Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-18-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I'm sorry guys. Got some real serious **** going on at home right now. I won't be doing any gameday threads indefinitely. Hopefully later in the year if things get straightened out. If anyone wants to do one, then go for it. I'm sorry.
No problem. Maybe I'll make one later tonight. Of course it will just be a basic one. Probably.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New gameday thread will be up in a little while. It might be a little abbreviated.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the new Gameday Thread.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh said he would consider using both QBs during games....even game to game. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME!!!! That crap doesn't even work in college. This is like some kind of sick joke.....a early April's Fool or something. He can't be this ******* moronic. You don't ******* shuffle QBs in and out like RBs. Pick a guy and live with the consequences.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-22-2012 at 01:52 AM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaep gets the start vs. the Saints, I'm happy with it. Many of you will disagree, but I don't think much damage will be done, even if Kaep fails. I think the coaches were just as curious as many of us.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

It's hilarious watching all the idiots exposing what hypocritical jokes they are now that this news has been circulating. First the anti-Alex folks were "not real fans" because we want Alex gone/benched/can't stand him/diss him at every opportunity...we're "more concerned with being right than with the team winning."

But now...the Alex fans are clamoring for the bridge. "Screw this organization, I'm done!" "This is the first time I have to question a Harbaugh move!!!111" "Alex is the most unlucky guy in history!" "Alex is getting screwed."

I will never understand how Alex managed to generate such a cult following. It's like 49ers fans think the organization's history is all about being boring, and Alex is a throwback to the days when Joe Montana wasn't an arrogant dickhead at all, half the team wasn't snorting coke and calling hookers as they celebrated at parties, and the team wasn't exciting to watch on the field with explosive wide receivers and an aggressive defense.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam why is he jumping the gun? bad move for starting ck. he ain't ready yet.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dam why is he jumping the gun? bad move for starting ck. he ain't ready yet.
Harbaugh has thus far proven to be far beyond what anybody thought, ESPECIALLY when it comes to QBs. Dude is clearly a QB mastermind. Kap has limitless potential and almost anyone can see it...let's put our faith in JH for now, dude is a savage and has obliterated any doubt I had of his ability.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't want it to fail and we just miss the play offs though. I mean if it pans out great.If not then it will hurt this season. The tie is some how gonna bit us in the ass I just feel it.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I just don't want it to fail and we just miss the play offs though. I mean if it pans out great.If not then it will hurt this season. The tie is some how gonna bit us in the ass I just feel it.
Meh, it is what it is. If Harbaugh is putting his ass on the line pretty much. If the 49ers don't win their division at this point and Kaepernick is the triggerman the rest of the season because of that, it will be the coach's head.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 07:46 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ the people tweeting Trent Dilfer about his report that Alex Smith hasn't been told Kaepernick is the starter. There are these two guys that he is going back and forth with that have some of the most rustled jimmies I have ever seen

Quote:
@TDESPN well, unfortunately for Alex, he isn't going to be able to get a 3rd coach fired. He tired his best though tonight.
Quote:
@TDESPN you think it is a conflict of interest to report on the A Smith QB controversy since you guys are good buds? #ESPN #Biasedreporting
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
It's hilarious watching all the idiots exposing what hypocritical jokes they are now that this news has been circulating. First the anti-Alex folks were "not real fans" because we want Alex gone/benched/can't stand him/diss him at every opportunity...we're "more concerned with being right than with the team winning."

But now...the Alex fans are clamoring for the bridge. "Screw this organization, I'm done!" "This is the first time I have to question a Harbaugh move!!!111" "Alex is the most unlucky guy in history!" "Alex is getting screwed."

I will never understand how Alex managed to generate such a cult following. It's like 49ers fans think the organization's history is all about being boring, and Alex is a throwback to the days when Joe Montana wasn't an arrogant dickhead at all, half the team wasn't snorting coke and calling hookers as they celebrated at parties, and the team wasn't exciting to watch on the field with explosive wide receivers and an aggressive defense.
Jordan, are you still reading .com? I've seen "some" hypocritical backlash on the sites I use but nothing like what you're observing. If it's .com stuff STOP GOING THERE MAN. You're better than that.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all right, you guys, time to get behind The Kaep and see where this thing goes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Kaep throws to VD.

