Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oops, wrong board.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 11-13-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well... with Kenyon Coleman out, we'll probably get a great look at Tyrone Crawford...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They brought up Ben Bass from the practice squad too, and Lissemore is due back soon. With the injuries to the D-Line I've hardly noticed because guys have been stepping up. So far Crawford's done okay, but now he might shine the way Bruce Carter has. Same with Bass. I liked Bass a lot in preseason too, so it's nice to see him back.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coleman going to IR will hurt our run defense a little bit. We have a good opportunity to see what we have against Cleveland this week against the run. We should be able to shut it down. Gordon has been emerging as of late...gotta be careful we don't let him make any big plays. I liked Bass a lot in preseason so hopefully he gets some good reps. Might see Brent and Ratliff on the base defense this week imo to get the best 11 on the field. But we will see what rob does.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Coleman going to IR will hurt our run defense a little bit. We have a good opportunity to see what we have against Cleveland this week against the run. We should be able to shut it down. Gordon has been emerging as of late...gotta be careful we don't let him make any big plays. I liked Bass a lot in preseason so hopefully he gets some good reps. Might see Brent and Ratliff on the base defense this week imo to get the best 11 on the field. But we will see what rob does.
I could never figure out what's going on in your avatar.... what is it about?

Would be nice to see Brent and Rat on the field at the same time.

One thing this defense has been good at is keeping things in front of them and not giving up huge plays. Last year those were a major common place and I'm so glad we've improved in that area this year. Hopefully, yes, we keep Gordon in check.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I could never figure out what's going on in your avatar.... what is it about?

Would be nice to see Brent and Rat on the field at the same time.

One thing this defense has been good at is keeping things in front of them and not giving up huge plays. Last year those were a major common place and I'm so glad we've improved in that area this year. Hopefully, yes, we keep Gordon in check.
Peprah saw a ton of snaps last weak getting the start. He's also the guy that blew the coverage on Maclins TD. Other than that I didn't even notice he was on the field. Hopefully he can come in for us and play assignment football. It'll be his 3rd week with us now.

I don't even have my avatar visable so I had to go look to see what you were talking about!

nothing special..just liked the visual effect to make it appear 3d.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garretts fault, Romos fault, or WRs fault?

The announcers] were talking about a similar situation to the run-pass option you diagrammed. Laufenberg noted that Romo has consistently responded to single coverage on his flankers by trying to get the ball to them on 'deep fades'(or go routes). Laufenberg said, in effect: Yes, Romo is seeing the coverage correctly and making what should be the right audible; however, the problem is that the Cowboys wideouts, including Austin, have been terrible at running these patterns this year.

He said they are undisciplined in their routes and techniques, fail to fight off or properly evade the press at the line, and when they get past the line, do not leave enough field between themselves and the sidelines for Romo to throw to."

Sounds to me like Romo is the least of our problems, but thats just me...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

The announcers] were talking about a similar situation to the run-pass option you diagrammed. Laufenberg noted that Romo has consistently responded to single coverage on his flankers by trying to get the ball to them on 'deep fades'(or go routes). Laufenberg said, in effect: Yes, Romo is seeing the coverage correctly and making what should be the right audible; however, the problem is that the Cowboys wideouts, including Austin, have been terrible at running these patterns this year.

He said they are undisciplined in their routes and techniques, fail to fight off or properly evade the press at the line, and when they get past the line, do not leave enough field between themselves and the sidelines for Romo to throw to."

Careful your line of thought is going to get you jumped. Defending Romo is a crime here :)

On a serious note Quarterbacks ALWAYS receive too much credit when things are good and too much blame when things are bad. Always the case.

That being said the entire team is undisciplined that isn't a coincidence. Pre-snap penalties are also a mark of an undisciplined team. Good news is the offensive line has been excellent compared to early in the season when it comes to pre-snap so perhaps it's just a matter of time.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Careful your line of thought is going to get you jumped. Defending Romo is a crime here :)

On a serious note Quarterbacks ALWAYS receive too much credit when things are good and too much blame when things are bad. Always the case.

That being said the entire team is undisciplined that isn't a coincidence. Pre-snap penalties are also a mark of an undisciplined team. Good news is the offensive line has been excellent compared to early in the season when it comes to pre-snap so perhaps it's just a matter of time.
An O-line that cant block, WRs that run the wrong routes, Drops, no running game, and people say we need to get rid of Romo? Crazy talk! Romo does have his share of bone headed plays but usually its from pressing or trying to make a play when the play has been blown up. Not to mention the OC doesnt play to his strengths and/or getting the play in late ect ect

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-15-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yep, Austin makes those mistakes too, but people want to crucify Dez for all of his. Remember the one Austin lost in the lights last year? That catch puts the eventual SB winner at home for the playoffs. Still don't know who to actually blame on that, but I do know that if it was Dez people would have been screaming to trade him all off-season.

Romo does press too much though, that's usually when we get into trouble. A better/consistent ground game makes him much better but we haven't had that. We get down to most teams 10+ points really fast, then get surprised he makes a mistake at that point in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This is what I just heard....

Romo can win us the SB if everything is working great.

Well no ****.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is what I just heard....

Romo can win us the SB if everything is working great.

Well no ****.
Not EVERYTHING, but how about we start with SOMETHING. You tell me, what about this offense do you like? LT? That about it?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not EVERYTHING, but how about we start with SOMETHING. You tell me, what about this offense do you like? LT? That about it?
I love Austin, Dez, Witten... that right there is plenty to like. Way too much blame has been put on them. How they are being used and coached up is questionable... How come Romo is not on the same page with them is questionable... but their talent is not questionable.

The OL is improving. It's hard to be patient with them, but they were slapped together and didn't have a preseason to work together due to several injuries. Of course we need improvements... but they aren't the worst OL in the league or anything... although we like to think that.

I wish we didn't have to rely on Felix so much, but he played alright last Sunday.

Romo is a polarizing figure. There are times he looks good and times he looks bad. Those inconsistencies make us feel wondering if we can win every week no matter who the competition is (good or bad). Bottomline, win or lose, it's not all on Romo. I realize he shouldn't get all the blame but neither should he not be held accountable. This is HIS team. He shoulders the load and right now the offense has yet to put together a complete game this season. I do fault Garrett more than Romo. I think Romo can win a SB if we fix the rest of the issues around him which is doable in one offseason. I just don't want more excuses to be thrown at Romo this season. This is his 6th year under Garrett. 7th year with Witten. 7th year with Austin. 3rd year with Dez. We should be much farther along than we are.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with much of what you said. I think the bulk of our offensive woes should fall on the OC. I think JG brings a lot of positives to the HC position. Unfortunately, I think being the play caller is one of his biggest weaknesses. I really believe that if Callahan took over this offense and allowed JG to be the HC, this team would be much better off. I know that probably not going to happen, though. At least not this season.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I agree with much of what you said. I think the bulk of our offensive woes should fall on the OC. I think JG brings a lot of positives to the HC position. Unfortunately, I think being the play caller is one of his biggest weaknesses. I really believe that if Callahan took over this offense and allowed JG to be the HC, this team would be much better off. I know that probably not going to happen, though. At least not this season.
Also since we are on this topic let's take it further. Romo's biggest strength is his mobility, and his accuracy on the run, why are we doing so many 5-7 step drops? Our offense should be a TON more roll outs and bootlegs, getting Romo into space, and not trying to force his hand 7 steps deep with a crap offensive line.

It doesn't seem tailored to him at all. Now yea, he's done great in this offense, but we should be running an offense much more closer to the one Shanny runs in Washington then what we do. Even a West Coast offense would be a lot better. I mean it's hard to gripe because this offense had been one of the better units when JG first got here, but it's slowly gotten worse and worse.

There are so many logical things we could be doing on offense to improve, and I'm not even close to being a huge X's and O's guy either. I think Gruden and Holmgren would both have an offense much better suited for Romo and this offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Romo in Shannahan's WCO offense. Not the one he has RGIII running, but the one he had Jay Cutler running. I think Romo would be great in that offense.

In fact, this offense is built to be that type of offense.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Also since we are on this topic let's take it further. Romo's biggest strength is his mobility, and his accuracy on the run, why are we doing so many 5-7 step drops? Our offense should be a TON more roll outs and bootlegs, getting Romo into space, and not trying to force his hand 7 steps deep with a crap offensive line.

