Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rise and Fall of Nations Sign-Up/Discussion Thread

Well, I thought with the recent success of some of the mafia games it might be interesting to try another forum game.

Anyways, essentially what this game becomes is a more in-depth version of RISK. Although unlike RISK, the goal isn’t necessarily to just conquer your opponent. You can establish alliances, build a militaristic empire, or decide to build economic utopia, etc. You can declare war if you like, or walk the route of peace. I suppose if I had to sum it up, it’s like an awesome version of RISK combined with something like model U.N.

I won’t go too crazy into some of the rules or explaining the game, as I’m not sure how interested people will be. Essentially the game is pretty relaxed though. Depending how active people are, or aren’t, the game can slow down or speed up as needed. People post in an “actions” thread, as well as use PM’s to send other types of actions (actions aren’t from a set list, it’s basically whatever you like to do).

I've done this on other forums with a lot of success. People usually have a blast. You don’t necessarily need to be politically minded or have a ton of knowledge of certain countries as there are a lot of information resources to rely on to help you out. I try not to make the game too complex. This is usually a pretty good game, as I mentioned before, as it doesn't need to go a hundred miles an hour in order to get things done. Also, because of that, I don’t think it would interfere if the mafia games pick back up, or if people get busy with everyday life.

Basically, each week you write up a post (it can be long if you want, or succinct and straight to the point) detailing your various actions of your country. Declare war, make spending cut backs, or open diplomatic relations with any number of countries.

Well, that’s probably enough of me blabbering on, so if anyone wants to sign up just say so here. This thread is just to gauge interest, and if enough people do sign up, I’ll get into some of the rules (there aren’t too many!) and we could pick countries later, which will probably be done draft style so it’s fair.

I'd say if we can get at least 8-10 people to sign up we can go forward and I'll explain exactly how everything works.

Signed Up

Vidae
Rob S
Fenikz
Giantsfan 1080
*** Ork Wang
Grizzlegom
Cigaro
Dr. Gonzo
Caddy
RufusMcDaniel
CJ Schneier
bantx
AntoinCD
ImBrotherCain
Buckeye
Shane P. Hallam
SuperMcGee
Bulldogs
Scottyboy

Last edited by Forenci : 11-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote