Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
My uncle is the worst Cowboys "fan" ever. I spent the game watching it with family, and I wanted to shank the hell out of his throat with a turkey bone. Dude just hates on everything with an intense passion and has no idea about football at all. When Romo drops back and gets sacked with three dudes in his face he says that Romo is terrible. He said that Dez sucks because he got the ball knocked loose at the end of the game in the end zone. He even said that it's the coaches fault that players get injured. If my mother didn't make sweet potato pie I'd be more pissed at this game than I am now.
Hahaha. This made me lol pretty hard. I know the feeling man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is everyone here ready to admit we need a new Head Coach, or are we still going to play the hand of "well, it's the players and they are the ones who came out not ready to play the last few weeks"? It's truly sad how we have started almost every single game this season. As far back as Seattle.

Then you watch NE later, and they immediately come out in the no huddle. On the first series, on through the rest of the game. JG is the smartest, dumbest person in the world.
My faith in garrett is about gone.

I don't know who I want as a the next HC. I don't think Mr. Payton is coming through that door. Nor do I want Holmgren being responsible for drafting Romo's replacement. I'm a big fan of what Garrett does talent and draft wise. I wish there was some way we could bottle that up and sell it to the next coach.

Infact, Hire JG as the GM....
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If there was a coaching change, who would be your dream candidate for the job?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually heard a report outta Payton's camp a few weeks ago saying he's aware of his situation, and that he wants to see what becomes available before committing back to NO so I change my stance there. Granted, Jerry has to open his checkbook big time to lure him here, but it sounds like he's not in a rush to go back to NO until he sees what is available.

Holmgren doesn't need to be here. If it's not Payton or Gruden, I'm not sure where to start looking yet but I'm tired of having an unprepared football team. It honestly looks like we don't practice at all. Think about it. If you had to guess what it would look like if an NFL didn't practice and just played the games, you would guess they would look exactly the way we do every week.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton seems like a great match for obvious reasons, his familiarity with Romo and Jerry Jones being the most important. We would be able to keep most of the current core in tact and give it one last go with one of the best offensive minds in football running the show. I'd love to see what a Payton-Romo marriage looks like at this stage in their careers.

The other name that intrigues me is Nick Saban. If you guys remember he was one of the hot names linked to us after Wade got canned and since then he's added another Title to his belt and may be on his way to winning another one this year. I don't know if Jerry can do enough to convince him to leave what he's created at Bama, he's a god there, but let's be honest... a part of him has to still be curious if he can win in the NFL. He's the ultimate disciplinarian and I have no doubt in my mind he would correct all the issues we've had with sloppy play and lack of mental fortitude. He would be a prime candidate to bring that culture change we've all been wanting to see for years now. It may be more of a rebuilding effort under Saban than we would see under Payton, but I'd be willing to be patient and see it through because the guy knows how to build tough football teams.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't touch Saban with a ten foot pole. He has way too much success at the college level to leave that comfort zone again, and he bailed in horrid fashion after he took the Alabama job. No matter what he did with the Cowboys a ton of colleges would offer him ritual sacrifices that would eventually bring him back if he doesn't win a Super Bowl within a few years. Maybe Jerry could throw something in his contract that makes it hard to leave before his contract is up.

Payton already knows Romo, and he's a great offensive coach when he's in control. If they could get him a good defensive coordinator if Rob leaves then they would be set. If Rob stayed then it might be a good tandem. Of all the names that are a bit realistic Payton would be the best option to me.

There is Cowher out there still. He's been away for a long time now, and that would worry me a little, but I would love to see him coach this team. Like LL just said it looks like the team doesn't even practice at all. It would be one thing if they were just slow starters, but they don't start at all until the second half. The team needs someone that will discipline them in the worst way. Garrett talks a good game in the offseason, but it's been the same old **** in terms of idiotic mistakes from the team and him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

We ran the ball 11 times yesterday. Honestly I don't care so much about that, but if it's not working no point in forcing stupid run plays. I loved the 2 point conversion formation where we went to a QB sneak. We should run that formation, in a no huddle a lot more. The defense has no choice but to man up, and slow down the blitz. Witten, Beasley, Harris, those guys can beat man coverages if you double Dez and it spreads things out for Romo.