It doesn't seem tailored to him at all. Now yea, he's done great in this offense, but we should be running an offense much more closer to the one Shanny runs in Washington then what we do. Even a West Coast offense would be a lot better. I mean it's hard to gripe because this offense had been one of the better units when JG first got here, but it's slowly gotten worse and worse.

There are so many logical things we could be doing on offense to improve, and I'm not even close to being a huge X's and O's guy either. I think Gruden and Holmgren would both have an offense much better suited for Romo and this offense.
I think the biggest element we lack is creativity.

I will say this though about rollouts and things. They sound good, but keep in mind that when you roll out, you essentially take a third to a half of the field away from the QB. If Romo rolls to his right, the defense really only has to worry about the middle of the field to the rollout sideline. Not saying it can't be successful; just saying it needs to be done at the right time.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-15-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Exactly, and why is that? Dez, Austin, Witten, DeMarco, Romo and we SUCK in the red zone. Oline (cant pick up a yard when we need to) and play calling. We fix those 2 things and we have a high scoring offense IMO

Old 11-15-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Exactly, and why is that? Dez, Austin, Witten, DeMarco, Romo and we SUCK in the red zone. Oline (cant pick up a yard when we need to) and play calling. We fix those 2 things and we have a high scoring offense IMO
Garrett has always sucked in the red zone/short yardage situations. All he knows are pass plays. I think we've seen some improvement in that area this year with Bill Callahan's help since he took over the running coordinator.

Wanna know why Garrett's offense was better when he first got here than now... He had a smarter OL back then. Veterans who knew what the hell they were doing. Flozell, Kosier, Gurode, Davis, Colombo.

Garrett has tried to make a bold statement that he can put together a patchwork OL and OL depth made up of late round/undrafted players and cheap free agents and get away with it. Outside of Smith, that's all he's ever done. This offseason better be committed to the OL. That's all I hope for.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Should be interesting to see Bernadeau at C. Dockery will be RG.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Should be interesting to see Bernadeau at C. Dockery will be RG.
More suckery

Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think the biggest element we lack is creativity.

I will say this though about rollouts and things. They sound good, but keep in mind that when you roll out, you essentially take a third to a half of the field away from the QB. If Romo rolls to his right, the defense really only has to worry about the middle of the field to the rollout sideline. Not saying it can't be successful; just saying it needs to be done at the right time.
houston's offense is a good example that, but as you said we lack the creativity to do anything like that anyway
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have been saying since 09 that this offence would be better run as a WCO.

Bit of an eye opener that the WR's aren't running routes correctly and I think that says a bit about our WR coaches more then anything. Miles has shown that he's a work horse. That's why he's in the position that he is in. But they are... Based on expert observation missing something on their routes.

Time to get on that quicksmart. Who is the WR coach in NE??? They seem to be doing a pretty good job on short route stuff.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
We have been saying since 09 that this offence would be better run as a WCO.

Bit of an eye opener that the WR's aren't running routes correctly and I think that says a bit about our WR coaches more then anything. Miles has shown that he's a work horse. That's why he's in the position that he is in. But they are... Based on expert observation missing something on their routes.

Time to get on that quicksmart. Who is the WR coach in NE??? They seem to be doing a pretty good job on short route stuff.
jimmy robinson has a great reputation as wr coach, he developed pro bowl wr's in greg jennings and jordy nelson in gb, so he ain't the problem, the recievers are flat out not making plays and running bad or wrong routes, its up to miles, dez and ogletree to make the plays in the games NOT THE COACH
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
jimmy robinson has a great reputation as wr coach, he developed pro bowl wr's in greg jennings and jordy nelson in gb, so he ain't the problem, the recievers are flat out not making plays and running bad or wrong routes, its up to miles, dez and ogletree to make the plays in the games NOT THE COACH
I think it's Tony's problem. As the leader of this team and this offense, it's his job to make sure his receivers are on the same page as him. We all know the work Tony has put in with Witten and it shows. Being roommates during training camp, hanging out off the field, all of that adds up and helps.

The great QBs know how to get the most out of their receivers. When you look at the best of the best... I see guys like Peyton and Marvin Harrison for example. They constantly worked together, even in pregame warm ups. You just don't see that kind of connection between Romo and his WRs. At least not to the same degree.

It's that word again... LEADERSHIP.

It's been a questionable issue for this team since Romo has been our starting QB.