Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-10-2011, 09:13 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moch is rising, no doubt.

When I read Scott's first write up on him, I was disappointed in his play. But ever since the upset of Boise State, he's been an impact player on defense.

If Moch comes close to approaching his alleged 4.2 40,(anything under 4.5 would be breathtaking speed), along with his 6'2 frame and 245 pounds, a 3-4 team is going take him very high in April, IMO.

Moch appears to have the functional strength to go along with his speed and athletic ability.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Moch runs 4.2 with his 245 lb frame, Al Davis would trade his entire draft to get Moch if they had their first round pick.

Raiders fans had better be glad the Patriots took it from them.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he could definitely play the RDE in a 4-3. He uses his leverage and strength so well that when he stunts and bull rushes the interior OL (even on a double team) he often blows them back or knocks them to the side. He plays very violently. I don't think he quite plays up to his speed numbers, but from a leverage and quickness standpoint, he is awesome.

He went against Costanzo last night only a few times but on one occasion he bullrushed Costanzo right into the lap of the BC QB, almost got a hand on him too.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
He's playing right now, and he doesn't look like a 2nd round prospect whatsoever.
Really? So four year starting QBs with strong arms, great mobility, 6'6 frames, 4.5 speed, and are usually pretty accurate aren't considered 2nd round material? Or are you saying you'd take him round 1?

Let's wait until Senior Bowl practices start before we make that assumption. At the very least you'd have to say he looks better as a pro prospect coming out of college than Tebow.

He's 3 inches taller.

Has a far better delivery.

Is much faster and a far different runner (which translates better for the NFL).

Has a much better arm.

More accurrate.

ANd Tebow was taken in round 1.... I look for Colin to come off the board in round 2, probably early to needy QB team that passed on a potential stud in round 1.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Packfan7

Some things to keep in mind in regards to Kaepernick:

He's known to be an extremely high character kid with no off the field issues or baggage.

He's a very intelligent kid having been accepted into both Cornell and Harvard prior to accepting his only D1 offer to play at Nevada. He graduated with a degree in Business Management and scored a 37 on the wonderlic.

He was a 3 sport star in HS and did not focus on the QB position until college. He's improved his accuracy and delivery each year: frosh 53.8%, soph 54.3%, junior 58.9%, senior 64.9%.

Every knock against him going into last years draft (completion percent, no win vs. a BCS team, no win vs a ranked team, no significant comeback/clutch win, etc) he has proven capable of doing.

He is known to be an extremely competitive and passionate player who hates to lose. Has a first into the gym, last to leave reputation at Nevada. Just look at his comments after the bowl game when asked if he had any regrets at Nevada. He said "that I didn't beat Hawaii in Hawaii". You can tell it's still eating at him that the team wasn't 14-0.

No significant history of injury.

Kaepernick probably has as high of a ceiling as anyone in the draft, particularly at the QB position. Maybe not a 1st round pick but why wouldn't an NFL team want him as a project or back-up on their roster?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packfan7 View Post
Some things to keep in mind in regards to Kaepernick:

He's known to be an extremely high character kid with no off the field issues or baggage.

He's a very intelligent kid having been accepted into both Cornell and Harvard prior to accepting his only D1 offer to play at Nevada. He graduated with a degree in Business Management and scored a 37 on the wonderlic.

He was a 3 sport star in HS and did not focus on the QB position until college. He's improved his accuracy and delivery each year: frosh 53.8%, soph 54.3%, junior 58.9%, senior 64.9%.

Every knock against him going into last years draft (completion percent, no win vs. a BCS team, no win vs a ranked team, no significant comeback/clutch win, etc) he has proven capable of doing.

He is known to be an extremely competitive and passionate player who hates to lose. Has a first into the gym, last to leave reputation at Nevada. Just look at his comments after the bowl game when asked if he had any regrets at Nevada. He said "that I didn't beat Hawaii in Hawaii". You can tell it's still eating at him that the team wasn't 14-0.

No significant history of injury.

Kaepernick probably has as high of a ceiling as anyone in the draft, particularly at the QB position. Maybe not a 1st round pick but why wouldn't an NFL team want him as a project or back-up on their roster?
Not to mention 4-year experience, the perfect size at 6'6", 225, an arm so strong it's scary and a probable sub-4.6 40-yd dash time.

CK's got everything Cam Newton has, without the monkey brain and the character concerns.

However, Cam will go in the Top 10 and Colin will be forgotten and taken in the 4th round by a team that won't use him so that he has 7 career attempts by his 5th NFL season while Newton is a proven bust.

NFL Draft, you are so unfair.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Could Vince Young be a decent comparision for him? Or ceiling to how VY did in his good years in TN. I think with the proper coaching this kid could be a starter. He is good enough of a athlete to make a impact early in a wildcat type offence. He needs to add 10-15 and still maintain his speed to make it in the NFL also
I'm telling you guys, Randall Cunningham to a "T".

Tall, thin, fast, with a whip-like release, but a strong arm... not only that, they both played their college football in the state of Nevada. So Kaepernick didn't punt in college like Cunninghan, the Wolf Pack rately punted anyways.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Pat Bateman
Rookie

Pat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Very late 2nd Day prospects. I wouldn't doubt if he went undrafted. Definitely no future as an NFL starting QB.
Whoever the Funbuncher guy is, he hit the hammer on the nail BTW.
Pat Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Whoever the Funbuncher guy is, he hit the hammer on the nail BTW.
You've never been wrong in judgment of a player before?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
You've never been wrong in judgment of a player before?
He's got one post on his account. The freshest of trolls.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL. I'll take the gold star.
But I'm wrong about guys all the time, like most of us on this board.

But it's still fun to debate/evaluate prospects and project them on the next level.

Now what happened to Dontay Moch??
Old 11-24-2012, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broke his foot in Cincinnati's first preseason game and didn't return to practice until October 12. (Wikipedia.)
Old 11-24-2012, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Pat Bateman
Rookie

Pat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairPat Bateman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
He's got one post on his account. The freshest of trolls.
Ease up there, little buddy....I'm just having fun with what the general consensus seemed to be. Honestly, I could have picked any poster out. His just kind of summed up what a lot of dratniks, such as yourselves, seemed to be saying about the kid from Reno. Not trying to impute upon the draft knowledge of any member here or anything of the sort.

Anyway, I decided to read some old scouting reports on Kaepernick, and with DraftCountdown being a personal favorite website of mine for NFL Draft information, I typed "draftcountdown Colin Kaepernick" on the old, trusty Google search bar and was led to this topic. Also just wanted to give FunBuncher credit for a damn good, almost down to the tee prediction. I mean you gotta give the guy credit.....Nailed the correct round, strengths, weaknesses, what he needed in order to flourish in the NFL, everything. Major props to the dude. All months before the draft as well. Impressive stuff.

Last edited by Pat Bateman : 11-24-2012 at 03:10 AM.
Pat Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
Ease up there, little buddy....I'm just having fun with what the general consensus seemed to be. Honestly, I could have picked any poster out. His just kind of summed up what a lot of dratniks, such as yourselves, seemed to be saying about the kid from Reno. Not trying to impute upon the draft knowledge of any member here or anything of the sort.

Anyway, I decided to read some old scouting reports on Kaepernick, and with DraftCountdown being a personal favorite website of mine for NFL Draft information, I typed "draftcountdown Colin Kaepernick" on the old, trusty Google search bar and was led to this topic. Also just wanted to give FunBuncher credit for a damn good, almost down to the tee prediction. I mean you gotta give the guy credit.....Nailed the correct round, strengths, weaknesses, what he needed in order to flourish in the NFL, everything. Major props to the dude. All months before the draft as well. Impressive stuff.
You said he "hit the hammer on the nail," which I assumed meant the opposite of "hit the nail on the head," since it is the opposite. Haha. I see that's not what you meant, and I mostly wrote what I did because I was bored. But you write well. So welcome aboard.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
The guy he reminds me of most is Randall Cunningham. I've been watching Nevada the past two years mostly because of this guy and with his long linear frame, strong arm, great athletic ability and straight-line speed, as well as his whip-like release, he just screams Cunningham.
This is what I've been thinking the entire time. Kaepernick doesn't seem to have the elusiveness to the degree of Cunningham, but definitely the build and some mobility, (I think he was a little taller than Cunningham though?) and a pretty strong arm although most likely not to the degree that Randall showcased back in the day.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
...a pretty strong arm although most likely not to the degree that Randall showcased back in the day.
I don't know about that. I don't think he really threw it hard all night against the Bears, except maybe a slant that hit Randy Moss in the forearms and ricocheted all the way out the back of the endzone before hitting the ground. Randy came back to the sideline shaking his arms. Kaepernick's got a rocket.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
This is what I've been thinking the entire time. Kaepernick doesn't seem to have the elusiveness to the degree of Cunningham, but definitely the build and some mobility, (I think he was a little taller than Cunningham though?) and a pretty strong arm although most likely not to the degree that Randall showcased back in the day.
No, he's faster than Cunningham, but taller... but judging the increasing height and weight of players anyways, it isn't a difference when comaring eras.

I do have to say one thing. CK's release has drastically been sped up and he is extremely accurate and just based on his two starts I would have to say he is definitely a better thrower than Cunningham was in his early years.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
He's playing right now, and he doesn't look like a 2nd round prospect whatsoever.
Yeah, I was watching him the last two weeks and didn't think he looked anything like a 2nd rounder either.

I was kind of wishing somebody would find one of the threads where I stated that CK was my top 2012 draft class QB (I think my exact words were, "Cam Newton minus the baggage"). If anybody finds it, please pay no attention to the fact that I had Gabbert rated 3rd or that I almost completely wrote off Andy Dalton (of course I think I compared him to Btian Griese-which seems to be fairly accurate right now). I think I panned Ponder as well.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I don't know if what I just said was revisionist history or if I posted my top 5 in another post, but this is what I had... and boy does it make me look stupid. I distinctly remember at some point ranking CK no worse than #2 or 3... I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
My list...

1) Gabbert
2) Locker
3) Newton
4) Kaepernick
5) Ponder/Mallett

Sorry, but my list includes more than just stats, measurables, and other people's opinions... I think work ethic (and obviously the ability to throw and move feet) is the most important quality a QB can have... that's why I have Ponder as high as I do