Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should he be in? No, but we would be singing a different tune if a blocked XP cost is the game if a guy went around a depth guy. I don't always like it but we all know BB plays big contributors on ST's and things like this are bound to happen. It sucks and it pisses me off tht he got hurt but we know how Belichick operates with this stuff.

I would think that Belichick would realize its not worth having him out there. He has become too valuable to risk something like this.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I think I agree with the consensus that he shouldnt be in for extra points. We have like 8 TEs on the roster who could all be in there over him.
Yeah I think this is the big thing. It's not the situation that is the issue it is the fact that he is there in the first place. I would rather have Hooman or Fells or Shiancoe at the wing instead of Gronk because they are replaceable parts.

I think the issue becomes when you start getting guys who aren't good blockers playing in those positions when it comes to an important kick. Take the other special teams protection as an example. Chung is hurt so Ebner becomes the personal protector and he gives up a blocked punt. You don't get enough time to practice these things to constantly chop and change depending on situation.

All in all I would completely remove Gronk from the kicking team simply because after Brady the Patriots really can't afford to lose anyone more than Gronk

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Yeah I think this is the big thing. It's not the situation that is the issue it is the fact that he is there in the first place. I would rather have Hooman or Fells or Shiancoe at the wing instead of Gronk because they are replaceable parts.

I think the issue becomes when you start getting guys who aren't good blockers playing in those positions when it comes to an important kick. Take the other special teams protection as an example. Chung is hurt so Ebner becomes the personal protector and he gives up a blocked punt. You don't get enough time to practice these things to constantly chop and change depending on situation.

All in all I would completely remove Gronk from the kicking team simply because after Brady the Patriots really can't afford to lose anyone more than Gronk
This last part is what scares me the most. I was fine waiting around for Hernandez to be 100% but now we need him back for thursday. Otherwise our offense goes back to back shoulder Lloyd passes if teams just key in on Welker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This last part is what scares me the most. I was fine waiting around for Hernandez to be 100% but now we need him back for thursday. Otherwise our offense goes back to back shoulder Lloyd passes if teams just key in on Welker.
If Hernandez isn't good to go on Thursday what scares me most is the Jets game may be decided by the defense. If they can make Mark Sanchez look like Mark Sanchez then the Pats will win relatively easy IMO. However our defense has a nice little habit of making Sanchez look like a pro bowler. If Chandler Jones is a scratch too it may force BB to bring additional rushers which probably works to our advantage as well. Sanchez is ok with time but get him pressured and he crumbles

Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aqib and Dennard pick 6 were amazing.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Hernandez isn't good to go on Thursday what scares me most is the Jets game may be decided by the defense. If they can make Mark Sanchez look like Mark Sanchez then the Pats will win relatively easy IMO. However our defense has a nice little habit of making Sanchez look like a pro bowler. If Chandler Jones is a scratch too it may force BB to bring additional rushers which probably works to our advantage as well. Sanchez is ok with time but get him pressured and he crumbles
Gronk is the 2nd worst injury the Pats could experience. There entire running game is keyed around him, and he is far and away there best downfield, redzone, and overall most consistent receiving threat. His injury coupled with what seems like could be a prolonged Mankins injury does not bode well for our run game. Look back at all the Stephen Ridley and Brandon Bolden long runs this year. In virtually all of them Gronk has the key or most difficult blocking assignment. I don't think Fells or Shiancoe can do that. Hernandez may help in the receiving game, but even on his best day I'd take Gronk 10/10 times over him.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
Gronk is the 2nd worst injury the Pats could experience. There entire running game is keyed around him, and he is far and away there best downfield, redzone, and overall most consistent receiving threat. His injury coupled with what seems like could be a prolonged Mankins injury does not bode well for our run game. Look back at all the Stephen Ridley and Brandon Bolden long runs this year. In virtually all of them Gronk has the key or most difficult blocking assignment. I don't think Fells or Shiancoe can do that. Hernandez may help in the receiving game, but even on his best day I'd take Gronk 10/10 times over him.
Without trying to come off as homerish there are virtually no offensive non-QB players in the NFL I would take over Gronk, especially in this offense - possibly only Calvin Johnson and AJ Green, possibly.

The disappointing thing from Gronk's perspective is he is in rarified air at the moment. He is currently 3rd all time in most TDs in the first 3 years of his career, 3 behind Jerry Rice and 6 behind Randy Moss. It is not unrealistic to think he could have topped that list by season end had he stayed healthy. If he does come back by the Jacksonville game he could still realistically top Rice's mark of 40.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how many years it took the other TEs to get to Gronks level of performance in terms of TD catches.

Last year he set the 3 year mark. Is he passed the 4 year mark yet?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At first thought I would agree that only Calvin and Green would compare to play makers I would take over Gronk, but then I started thinking I am a homer. Maybe not, idk. I think its certainly because I'm a Pats fan, but Gronk is probably my favorite player in this organization since Brown.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

It is so ******* easy to love Gronk. He is a blue collar player who isn't a diva, blocks his ass off, runs over guys, runs by guys, catches TDs, does the little things like block XPs , is a goof, has fun etc, and the guy is a pure stud

Looking through some of the great TEs of all time it is pretty ridiculous what Gronk is doing. Tony Gonzalez has had 3 double digit TD seasons in his career. Antonio Gates has 3. Shannon Sharpe has 2. Kellen Winslow has 1, Mike Ditka has 1. I know the NFL has changed but Gronk isn't one of those oversized WRs taking advantages of mismatches, he is an old school TE. By far my favourite Patriot

Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone hear what happened to Chandler Jones? He was just sitting on the ground after one play (didn't really seem to be in pain, but didn't get up) and then he didn't come back in...
Old 11-19-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Anyone hear what happened to Chandler Jones? He was just sitting on the ground after one play (didn't really seem to be in pain, but didn't get up) and then he didn't come back in...
His ankle was heavily taped, but that is the only news that was given.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jones didnt participate in practice yesterday. Not good guiyz.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Gronk really blows. I agree with the sentiment here - he's impossible not to love.

I had to lol at the pregame talk when they mentioned Talib and Simms (I think, not 100% sure now that it's a few days past) said they would sit Dennard b/c he'd been the worst DB over the last few weeks.

Somebody screwed up . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Jones didnt participate in practice yesterday. Not good guiyz.
Very concerned.

Our secondary is going to be torched if we can't get any pass rush at all...

Fortunately, the Jets can't win the division if we beat Miami twice and Jacksonville. (and lose to both Houston and SF).
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I really am not concerned about the Jets. Hopefully we take care of business tomorrow and put this team away for the year but even if not I don't think we have much to worry about from them. If they lose this game they pretty much go into full melt down mode as they will be eliminated from the division/playoffs. Idk I trust BB to get this team ready on a short week far more than I do Ryan and the talking Jets.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is kind of random, but for some reason I loathe Joe McKnight. He's probably in my top 2 most hated players along with Jermichael Finley. The guy has never done anything in the NFL or College, but still 3 years into his NFL career people act like he's going to break out any day now. He's just awful in every aspect of being a football player. Plus, he walks around like he's a big ******* deal. I know it's weird to hate a 3rd string RB, but I do.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I love him, thanks to him we got woodhead and the Jets got a scrub running back.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Gronk, Mankins and Jones all ruled out for tomorrow. It's cool though it's not like they are three of the top 5 or 6 players on the team

Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gronk, Mankins and Jones all ruled out for tomorrow. It's cool though it's not like they are three of the top 5 or 6 players on the team
I predict bland defense and 1,000,000,000 back-shoulder throws to Lloyd.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jesus I'm going to have nightmares about all those back shoulder throws.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

If Hernandez doesn't play, will Greg Salas have a 200 yard game? I hope so.

edit: Without Gronk, beating those press-man coverages will be hard.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I'm expecting a heavy emphasis on the run game and a lot of pre snap shifting from the WRs/Hernandez to off set press man from the Jets.

This may just be me but I would like to see some 30 fronts with Hightower at OLB spelling with Cunningham and Nink.

Whatever happens I want to see the defense play well. We can't afford to give the Jets 25+ and let Sanchez throw for 300+ plus again

Old 11-22-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preview:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...ek-twelve.html

I'm thinking maybe 24-21 Patriots? Should be close.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Blackluck
Rookie

Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Blackluck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice write up. With all the injuries I think it will be close, too. Three points sounds about right ;)

Apropos of nothing, two weeks in a row I thought Houston would lose. How they won today's game is just freaky; they have karma on their side. I thought maybe we had a shot at the 2 seed, not looking like that now.
Blackluck is offline   Reply With Quote