Quick patterns, it opens up the double moves, and the underneath stuff has always been there. I don't think it's a coincidence we score a TON of points in hurry up mode. We come out in this stagnant, slow moving offense and it always fails. Before you know it, 2nd quarter is here, and we are down 13 points with constant 3 and outs. It is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Our Head coach is supposed to be an offensive mind, a former QB, yet the primary issues with this team are on offense and IMO easy fixes. This offense use to ROLL people, week in and out. JG has made absolutely no adjustments to our slow starts and/or defenses figuring us out. No changes, no adjustments. We just roll out every week with the same old, tired gameplan and get behind a ton at halftime.

Geez I would love Payton to bring his scheme back here.

edit: I think it may be the whole philosophy that bothers me, JG is stuck in his ways and is either unwilling, or incapable of changing. Why can't we come out passing, getting Dez involved early, score some points, then get the running game going? It is possible to pass to open the run, Pats, Saints, & Packers all do it. We have the personnel to do it the same way. It's like watching the Packers come out and pound Starks for 2 quarters in a slow, methodical offense until halftime.

It doesn't work. We've seen that. Not that what I'm recommending absolutely will work, but how about we TRY something? JG has the same annoying press conferences where he acknowledges our faults, then we go out and do them all over again. We completely ignore Dez on easy passes almost all first half trying to be cute.

1 TD in the first half of the last 4 games. From an offensive genius. SMH.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-23-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
"Holmgren, who is finishing up a disappointing three-year run as the Browns' team president, has said he would consider a return to coaching, where he already has a case for potential Hall of Fame induction," La Canfora said last Sunday. "Some sources who know Holmgren well believe Dallas is the one potential opening that would truly interest him, given the competitiveness of the roster, the skill players present and his long relationship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. Holmgren and Jones worked closely together for more than a decade on the NFL's Competition Committee. If the perfect scenario does not arise, sources close to Holmgren expect him to retire."

I'm not really a big Holmgren fan, but over JG sure, I'd take it. Anybody who knows his coaching history better, how do you think he'd do? I just would prefer a HC who has a better track record of player evaluation, and Holmgren and Jerry picking our players gives me very little confidence. Especially needing a new QB here soon.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells boys, Robert Griffin showed us what the next 10 years of playing the Redskins are going to look like and it isn't pretty for the Cowboys.

13 Targets for Beasley? It felt like it was 20. I didn't see that coming even though we threw the ball over 60 times. I was distracted a bit with Thanksgiving, but is this one of those instances where Romo locks in on a receiver and doesn't look elsewhere for the rest of the game?
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Wells boys, Robert Griffin showed us what the next 10 years of playing the Redskins are going to look like and it isn't pretty for the Cowboys.

13 Targets for Beasley? It felt like it was 20. I didn't see that coming even though we threw the ball over 60 times. I was distracted a bit with Thanksgiving, but is this one of those instances where Romo locks in on a receiver and doesn't look elsewhere for the rest of the game?
RGIII is amazing. He's going to cause all of us fits for a long long time.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't win a SB during his career. He was worth every penny they gave up for him. And lulz at Cleveland. You had the picks to get RGIII instead you draft a running back and a 30 year old qb. That's why they're the Browns.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Pressure and he was running all the underneath routes. He targeted Dez as first read on probably 80% of the plays. Washington generated a lot of pressure without blitzing which leads to check downs.

Beasley also catches everything :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream coach rankings.

1. Sean Payton
- Not coming, but he sure tops the "dream" list.

2. Bill Cowher
- Not coming either, but we sure could use the accountability and discipline he brings.

3. Jon Gruden
- Very intriguing. I think our offense would thrive in his WCO.

4. Bob Stoops
- I've been a long time fan of Stoops and in the back of my mind always wanted him here.

5. Rob Ryan
- No secret that I'm a fan of his. But it seems like some folks have a very short leash on him. One bad game and he sucks despite a great season and great player development.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Pressure and he was running all the underneath routes. He targeted Dez as first read on probably 80% of the plays. Washington generated a lot of pressure without blitzing which leads to check downs.

