Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
trappeshot
Rookie

trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.

I'm an arkansas fan so I say this with a grain of salt, but at the same time, I didn't give this much praise to Mallett.. but I really, really love Tyler Wilson.

and it's not even his arm or his accuracy. he just has it. he's a natural born leader. there is no situation where he's going to be a failure on the next level. he works too hard, he's too determined, he takes full responsibility for everything around him.. he holds himself to a higher standard. he's the guy that i want to be the face of my franchise for 10-12 years.

I would sit him a year.. he's been beat up bad this last 2 years, but he will be a very good one.
trappeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappeshot View Post
I'm an arkansas fan so I say this with a grain of salt, but at the same time, I didn't give this much praise to Mallett.. but I really, really love Tyler Wilson.

and it's not even his arm or his accuracy. he just has it. he's a natural born leader. there is no situation where he's going to be a failure on the next level. he works too hard, he's too determined, he takes full responsibility for everything around him.. he holds himself to a higher standard. he's the guy that i want to be the face of my franchise for 10-12 years.

I would sit him a year.. he's been beat up bad this last 2 years, but he will be a very good one.
Yeah I think Wilson is far and away the best QB in this draft. He's just such a gifted passer. I'll expound it on more later.

Also, I'm starting to get a feeling that the Chiefs will take Glennon. We'll see.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yeah I think Wilson is far and away the best QB in this draft. He's just such a gifted passer. I'll expound it on more later.

Also, I'm starting to get a feeling that the Chiefs will take Glennon. We'll see.
Sad face. I have to hope that Tyler the Creator has a great offseason/senior bowl/pro day/combine. Ugh. Just say no to Glennon.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ugh. Just say no to Glennon.
What does that even mean?!? Who is supposed to say NO?
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What does that even mean?!? Who is supposed to say NO?
Everyone! EVERYONE!

Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does Tajh Boyd have to do to get invited to this party??
IMO he's the best QB in the ACC.

Is he a RS junior??
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What does Tajh Boyd have to do to get invited to this party??
Not be a typical Clemson system QB.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Not be a typical Clemson system QB.
Yeah but Tajh a has a boom arm, is mobile and he's 225#.

When is the last time a Clemson QB has come close to the level of production of Boyd?? I think never.

That program isn't known for churning out huge statistical numbers for their QBs. Matter of fact, there's really no such thing a Clemson system QB.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Boyd isn't very good. If you're attracted to him, just hire Chad Morris as your OC instead
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Geno looked pretty good against a good D in Oklahoma.

Old 11-17-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Landry Jones is looking more like a top 15 pick.
THis class may not have a consensus #1, but IMO it's beginning to look like it has depth.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but Tajh a has a boom arm, is mobile and he's 225#.

When is the last time a Clemson QB has come close to the level of production of Boyd?? I think never.

That program isn't known for churning out huge statistical numbers for their QBs. Matter of fact, there's really no such thing a Clemson system QB.
Eh, a lot of it has to do with the system, as Morris' offense is much different from the previous run heavy offenses they had been using.

That being said, Clemson has had guys like Kyle Parker and Charlie Whitehurst who looked good(at least initially) and then went on to amount to nothing.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Geno looked pretty good against a good D in Oklahoma.
Except when he has that look on his face like someone just ran over his dog when he misses a pass on 3rd down.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Landry Jones is looking more like a top 15 pick.
THis class may not have a consensus #1, but IMO it's beginning to look like it has depth.
I would take him late first. He should be a Texan
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Except when he has that look on his face like someone just ran over his dog when he misses a pass on 3rd down.
Is this a joke post or are you one of those people who comments on Jay Cutler's facial expressions in the PFT comment section?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Is this a joke post or are you one of those people who comments on Jay Cutler's facial expressions in the PFT comment section?
Is that a trick question? Because Cutler doesn't have facial expressions...
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Is that a trick question? Because Cutler doesn't have facial expressions...
Sorry, I'm just a little cranky and this recent trend of ridiculous over-analysis of QB body language is kind of a pet peeve of mine.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally some Landry Jones recognition.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, I'm just a little cranky and this recent trend of ridiculous over-analysis of QB body language is kind of a pet peeve of mine.
Eli Manning shrugs his shoulders a lot and looks like he has downs and doesn't yell at guys a lot. Too emotionless. He's also not Peyton. 2/10. Would not draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
trappeshot
Rookie

trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.trappeshot is a cocksman.

i dont' see how anyone doesn't look at today's lsu game and say that's the QB i want running my franchise. kid has it. no doubt about it best QB in the class IMHO. not top pick in the draft, but should be without question the first QB off the board
trappeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tyler Wilson. I think he can be a good NFL quarterback. Reminds me of Tannehill in some ways.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
REDiculous
Rookie

REDiculous hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like Wilson as the top QB in this class, but then again, I like Bray and Murray as well.
REDiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Tyler Wilson just signed with CAA. Expect him to start getting the hype he deserves.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tom Condon, you sly son of a *****.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't evaluated all the quarterbacks this year, but I like Wilson.