Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still happy we're 5-3 so far this year. It just seems like we're cursed with these injuries.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't see the game, but Wade almost didn't play last night because of his ankle so it's not really shocking he looked like ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I absolutely love Jeff Van Gundy. I think he's hilarious, and just fun to listen to.
Jeff's my third favorite announcer after Stacy King and Clyde.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the #Knicks beat the Spurs tonight (don't think they will), I'm going full BBD.

On the Clipper, I still don't see them getting out of the second round. I'll take the Spurs and Thunder over them right now and I'm pretty sure the Lakers will do something about their horrific bench.

I agree with Brody that Clips absolutely fall about sans Paul. They probably wouldn't make the playoffs.

I don't agree with Brody about Bledsoe, you can tell he is going to be a good player.....it takes a while to learn the PG position in the NBA and he's just starting to get his head around it. He'll never be an all star, but that's fine. He'll be a starter.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm confused. Mo Williams already didn't come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Umm TJ, he's on the Jazz.
I misread yo's post on 3043. I thought he Was suggesting Mo be traded back in a deal for Bledsoe. Yeah, I don't know.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Jamal Crawford, pure hooper.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying the Clippers would fail without the best PG in the NBA isn't really groundbreaking..
Old 11-15-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Saying the Clippers would fail without the best PG in the NBA isn't really groundbreaking..
Obviously, but it was a point Brody made and seemed to be getting busted on for.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comahan, are you old enough to remember the 85-86 Rockets team? Probably not, huh?

Reason I ask is because I've read a few different pieces on them recently...about how Hakeem and Sampson just tore threw the Lakers like it was a joke in the WCF before losing to (arguably) the greatest team ever in the 85-86 Celtics.

Then drugs and Sampson's back injury slammed their window shut and Hakeem was playing with stiffs until the mid-90s. Believe it was the Dream himself who said the 85-86 team would have killed their championship teams.

This team has piqued my curiosity.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
Comahan, are you old enough to remember the 85-86 Rockets team? Probably not, huh?

Reason I ask is because I've read a few different pieces on them recently...about how Hakeem and Sampson just tore threw the Lakers like it was a joke in the WCF before losing to (arguably) the greatest team ever in the 85-86 Celtics.

Then drugs and Sampson's back injury slammed their window shut and Hakeem was playing with stiffs until the mid-90s. Believe it was the Dream himself who said the 85-86 team would have killed their championship teams.

This team has piqued my curiosity.
I hope you would then read the Grantland oral history that was just released. It is pretty great.

Also, Gasol Dream Shake:

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Obviously, but it was a point Brody made and seemed to be getting busted on for.
Not really, I just don't like Bledsoe. He's looked really good as a backup guard, but he doesn't even average 6 assists per 36. That's pretty sad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I hope you would then read the Grantland oral history that was just released. It is pretty great.

Also, Gasol Dream Shake:
That was disrespectful.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bledsoe has improved drastically but he still isnt ready to start on a contender. He's going to look a lot better coming off the bench. I like his defense, obviously, but I don't think I trust him setting an offense up. Not yet atleast. Being on the same team as Mo Williams, Chauncey Billups, and obviously Chris Paul this early in his career has been immensely beneficial seeing that he's only 22 in his 3rd in the NBA. A lot of maturing to do, still, but he still has to learn the position. Remember, he played next to John Wall as more of a 2. This is the perfect situation for him playing with capable points on the roster, and he can find openings for catch and shoots. We're looking at hos basement right now, he's reached that but his ceiling is still a long way away. I honestly don't know if he can ever be a starting PG, he hasn't played that role since HS.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Varejao is a better rebounder and passer than Thomas ever was. He's an incredibly useful player and any team can easily contend with him as a starting big man.
I noticed something about your taste in basketball. You love high IQ players, selfless players who give great effort and play team ball. You like those players to a point where you overrate their contributions to the team.

Being a Pistons fan I can see how you developed that preference. The Pistons have built championship teams on that philosophy. It's why you love Denver so much, and guys like Varejo, Fared, Gortat etc. While disliking the high usage players.

That's where we differ. I have no problem with those players, as long as they are strictly complimentary/bench guys. I wouldn't build a team around that. I value scorers much more. I value team defense, but feel that can be taught by a good coach. Scorers are a premium, and I put a high emphasis on them.

Varejo is nothing more than a good complimentary player. That's it. He is very replaceable.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I noticed something about your taste in basketball. You love high IQ players, selfless players who give great effort and play team ball. You like those players to a point where you overrate their contributions to the team.

Being a Pistons fan I can see how you developed that preference. The Pistons have built championship teams on that philosophy. It's why you love Denver so much, and guys like Varejo, Fared, Gortat etc. While disliking the high usage players.

That's where we differ. I have no problem with those players, as long as they are strictly complimentary/bench guys. I wouldn't build a team around that. I value scorers much more. I value team defense, but feel that can be taught by a good coach. Scorers are a premium, and I put a high emphasis on them.