Beasley also catches everything :)
Dez being the first read doesn't mean anything. Romo doesn't like to go to his first read. He's scared of throwing picks. He's turned into a glorified Captain Checkdown. That much is clear.

But yeah, Beasley is fun! Oh man is he an upgrade over Oggs. He did drop one that landed in his chest and was the target on Romo's INT. Romo went to the well one too many times while in his Beasley trance. I agree with crisco... Romo got into that mindset where he only had eyes for Beasley and it hurt the team. Would've been interesting to see us score on that drive and prevent Washington from scoring.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st read, 2nd read, 3rd read etc is fan talk. There's really no such thing.

Players aren't reads. Routes are. Your progressions are based on what you read the defense to be, then what routes are open based on that coverage. You progress through your reads based on that. Not based on players.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
RGIII is amazing. He's going to cause all of us fits for a long long time.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't win a SB during his career. He was worth every penny they gave up for him. And lulz at Cleveland. You had the picks to get RGIII instead you draft a running back and a 30 year old qb. That's why they're the Browns.
Cleveland is so dumb it ain't even funny.

The only way to beat RG3 is to hope his receivers drop the ball and have an offense that can outscore him. He's ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
1st read, 2nd read, 3rd read etc is fan talk. There's really no such thing.

Players aren't reads. Routes are. Your progressions are based on what you read the defense to be, then what routes are open based on that coverage. You progress through your reads based on that. Not based on players.
Yeah, well when we start to talk about #1 WR, #2 WR, #3 WR sometimes the conversation can get twisted. Obviously your #1 WR won't be the first read all the time. My main gripe was that Romo started to get googley eyes for Beasley and was playing scared. He even started to ignore his main hubby, Witten. Beasley had 3 guys around him on that ball that was Intercepted.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

To be fair, you can identify matchups that you like before the snap. Like if you see a LB on Dez in zone with a safety up top and you know you have an option where he can run a skinny or sit, then you know pre snap that's what you want to hit and you can manipulate safeties to open up that hole and hit your guy.

Or if you see a LB on Witten in man and you know that LB can't keep up with him, then you can manipulate the coverage then hit him.

So players obviously play a role. But it's about matchups. Not Dez is #1 read bc he's Dez, Austin is 2 bc he's Austin etc.

It's all about route combinations, coverages, and identifying where your guys should win. Find a matchup you like and go for it. A lot of times your presnap read is the guy who is open.

I've grown so accustomed to the Giants playbook that I can pretty much tell you who the ball should go to on 70% of the plays, unless the defense tricks me pre snap.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
To be fair, you can identify matchups that you like before the snap. Like if you see a LB on Dez in zone with a safety up top and you know you have an option where he can run a skinny or sit, then you know pre snap that's what you want to hit and you can manipulate safeties to open up that hole and hit your guy.

Or if you see a LB on Witten in man and you know that LB can't keep up with him, then you can manipulate the coverage then hit him.

So players obviously play a role. But it's about matchups. Not Dez is #1 read bc he's Dez, Austin is 2 bc he's Austin etc.

It's all about route combinations, coverages, and identifying where your guys should win. Find a matchup you like and go for it. A lot of times your presnap read is the guy who is open.

I've grown so accustomed to the Giants playbook that I can pretty much tell you who the ball should go to on 70% of the plays, unless the defense tricks me pre snap.
Yeah, well I haven't been impressed with Romo's presnap reads. I'm happy if he gets the ball off before a Delay of Game. Yesterday was hilarious. He's out there chomping and shouting at the LOS... only to run a head scratching play.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, well I haven't been impressed with Romo's presnap reads. I'm happy if he gets the ball off before a Delay of Game. Yesterday was hilarious. He's out there chomping and shouting at the LOS... only to run a head scratching play.
He left a lot of plays on the field. Some of it was protection breakdowns. But some of it is on Romo. He has a bad habit of staring down a guy when he gets a hot hand with him.

Usually it's Witten. But he will key in on a guy if he starts getting hot. Yesterday it was Beasley.

