Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-13-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
as far as i'm aware, it's on the slower version of HSPA currently, that's barely better than 3g, though i have absolutely not looked at it regionally, so what you say might be entirely true. do you know anyone with it who's done a speedtest (for my own curiosity)? to be more fair, i'm on verizon, so t-mobile's application of it is totally off my radar to begin with.

and no interest in LTE? i kind of like downloading my entire spotify library in 12 seconds...
LTE and Verizon in general is **** in my area. My work phone is through Verizon and coverage isn't very good.

From what I've read, I think you are mistaken. It's the 42 mbps HSPA+. Definitely faster than 3G and in many cases faster than LTE (depending on location, obviously).

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
gotcha. i had the same problem with cingular/at&t forever before switching.

i am actually interested in the speedtest, if you get a chance, once you have the phone.
I will post results assuming Google doesn't **** up sending it to my house.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-13-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would really buy a phone without 4g even if my area doesn't have the best coverage yet. My mom upgraded and I made her get one even though her home is mostly 3g. I just have her turn it to only 3g, but they are improving the 4g coverage in the area in the next year.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

****ing Google. The largest collection of genius engineers running the biggest internet company on the planet and these assholes can't figure out how to sell **** on the web. I got a backorder email today, despite buying a phone successfully (or so I thought) just 3 hrs after it went on sale. ASSHOLES.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-nexus-4-...es-7000007482/

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-19-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody have a samsung galaxy note 2 or know anyone who does, looking to upgrade
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get an iPhone. Bitches love iPhones.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt see that coming btw i have one right now hah
Old 11-19-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2of my buddies have one. Thing is massive but it's such a beast, I like big screens so I didn't mind it when I held it but its such an animal when it comes to running apps and anything else you might do.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i just can't see buying a 3g-only phone, though being world-usable is a great feature for me.
Just to point this out, but technically there are no such things as 4G phones. (4G is a standard that requires 1Gbps downloads and consistent 100Mb/s downloads.) LTE is definitely amazing though.

---------

Unrelated, but I heard a great line. "If condoms can get 40% thinner, why can't phone cases?" (Was talking about ugly carrier branding and using a case to hide it)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually 4G LTE-A(advance) is consistent 100mb/s downloads.

4G LTE we have really is 3.9G.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Just to point this out, but technically there are no such things as 4G phones. (4G is a standard that requires 1Gbps downloads and consistent 100Mb/s downloads.) LTE is definitely amazing though.

---------

Unrelated, but I heard a great line. "If condoms can get 40% thinner, why can't phone cases?" (Was talking about ugly carrier branding and using a case to hide it)

Quote:
Mobile WiMAX Release 2 (also known as WirelessMAN-Advanced or IEEE 802.16m') and LTE Advanced (LTE-A) are IMT-Advanced compliant backwards compatible versions of the above two systems, standardized during the spring 2011,[citation needed] and promising speeds in the order of 1 Gbit/s. Services are expected in 2013
can't wait!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am still phoneless. **** the Google Play store.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I am still phoneless. **** the Google Play store.
Got mine on Tuesday. It is beautiful and amazing. HSPA+ seems almost every bit as fast as my buddies 4G speed.

I'm using face lock, even though it is completely useless.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that the LG Optimus G's bootloader has been unlocked, I'll probably upgrade to that since I'm on Sprint and can't get the Nexus 4

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

< will be switching to sprint after my contract ends in April from VZW.

Dam you for taking away upgrade and not letting me keep my unlimited data plan .
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
< will be switching to sprint after my contract ends in April from VZW.

Dam you for taking away upgrade and not letting me keep my unlimited data plan .
seconded. I would totally switch to sprint, but their coverage in South Dakota is simply awful.

I would consider T Mobile as well, but they aren't in South Dakota.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

..I finally gave in. I feel like an awful human being.

I will make up for my sins by getting a Nexus 7.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

like you don't hang out in there, you can't stay way from me/iphones.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#iphonein2012 #njx9lovesme #hasgtags

USER WAS SLAPPED FOR THIS POST

Last edited by njx9 : 11-21-2012 at 07:49 PM.
slightlyaraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
whatever, i banned you from this thread. go hang out with sarf in the other one.
I will go cry in a corner now.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
that's because you're a woman, sarf was right.
LEAVE ME ALONE! But to be fair, the iPhone 5 is by far the fastest phone on the market. That's the main reason I got it.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Well I cannot speak to that effect, but it does run a million times faster than my old phone haha.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep saying things like the iPhone 5 is "by far" the fastest phone, but I don't notice a significant difference between my Galaxy S III and my wife's iPhone 5.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

People said the iPhone 4 was faster "by far" than the iPhone 4 when told it was an iPhone 5.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 11-22-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Got mine on Tuesday. It is beautiful and amazing. HSPA+ seems almost every bit as fast as my buddies 4G speed.

I'm using face lock, even though it is completely useless.
Congrats and I hate you.

i done stole dis sig