Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap Bledsoe just stuffed Wade so badly.

Get that boy a starting job somewhere.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He may try to be that way in Miami just to try and change his image of what he was perceived to be by CLE fans. He strikes me as a guy who may very well do the things he does in that commercial but it probably comes off very fake.
It's not perceived.. it's what he actually was. I'm not sure he's actually like that anymore, dude may have actually grown up, but he was an entitled dickhead for the better portion of his career. It'll take more than a few samsung commercials before i think differently.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Amare has nothing to do with him. He's an effort guy. Young Kurt Thomas. Cool.

He's not the second coming of anything.
Varejao is a better rebounder and passer than Thomas ever was. He's an incredibly useful player and any team can easily contend with him as a starting big man.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone find video of the Bledsoe block, nao
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm still scared at how "efficient" Harden will be after a full year. I doubt he keeps a pace anything close to what he did in OKC. Glad to see he's still getting star treatment from the refs though.
He'll be fine, he's really cold right now and cant hit an open jumper to save his life, something which obviously won't last all year. That and he went through an absolutely brutal stretch of being guarded by Andre Iguodala, Tony Allen, and LeBron/Wade/Battier over a week long span. He was 10-20 tonight for his 30 points, but 1-7 from 3, completely bricking a few open ones. That'll improve. Plus, he absolutely eviscerates mediocre/bad teams, so those will pad his stats.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care what ANYBODY says(yes Brody I'm talking to you), The Clips are scary good. Even without Billups.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to beards, Haslem is the anti-Harden.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
He'll be fine, he's really cold right now and cant hit an open jumper to save his life, something which obviously won't last all year. That and he went through an absolutely brutal stretch of being guarded by Andre Iguodala, Tony Allen, and LeBron/Wade/Battier over a week long span. He was 10-20 tonight for his 30 points, but 1-7 from 3, completely bricking a few open ones. That'll improve. Plus, he absolutely eviscerates mediocre/bad teams, so those will pad his stats.
Only thing with that is, if you think about it, pretty much every contending team has one of those guys on the perimeter. He'll lift his stats up playing teams like the Kings, then look like JR Smith other nights. I'm hoping he pulls through and becomes a great player for them, though. Rockets were my childhood team. I cried many times over them.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamal Crawford is amazing.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron REALLY wants people to like him. That "congratulations Lebron" commercial that aired during the home opener also didn't help.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sums up another embarassing loss by washington
Old 11-14-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Someone find video of the Bledsoe block, nao
im on my phone so I can't add img tags can someone fix it for me?

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/11/14/3...ck-of-the-year
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Lebron REALLY wants people to like him. That "congratulations Lebron" commercial that aired during the home opener also didn't help.
Maybe 2-3 years ago. Honestly don't think he gives a **** anymore and I like him a lot better now because of it.
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That wasn't even the most embarrassing loss of the night. The ******* 6ers shot 29% from the field. 29%!!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
im on my phone so I can't add img tags can someone fix it for me?

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/11/14/3...ck-of-the-year
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
That's his problem. You can't be everything to everybody. Just be yourself, play ball and build you empire. The rest of that **** will sort itself out. Personally, he's just too image conscious for me to believe he;s ever genuine. That whole Dunk-gate thing with Crawford at his camp was just the lamest **** ever.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-14-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only thing with that is, if you think about it, pretty much every contending team has one of those guys on the perimeter. He'll lift his stats up playing teams like the Kings, then look like JR Smith other nights. I'm hoping he pulls through and becomes a great player for them, though. Rockets were my childhood team. I cried many times over them.
I don't think anyone else really fits into the category of an Iggy/Allen as far as perimeter defense goes. Maybe Avery Bradley, but that's it. LeBron is a great defender, but its more because he can defend every single position and do it well. There are a lot of good defenders, but none as good as those, and Harden got 3 of the 4 I mentioned in a week, at a time when he can't buy a jumper. My point is that it cant really get worse for him that it has this past week as far as efficiency goes. Maybe I'm wrong, but his history as a jump shooter, and watching him kill every other team by blowing past their perimeter defenders makes me believe I wont be.

That and hes 23 years old. Even if he struggles, he has a lot of time to improve his game.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

JVG shut the **** up already....
Old 11-14-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems rather than doing analysis jvg just talks about his feelings.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Van Gundy is awesome. They've been talking about this Lakers **** for way too long though, 2 of the best teams in the league are playing right now and him and Tirico would rather scream and yell about Mike Brown for 10 minutes than talk about the game.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I absolutely love Jeff Van Gundy. I think he's hilarious, and just fun to listen to.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shout out to bantx and Eric Bledsoe for the new 1-2 avy/sig.

This game has been Everything Ive wanted it to be outside of Willie Green

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

So which team is gonna throw a **** ton at the Clippers at the deadline hoping to land Bledsoe?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like jvg too I just think he should have let the la thing go after like the first few minutes of it

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
So which team is gonna throw a **** ton at the Clippers at the deadline hoping to land Bledsoe?
Utah should try to put something together. They have the pieces to do it and Mo Williams is fine as a bench scorer type but he's not ideal as a starting PG.