But you're too hard on Romo. Romo is a good qb. You're not gonna make the right play every snap.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its so funny that people ignore the fact that our line SUCKS, and that was when we had Smith and Costa playing, we cant run the ball at all, we are constently in 1st and 20s, 2nd and 15s, ect..and we gripe about our QB. SMH. Romo is not the problem, not even close IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Payton Tier (#1 Choice)
  • Sean Payton: Perfect fit. Seemingly interested. Strong ties to the organization. His recent comment would waiting for opportunities is either a money grab with the Saints or a legitimate statement is yet to be seen. As with any other offensive candidates for HC I would be hoping to retain Rob and his defensive staff although I realize that is asking a lot from Payton.

Offensive HC (#2 Choice)
  • Jon Gruden: Agreed with D. I think his offensive scheme would be a breath of fresh air. His energy would be great as well. Ideally paired with Rob as well.

Defensive HC (#3 Choice)
Regardless of the Defensive HC pick I would be targeting Norv Turner.
  • Rob Ryan (Promote): We all know Rob. I love the energy and his turnaround of our defense has been nothing short of a miracle. I was extremely disappointed recently with his propensity of utilizing 3 man rushes but I have to give him a pass due to the ineptitude of our safety play. I give him the edge over Horton due to familiarity.
  • Ray Horton: Hybrid 3-4 pressure DC. Has had a phenomal flip of fortunes with the Cardinals and is very highly regarded. If we went a "different" direction in that we wanted a defensive oriented coach outside the organization than Horton is a natural fit. Same alignment, strong ties as a player with the organization and fresh take on head coaching.

If we pass on the above candidates I'd much sooner retain Garrett and force his hand with an OC. If Payton is available he is the no-brainer. The rest of the candidates display pro's and con's and actually have me considering Garrett + new OC as my #3 choice above either of the defensive choices.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Its so funny that people ignore the fact that our line SUCKS, and that was when we had Smith and Costa playing, we cant run the ball at all, we are constently in 1st and 20s, 2nd and 15s, ect..and we gripe about our QB. SMH. Romo is not the problem, not even close IMO
Our OL sucks but Romo makes wrong choices even when he does have time.

I'm over him already. I know his limitations. I think we can have some fun successful seasons with him. But there ain't no way in the world I believe he will EVER win a SB.

...that is unless, EVERYTHING is perfect around him. HC/OC/DC.. OL, WR, TE, RB... DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS... K, P and LS. If we get all of that fixed then maybe just maybe Romo can win a SB, but he won't ever lead them there. THEY will lead HIM there.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Our OL sucks but Romo makes wrong choices even when he does have time.

I'm over him already. I know his limitations. I think we can have some fun successful seasons with him. But there ain't no way in the world I believe he will EVER win a SB.

...that is unless, EVERYTHING is perfect around him. HC/OC/DC.. OL, WR, TE, RB... DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS... K, P and LS. If we get all of that fixed then maybe just maybe Romo can win a SB, but he won't ever lead them there. THEY will lead HIM there.
Ill take it. A ring is a ring regardless

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

ESPN...

COACHING
Once again, the Cowboys were a poorly prepared team. The short week is certainly no excuse, especially since the Redskins also played Sunday and had to deal with a travel day. The awful first half continued a troubling trend. It took Jason Garrett a half to figure out how to attack a poor Washington defense. The Cowboys finally started having success when Garrett basically got out of the way and let Romo run the show. Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan had one of his worst days since coming to Dallas, too. This staff is in serious jeopardy of getting fired at the end of the season.

Old 11-23-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every week I hear the same thing about how it took Garrett a half to figure something out. As for Rob I think that he's done very well this year considering how many key players he's lost to injury at some point. He's lost 3 starters for the season in Lee, Coleman, and Church. Ratliff missed many games including yesterday's. Lee's replacement has missed games, and then another potential replacement in Orie Lemon is out for the year. That's not counting missing Lissemore and Spencer for many games too. Jenkins also figured to be a bigger factor, but his shoulder has been an issue all year. Considering that Rob has the D competitively a top unit rankings wise he's done a helluva job this year. I think he called a bad game with some of his 7 yard zones on 3rd and 2 a lot, but he's been very good this season overall.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote