that to keep himself out of those gray area calls that can go either way, but i don't think it's a stretch at all to say he gets a lot of those "50/50" calls go against him.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone notice how LeBron just repeats everything over and over in that Samsung commercial?! Obnoxious.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OJ mayo is shooting 60% from three. He also happens to attempt the most per game. In contrast James Harden is attempting almost the same but he's shooting a whopping 25%.

That **** Cray.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Anyone notice how LeBron just repeats everything over and over in that Samsung commercial?! Obnoxious.
I hate that commercial because i can bet anything he's the total OPPOSITE in real life.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Scrub? Seriously? He's a hell of a lot better than Amar'e.
Amare has nothing to do with him. He's an effort guy. Young Kurt Thomas. Cool.

He's not the second coming of anything.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I hate that commercial because i can bet anything he's the total OPPOSITE in real life.
He may try to be that way in Miami just to try and change his image of what he was perceived to be by CLE fans. He strikes me as a guy who may very well do the things he does in that commercial but it probably comes off very fake.

Quote:
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** Eric Bledsoe just made Wade his *****.

If you're not watching, watch the block.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Bledsoe and Paul is so unfair....