Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not going to get sucked into BBD's bs. Not again BBD not again.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Still happy we're 5-3 so far this year. It just seems like we're cursed with these injuries.
Says a lot about the number of injuries we have right now when I don't even really mind that we lost to Charlotte. We need to at least get Pek/Barea/Roy back soon so things don't start slipping away. And wrap AK47 in bubble wrap or something.

And btw guys, Kemba looks damn good. Saw him for the first time this year last night. That crossover on Shved for the GW jumper was mean.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You guys seriously want to play that game? Do we want to go over the past 10 championship teams in this league and see who won more often than not?

The Spurs and Lakers. Both followed the blueprint I stated. Who won in the 90s? The Bulls. Had the same blueprint I stated.

Every now and then, your purist teams fart in the wind and get lucky, but most of the time, that's the blueprint to success.
I'm sorry, did we say defense and star players don't win you championships? If we did please quote that exact line where we said that. Did I say I would take a team full of Robert Horrys', Bruce Bowens' and Steve Kerrs' over Jordan, Duncan and Shaq? If I did, I apologize sincerely for my incompetence.

What subject are you on exactly? I thought we we're talking about the importance of role players. Were you even a basketball fan before Melo and Amare went to NY?
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
If you don't think the Bulls were a title contender before the Rose injury then you're ignorant. I'd argue the Spurs of the past 2 years haven't had a superstar either (TP is massively underrated, but not quite a superstar imo although that's debatable). You're just stuck defending a crappy ideology.

Look, yeah, you generally need 1 superstar to contend. Beyond that though, it's a personal choice. You can sacrifice depth for a couple stars/very good players or spread the cash around to assemble a team that is deep/works well together. Both work, you just need to get past your bias.

The Mavs just proved you wrong. You can say LBJ bitched out all you want, but it just proves my point further. If they had more depth instead of Bosh, the role players could've picked up some of the additional slack there and maybe the 4th quarters wouldn't have even mattered because Miami had such a big lead.

I know what you're saying, but it makes no sense and you are taking way too hard a stance.
The current Bulls team was built like the 90s Knicks. I suffered way too many ass rapings at the hands of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen to ever sucker myself into believing that the 1 star blueprint can work. It can make you competitive, but you ultimately won't win a championship with that formula.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Kemba looked good last year also, at times. The problem with him is consistency, he's a pretty good scorer when he's on.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm sorry, did we say defense and star players don't win you championships? If we did please quote that exact line where we said that. Did I say I would take a team full of Robert Horrys', Bruce Bowens' and Steve Kerrs' over Jordan, Duncan and Shaq? If I did, I apologize sincerely for my incompetence.

What subject are you on exactly? I thought we we're talking about the importance of role players. Were you even a basketball fan before Melo and Amare went to NY?
My point still stands. Role players are overrated. If I have the chance to trade a whole bench worth of role players for 1 star player, I'll do it 9 out of 10 times.

You always see these NBA trades that wind up being 10 cents on the dollar for a star player. Why? Bc GMs get suckered into this idiotic belief that their scrub bench players are too valuable to let go.

Look at the Melo trade again. This board thinks we got "raped"

Really?

What did we lose? And what did we gain? We stole Melo. We lost Gallo, Chandler, Felton (who we got back 1 year later) and a ****** Russian Center.

Whoopidy damn doo. We got Melo on 10 cents on the dollar.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think Kemba looked good last year also, at times. The problem with him is consistency, he's a pretty good scorer when he's on.
It's hard to be consistent with that team they had last year, Dunlap is doing a great job with them so far, a little more stability there will help him a lot I think. They're still going to suck obviously in the long run but at least they'll suck a little more competitively while still getting another high lottery pick.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how the Spurs suddenly don't count as a one superstar team. I love me some Manu, and TP's a stud to, but Duncan's the only part of that Dynasty you could ever argue was a superstar.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Tony Parker was a stud. The first championship they had Robinson and Duncan.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't you dare talk **** about Haslem you ******. Before he ****** his foot up he was a damn good 8/10 guy. He was the starting PF of a championship team in case you forgot.

Also if Haslem and Miller were healthy the first year the Heat probably would have won a title. And last year Battier and Miller's 3s killed in the playoffs.

BBD is seriously arguing with no one at this point, he talks about how you don't need role players and then says championship teams need 2 stars and then role players. The trolling is sad at this point.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tony Parker was a stud. The first championship they had Robinson and Duncan.
Tony Parker was not on the first Spurs team that won.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

And Robinson was past his prime.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speedy Claxton was the star of that series.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For as much as you guys hate his trolling, you sure do cave on it a lot.
And screw you BBD for overshadowing my point on Bledsoe back there. ;)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Tony Parker was not on the first Spurs team that won.
I didn't say he was. I said the first championship was Robinson and Duncan. After that it was Parker and Duncan.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

IT'S ALL GOOD GUYS, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP I'M GONNA COME IN HERE AND TAKE A HUGE DUMP ON THIS THREAD.

#YearOfTheKnick
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I tried not to troll here the past 3 days. But when I hear dumb **** like Anderson Varejo is a stud, I just can't help myself.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I didn't say he was. I said the first championship was Robinson and Duncan. After that it was Parker and Duncan.
Yes it was Duncan and as Yo pointed out a David Robinson past his prime. The rest of the roster was made up of ..... Wait for it.... Wait for it...... WAIT FOR IT...

ROLE PLAYERS
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is right. You need stars to win in the NBA. Bench players are overrated. They're good for some memorable x factor moments, but entirely replaceable.

The NBA is changing and what you needed to win with in the past is not the same anymore. It used to be you needed 2 superstars or 1 superstar and 2 stars. Now you need 3 superstars.

The Lakers bench is crap. We can all agree. Well by the time this season is over and they are one of the top teams in contention, then maybe people will finally shut up about the importance of depth. It's a "nice to have" not a "need to have".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

lol@ chris bosh being a superstar. the same dude that had to make videos on the internet to try and win votes to get into the all-star game.
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Lamar Odom wearing his shirt in the hot tub isn't the biggest dead give away that he's still out of shape then what is? I can't wait for Billups and Grant Hill to take Odom's and Willie Green's minutes.

D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IT'S ALL GOOD GUYS, WHEN THE KNICKS WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP I'M GONNA COME IN HERE AND TAKE A HUGE DUMP ON THIS THREAD.

#YearOfTheKnick
I don't have any issues with the Knicks. I just think they should've kept Lin. It was good for him and good for the Knicks.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
lol@ chris bosh being a superstar. the same dude that had to make videos on the internet to try and win votes to get into the all-star game.
He's a pretty solid big guy, but who honestly watches Raptors basketball.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
BBD is right. You need stars to win in the NBA. Bench players are overrated. They're good for some memorable x factor moments, but entirely replaceable.

The NBA is changing and what you needed to win with in the past is not the same anymore. It used to be you needed 2 superstars or 1 superstar and 2 stars. Now you need 3 superstars.

The Lakers bench is crap. We can all agree. Well by the time this season is over and they are one of the top teams in contention, then maybe people will finally shut up about the importance of depth. It's a "nice to have" not a "need to have".
Thank you.

When the Lakers and their ****** depth play the Heat and their ****** depth in the Finals, I'd love to hear from all the basketball purists on here how that happened.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He's a superstar talent with a superlame reputation since he joined the Heat.