Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The most cookie cutter director = Brett Ratner.
Don't ever say that piece of ****'s name again. He's not a director. He ruined X-Men. I hate him so bad....

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't think so. He's had some movies that weren't that great like all directors and that people didn't necessarily praise just because he directed them. But films like Jaws, E.T., Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park or Schindler List are all great films which I wouldn't necessarily classify as cookie cutter. Nor would I say those films are overrated and get undeserved praise because Spielberg directed them.
Exactly. He's earned his due. And Munich was a great movie. Very well made.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think so. He's had some movies that weren't that great like all directors and that people didn't necessarily praise just because he directed them. But films like Jaws, E.T., Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park or Schindler List are all great films which I wouldn't necessarily classify as cookie cutter. Nor would I say those films are overrated and get undeserved praise because Spielberg directed them.
You just listed about every movie I loved as a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The most cookie cutter director = Brett Ratner.
Michael Bay and Brett Ratner are the same person.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fox ruined X-men by hastily rushing it into production instead of waiting for Singer to finish wrapping up SR. Although that movie sucked and he probably should have just done X-men anyway but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
i grabbed Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction on bluray for $4 each yesterday
I almost got those 2 also but I had tried to keep my spendings under 40

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally watched Looper and really enjoyed it. It isn't in the upper echelon of sci-fi movies, but it did some very interesting things.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:11 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rosebud must love him some Uwe Boll. That his Boy Blue.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wreck-It Ralph is all kinds of fun. Funny and cute and a pretty decent idea.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:43 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 11-27-2012 at 01:15 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He's the most cookie cutter director possible and if his name weren't spielberg his movies wouldn't get reviewed nearly as well. I mean even Munich got good reviews and that film was garbage.
**** Spielberg. He is talented and he does have so much money and backing and yet he continues to churn out ****. Munich was decent but then you look at a movie like The Terminal or War of the Worlds, both awful. He makes mindless drivel most of the time and I hate him for it. At least when someone says their favorite director is Spielberg I know they are full of **** and not someone who;s opinion I care about. He consistently does not challenge with his films, what you see is what you get and they always could have been better. He comes up with some good ideas but his execution is ****.

Quote:
Like all directors? No, not true. Not great is also incredibly generous. He has made some ****** films. Just look at A.I. The minute he has challenging material, something ambitious that requires good directing to make it a great film (Kubrick would have made a masterpiece) he ***** it up because he is a hack. Now to be fair he has made some movies I do really enjoy but the one thing they all have in common is they were great ideas with great actors involved (because the biggest name in directing obviously attracts that biggest talent except for maybe E.T.) but universally they could have been better in the hands of someone more talented. Is he a bad director? No. He is average. Good for him.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...justice-league

Good lord no.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You just listed about every movie I loved as a child.
I know he's made some fantastic and memorable films. He's a great director.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-27-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lincoln was great. Fantastic performances all around.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life of Pi was pretty freakin' spectacular too. Might seem kind of stupid to those who have never read the book but it's a really interesting story. The visuals were freakin' amazing too and the 3d was done exceptionally well. Usually I'm not much of a fan of 3D movies but this was one of the few exceptions. Great movie, go see it now!

Might have to go see it again not sober.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although rather slow moving, I thought this was incredibly good.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't have sound right now but this looks good. made by the same team who produced the hurt locker, which i LOVE.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched 500 days of Summer last night and thought it was alright. Kinda disappointed cause I read many good things about it.

And also, Summer is a full out biotach!

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early reviews of Django Unchained.

Jeff Goldsmith ?@yogoldsmith
From start to finish Django Unchained is a fantastic crowd pleaser. Smartly humorous, great action & dialogue - Definite awards contender!

Jeff Goldsmith ?@yogoldsmith
Interestingly there were many nuanced changes to the leaked script- some minor, some completely new scenes plus cuts as well. Great writing!

Anne Thompson ?@akstanwyck
Django unchained is super violent spaghetti western w/ anachronistic songs. waltz & jackson steal it. All talk & action. 1st screening.

Anne Thompson ?@akstanwyck
Standing ovation for Tarantino at DGA. Taylor hackford doing q and a.

david ehrlich ?@davidehrlich
DJANGO UNCHAINED: holy *****. brutally hilarious spaghetti comedy does for business what Basterds did for war. Best American film of 2012.

@NoreeVictoria
Ho. Ly. Crap. #DjangoUnchained! BEYOND BRILLIANT PERFORMANCES! INCREDIBLE Q&A with Mr. Tarantino himself!

D-Dub ?@silkyd67
Django Unchained, Quentin Tarantino's first DGA film, is funny, crazy violent, thoroughly entertaining. Luv that Christoph Waltz

D-Dub ?@silkyd67
Django Unchained: Don Johnson needs to work more. He and Christoph Waltz together..awesome

Lou Lumenick ?@LouLumenick
Just watched what was basically a three-hour homage to BLAZING SADDLES

Julie Seureau ?@IndieJuls
Really happy to have been to the advanced screening of #Django. Christoph Waltz is such an extraordinary actor. He really stole the thunder!

Julie Seureau ?@IndieJuls
#Django was a great film: very bloody but also very funny. The kind of film that makes you laugh about issues you don't usually laugh at!

Eric Appel ?@erockappel
Well, Django Unchained is fricking incredible. ****, man. The best. Tarantino is the King! Wow!

joshua cordes ?@yumyumfish
Django Unchained was incredible. And this isn't just some "I saw it first" ***** happening. Hilarious and exciting. Shoe in Best Pic nom.

AnnaMaria DeMara ?@iamBANANNA
Just saw Django Unchained WOW!! Amazzzzzzing - One of His best movies! & Tarantino showed up for Q & A's

Tarantino's awesome Django unchained its over 2 1/2 hrs & has the best bloodiest shoot out's ever, fantastic performances even from Don Johnson & the KKK will never be the same go see it in the dark with strangers

Lissa Price ?@Lissa_Price
Name dropping: Took a couple of hours off to see Django (great) w/Quentin Tarantino speaking. Got to tell Jamie what an amazing job he did.

Much can be learned about scene structure and tension from #Django that I'm taking back to my desk. Thank you, Quentin.

Django - it's hard to imagine it any better. It is a Movie with all the emotions, tension, surprises and it's a statement. @SpencerToday

Django Unchained is everything Tarantino fans expect from him and more. Foxx, Waltz, and Jackson are brilliant. Cannot imagine anyone else.

Rian Johnson ?@rcjohnso
Django was terrific. DiCaprio blows the roof off the joint.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Killing Them Softly was just alright. Kinda boring.. lots of talking, which is always fine.. The acting was good enough though, especially Pitt and Gandolfini. The movie is not subtle about its political message at all. I'd give it a 7/10.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Killing Them Softly was just alright. Kinda boring.. lots of talking, which is always fine.. The acting was good enough though, especially Pitt and Gandolfini. The movie is not subtle about its political message at all. I'd give it a 7/10.
Ya it was pretty underwhelming. Like you said there was some good acting from Pitt and some decent dialogue but the plot was really straightforward and it was pretty easy to see where everything was headed from the start.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Ya it was pretty underwhelming. Like you said there was some good acting from Pitt and some decent dialogue but the plot was really straightforward and it was pretty easy to see where everything was headed from the start.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is getting The Dark Knight Rises this week?
Old 12-03-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Who is not getting the dark knight rises this week?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Who is not getting the dark knight rises this week?
But why would you not get it?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm not getting it because I'll be too busy with MIAMI ******* CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!

ALMOST HERE!