Join Date: Oct 2011
Packers12 Mock Draft 1.0
Here's my first mock draft. Thoughts are welcome.
1. Kansas City- Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
- The Chiefs need a QB after the Cassell-Pioli era reaches it's end.
2. Jacksonville- Jarvis Jones, DE, Georgia
- Seems like the best defensive player in the draft. Plug him in, find a QB later.
3. Cleveland Browns-Demontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
- Next to Sheard, the Browns could use some help getting to the QB. Moore has shined this season for the Aggies
4. Carolina Panthers- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
- Panthers need help on the defensive side of the ball. Lotulelei is the first piece to fixing it.
5. Oakland Raiders- Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
-Help on either line is needed. Joeckel could step right in at RT.
6.Philadelphia Eagles- Matt Barkley, QB, USC
- Eagles get a new coach and new QB.
7. St Louis Rams- Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
- Jeff Fisher wants a tougher team with a strong running game. Lewan helps that on either side.
8. Buffalo Bills- DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
- Wildcard team. Could go Keenan Allen, but opt to go Milliner, taking their third first round DB in the past six years.
9. San Diego Chargers- Sam Montgomery, OLB, LSU
- The Chargers once again go to help the pass rushing.
10. Miami Dolphins- Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
- Replaces an overrated Dansby as the middle linebacker of a solid defense.
11. St Louis (From Washington)- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
- Go back to the well. First Lewan, now Warmack. The Rams offensive line now helps Stafford continue to progress.
12. New York Jets- Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
- The Jets lack a passrusher. Mingo could play at either DE/OLB, and could give them a day one starter.
13. Tennessee Titans- Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
- Titans seemed to have missed on Derrick Morgan. Take a chance on Werner to get sacks.
14. Arizona Cardinals- Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
- Cards passed on OL help for Floyd last season. No reason not to give the OL a boost.
15. Detroit Lions- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi St
- Could take a DE to replace Arvil, settles on helping that DB group with a big SEC corner.
16. Cincinnati Bengals- Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St
- Hankins could come in and eventually replace Peko. A steal at 16.
17. New Orleans Saints- Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
- Should rise with a good Sr. Bowl (if he goes/is invited). Questionable motor, but Saints could take the risk, and could potentially pay off.
18. Dallas Cowboys- Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
- A reach, but does allow Ratliff to play DE, while giving Dallas another young defensive player who could help right away. Not a good pass rusher, but should be a bull in run defense.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St
- The Bucs got rid of Talib this past week, so one could be needed. Rhodes has elite size, and could be brought in slowly.
20. Minnesota Vikings- Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
- Harvin, Peterson, Rudolph, and now Allen. Ponder has no excuses now.
21. Pittsburgh Steelers- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
- The Steelers have huge offensive line needs. Fisher could be the help needed on the outside.
22. Indianapolis Colts- Sheldon Richardson, DE, Missouri
- Colts could use some help on that defensive line.
23. Seattle Seahawks- Tyler Eiffert, TE, Notre Dame
- The Seahawks could use an athletic TE like Eiffert in the redzone and for that offense.
24. New York Giants- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
- Osi is a pending FA, Jordan has that size and speed to get to the QB as a backup.
25. Denver Broncos- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
- Broncos have Bannan and Vickerson at DT right now. Williams is older, and could help the line right away.
26. New England Pats- Dallas Thomas, OG/OT, Tennessee
- Versatile OL, who could help as a backup.
27. Chicago Bears- Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
- A 4-3 OLB who could potentially be an upgrade over Roach
28. Green Bay Packers- Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
- Another pass-rusher. From the NYG model, take multiple pass-rushers. Now, Perry/Lemonier/Matthews anchor the pass-rushing from the OLB spots
29. San Fran 49ers- Eric Ried, S, LSU
- Goldson/Whitner have been great, but Goldson may leave this offseason. Reid has the pedigree/ability to be a starter.
30. Baltimore Ravens- Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
- Big athlete with upside.
31. Houston Texans- Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon St
- CB who could be a rotation player in year one, could be the set nickelback moving forward
32. Atlanta Falcons- Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
- Ray Edwards cut, Ansah has the upside to be a 10-12 sack guy in the future.