Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ugh. belgians.
I literally read the criticism and knew it was you without seeing your username. Stop hating decent beer.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's just because i'm the only person on earth who doesn't like over-sweet beer.
That's for good reason.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that's just because i'm the only person on earth who doesn't like over-sweet beer.
Do you like sour beer or funky beer? I'm not a huge fan but went to this Funk n Sour tasting at a local brewery called Jester King.

Lots of weird tasting beers. Some very tangy. One tasted like Tang made with miller lite. But there were a whole lot of good to great beers, and this kind of stuff is not in my wheelhouse (I love hoppy beers).

Best beer of the day was a Danish beer, Mikkeller Funk E Star.

Now, that could have just been because my taste buds were all screwed up with sour. Dunno. Only good reviews on BA, not too many glowing ones. My crew really liked it though.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think it's overly sweet, but I just love seasonal beers

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing new tonight, but can never go wrong with the DFH 90. <3<3<3 IPAs
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally made my to Rogue this past week when my girlfriend came into town. And they do sell the Wet hop in store, although they were nearly out of their last shipment :( I'll be drinking it tomorrow, rest assured.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Finally made my to Rogue this past week when my girlfriend came into town. And they do sell the Wet hop in store, although they were nearly out of their last shipment :( I'll be drinking it tomorrow, rest assured.
You're going to be happy you made the trip.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I picked up a sixer of this (2012 edition). 11% ABV and incredibly hoppy.

Also, I grabbed a sixer of the SN Celebration Ale

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West coasters....I'm going to be in San Fran next week. What beers (that are rare on the East Coast) or breweries should I try and check out?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
West coasters....I'm going to be in San Fran next week. What beers (that are rare on the East Coast) or breweries should I try and check out?
Hey have you ever been to rattle n hum near Gingerman? If so any good?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Hey have you ever been to rattle n hum near Gingerman? If so any good?
I have. Pretty solid beer selection....a lot in bottles as opposed to tap though. Not bad at all, I prefer Ginger Man though.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have. Pretty solid beer selection....a lot in bottles as opposed to tap though. Not bad at all, I prefer Ginger Man though.
Ok I've been to ginger a few times but my bday is coming up so I think I'll do both this time. Probably hit up Brooklyn brew as well plus a few other places. Any suggestions?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Ok I've been to ginger a few times but my bday is coming up so I think I'll do both this time. Probably hit up Brooklyn brew as well plus a few other places. Any suggestions?
There are really so many options. It depends what you looking for. Age group? Big group or small? GF or single? Music/Dancing or quiet bar that focuses on the beer? Cover or no cover?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
There are really so many options. It depends what you looking for. Age group? Big group or small? GF or single? Music/Dancing or quiet bar that focuses on the beer? Cover or no cover?
It'll be afternoon so most people won't meet us until later. We want a good beer bar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It'll be afternoon so most people won't meet us until later. We want a good beer bar.
Gotcha. Ginger Man is probably my favorite and it's nice and low key in the afternoon so you will be able to get a table for all your friends.....only one TV though and it's tiny.

Blind Tiger Ale House and Burp Castle are downtown and will probably be more active, but overall a good time and excellent selections (Blind Tiger better than Burp Castle imo). Blind Tiger can get really crowded though, but the selection is excellent.

D.B.A is also good and there are 2 locations (1 in BK and 1 in Manhattan).

If you want to stick in BK after the brewery Lucky Dog (do not go if allergic to dogs haha) and The Diamond are good.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Gotcha. Ginger Man is probably my favorite and it's nice and low key in the afternoon so you will be able to get a table for all your friends.....only one TV though and it's tiny.

Blind Tiger Ale House and Burp Castle are downtown and will probably be more active, but overall a good time and excellent selections (Blind Tiger better than Burp Castle imo). Blind Tiger can get really crowded though, but the selection is excellent.

D.B.A is also good and there are 2 locations (1 in BK and 1 in Manhattan).

If you want to stick in BK after the brewery Lucky Dog (do not go if allergic to dogs haha) and The Diamond are good.
Awesome thanks. I've been to most of these places except for Burp and D.B.A. You're welcome to join us!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Awesome thanks. I've been to most of these places except for Burp and D.B.A. You're welcome to join us!
When is this?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
When is this?
December 8. You should make it to one of these bars that day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
December 8. You should make it to one of these bars that day.
I'll be in San Fran. Damn.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'll be in San Fran. Damn.
It will happen haha. Thanks for the tips.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No problem. I'll hopefully find some Titan IPAs out there and drink one in your honor.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

One of my good friends lives in SF. He's a guido. Kill him please.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-30-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
One of my good friends lives in SF. He's a guido. Kill him please.
There are guidos in SF? He must be from NJ originally.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure what they will have up in SF (and what you don't get in NYC), but I'd recommend AleSmith and Green Flash. Both San Diego breweries (I studied down there), but both put out some good stuff.

Also, stab some SF hipsters for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Not sure what they will have up in SF (and what you don't get in NYC), but I'd recommend AleSmith and Green Flash. Both San Diego breweries (I studied down there), but both put out some good stuff.

Also, stab some SF hipsters for me.
mmmm....I love Green Flash. Never had AleSmith though, so I'll keep an eye out. I also just found out I'm gonna go see Peyton destroy the Raiders live! Raiders tix are so cheap.