I don't see how this can go wrong.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Jordan, are you still reading .com? I've seen "some" hypocritical backlash on the sites I use but nothing like what you're observing. If it's .com stuff STOP GOING THERE MAN. You're better than that.
Webzone, actually. Here's a recent gem:

Quote:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Coming out of the huddle on Monday night, Kaepernick was clearly shouting "F*ck yeah!"
I don't know about you, but that's not the kind of QB I grew up rooting for like Montana and Young.
To me, Alex is the heart and soul of the Niners as they are today. One of the classiest Niners ever.
If we turn to Kaepernick and turn the page on Alex, this will feel like a new team. I don't like to see
that after one concussion and one good game by the backup QB that Harbaugh is willing to ditch Alex.
It sends a bad message to the rest of the team. Seems like Alex is getting a raw deal and it doesn't really
make sense this late in the season. If we go one and done in the playoffs with Kaepernick this season will
be completely bullsh*t.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

It's amazing that a lot of fans still don't get it, you gotta trust Harbaugh. How has the guy not earned everyone's trust by now? Niner fans just constantly amaze me.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Webzone, actually. Here's a recent gem:
Today I give thanks that there is very little of that crap on here or the other place you know me from. Garbage.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
It's amazing that a lot of fans still don't get it, you gotta trust Harbaugh. How has the guy not earned everyone's trust by now? Niner fans just constantly amaze me.
My thoughts as well. If Alex is not cleared to play then of course Kaep starts. If the reports are true that he is going with Kaep even with a healthy Alex, then it is a ballsy move by Harbaugh at this stage in the season but he is around these two guys more than anyone and I trust his judgement. I'm 100% behind his decision here. This is not a decision to be taken lightly by any means. He must be sure of it and I'm sure he is.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Trust the people around these players every day? WHATEVER MAN!

That is what I imagine.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Yes, he does deserve the benefit of the doubt for now, and I'm not just looking for him to fail. I'd love for him to be right about Kaepernick if he just wants to go with him as the full time starter. However, I still don't agree with the decision personally. Just seems too much of a gamble at this point.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Yes, he does deserve the benefit of the doubt for now, and I'm not just looking for him to fail. I'd love for him to be right about Kaepernick if he just wants to go with him as the full time starter. However, I still don't agree with the decision personally. Just seems too much of a gamble at this point.
Well, most of us have been waiting (for years) for Alex to be replaced, so we're getting what we asked for.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, most of us have been waiting (for years) for Alex to be replaced, so we're getting what we asked for.
This is true. But this isn't the first time Alex has been "replaced" in favor of someone supposedly better. O'Sullivan, Hill, Troy Smith, etc. All passed the eyeball test initially. The difference is that Harbaugh and Roman are supposed to know what they are doing a lot better than the other people that handled the same situations in years past. To me it's still a coin flip. This could blow up in their faces or it could be a huge upgrade. We'll see.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This is true. But this isn't the first time Alex has been "replaced" in favor of someone supposedly better. O'Sullivan, Hill, Troy Smith, etc. All passed the eyeball test initially. The difference is that Harbaugh and Roman are supposed to know what they are doing a lot better than the other people that handled the same situations in years past. To me it's still a coin flip. This could blow up in their faces or it could be a huge upgrade. We'll see.
I understand, but Harbaugh & Co. have earned quite a bit of trust, and Baalke was GM for the selection of Kaepernick. Their track record has been good thus far, so I have faith.

Old 11-23-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...art-kaepernick

Quote:
I'm told by one source the 49ers' locker room was the most energized it's been all season after they crushed the Bears and that almost every player on the team wanted Kaepernick to start.
If true...than one of the biggest obstacles to making a QB switch (locker room support) is gone.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 11-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dang it why do we have to have a QB controversial now? We are on the play off run and don't need this crap .