Varejo is nothing more than a good complimentary player. That's it. He is very replaceable.
I don't think anyone said they would build a team around Varejao. Correct if I'm mistaken but didn't you call him a scrub? And now all of sudden he's a 'good complimentary player'? Which one is it? Or did you just backtrack because everyone was calling you out on that **** and now you're just trying to save face.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vareflop sucks and I ain't backtrackin'. He's waaaaay overpaid too.

If he's starting for you, you have problems. Not even Lebron could win with him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I don't think anyone said they would build a team around Varejao. Correct if I'm mistaken but didn't you call him a scrub? And now all of sudden he's a 'good complimentary player'? Which one is it? Or did you just backtrack because everyone was calling you out on that **** and now you're just trying to save face.
A good complimentary player IS a scrub.

Complimentary players get WAAAAAY overrated on here. They are so easily replaceable. Which I also stated about Varejo.

You can replace Varejo with about 20 other guys in the league that easily have the same skill set as him. That doesn't mean his contributions mean nothing. He's a good complimentary player. But because his contributions can so easily be replaced, he's also a scrub.

Depth is overrated. Complimentary players are overrated. Especially on this forum.

Hearing garbage on here about how Varejo is anything more than a solid contributor at best is laughable.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A good complimentary player IS a scrub.

Complimentary players get WAAAAAY overrated on here. They are so easily replaceable. Which I also stated about Varejo.

You can replace Varejo with about 20 other guys in the league that easily have the same skill set as him. That doesn't mean his contributions mean nothing. He's a good complimentary player. But because his contributions can so easily be replaced, he's also a scrub.

Depth is overrated. Complimentary players are overrated. Especially on this forum.

Hearing garbage on here about how Varejo is anything more than a solid contributor at best is laughable.
how do you expect to build a team, you dont make sense

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
how do you expect to build a team, you dont make sense
Star players determine how good your team is. Look at the Heat. Their depth (prior to this year) sucked. But they had Lebron and Wade.

Their center was Joel ******* Anthony. Those bandwagon Heat fans made Udonis Haslem sound like a decent player (he sucks). Mike ******* Miller was an important piece to their team.

And they went to 2 NBA Finals, and won 1. Should have won both if LeBron didn't act like a ***** his first year with Miami.

Stars win. Not your depth. The difference between a deep bench and a poor one is negligible if you have the superior star talent in the starting lineup.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You can win in a bunch of different ways. You generally need at least one superstar to be a title contender, but how you build the team around him is up for debate. The Bulls of the past couple years are a great example of role players being critically important/not replaceable.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Star players determine how good your team is. Look at the Heat. Their depth (prior to this year) sucked. But they had Lebron and Wade.

Their center was Joel ******* Anthony. Those bandwagon Heat fans made Udonis Haslem sound like a decent player (he sucks). Mike ******* Miller was an important piece to their team.

And they went to 2 NBA Finals, and won 1. Should have won both if LeBron didn't act like a ***** his first year with Miami.

Stars win. Not your depth. The difference between a deep bench and a poor one is negligible if you have the superior star talent in the starting lineup.
How do you think the mavericks won the year before? With depth.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Yes that was Lebron's fault, not because the Mavericks had the superior bench in that series.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

How many championships did the Bulls win?

The true championship contenders in this league have 2 star players, and a bunch of good complimentary players around them, with good team defense.

That's the blueprint to win championships. Good team defense, 2 star players who can score and create their own shot, and role players around them.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

You guys seriously want to play that game? Do we want to go over the past 10 championship teams in this league and see who won more often than not?

The Spurs and Lakers. Both followed the blueprint I stated. Who won in the 90s? The Bulls. Had the same blueprint I stated.

Every now and then, your purist teams fart in the wind and get lucky, but most of the time, that's the blueprint to success.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
How many championships did the Bulls win?

The true championship contenders in this league have 2 star players, and a bunch of good complimentary players around them, with good team defense.

That's the blueprint to win championships. Good team defense, 2 star players who can score and create their own shot, and role players around them.
If you don't think the Bulls were a title contender before the Rose injury then you're ignorant. I'd argue the Spurs of the past 2 years haven't had a superstar either (TP is massively underrated, but not quite a superstar imo although that's debatable). You're just stuck defending a crappy ideology.

Look, yeah, you generally need 1 superstar to contend. Beyond that though, it's a personal choice. You can sacrifice depth for a couple stars/very good players or spread the cash around to assemble a team that is deep/works well together. Both work, you just need to get past your bias.

The Mavs just proved you wrong. You can say LBJ bitched out all you want, but it just proves my point further. If they had more depth instead of Bosh, the role players could've picked up some of the additional slack there and maybe the 4th quarters wouldn't have even mattered because Miami had such a big lead.

I know what you're saying, but it makes no sense and you are taking way too hard a stance.