Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-24-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Not jelly more so annoyed that this ND team is playing in the NCG. Thank ******* god OSU is ineligble or that could be 2 of the least inpressive teams playing. At least this way ND will get embarrassed in front of the world.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not jelly more so annoyed that this ND team is playing in the NCG. Thank ******* god OSU is ineligble or that could be 2 of the least inpressive teams playing. At least this way ND will get embarrassed in front of the world.
ND deserves their shot, without a doubt. You're just being a baby that you aren't seeing the game you want to see so you're kicking and screaming.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am. I know UF wouldn't have much of a shot against Bama regardless but didn't want to see ND in it.
ND has been more impressive than Florida.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
did you watch the game? do you realize how little Driskel had to do with winning that game for Florida? apart from an ill-advised pass between two FSU DBs that somehow didn't get picked, Florida's run game and defense beat the Noles (just like the rest of the Gator wins)
I'm not saying he's the reason they won but i don't get the hate for Jeff Driskel when his line really isn't very good at pass protecting and his receivers leave a lot to be desired.

All i'm saying is don't be shocked when he's a high pick in 2014. Hard to believe i'm arguing with a Florida fan in support of a Gator player.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
ND has been more impressive than Florida.
UF has also beaten A&M, LSU, South Carolina, and FSU. ND has beaten unranked USC, and Michigan? .... ok

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
UF has also beaten A&M, LSU, South Carolina, and FSU. ND has beaten unranked USC, and Michigan? .... ok

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
way to leave out oklahoma and stanford, both top 10 teams

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Notre Dame deserves to be in the NCG but boy it would be tempting to not watch it.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only undefeated (eligible) team in the country doesn't deserve to be in?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Notre Dame deserves to be in the NCG but boy it would be tempting to not watch it.
Then don't watch it. Jesus. Nobody gives a **** if you watch it or not.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babylon, Driskel is not an NFL quality passer... he'd have to make unimaginable strides in the next year or two to become a first-round pick.

Proshoota, Florida lost a game. Notre Dame didn't. It is ridiculously difficult to go undefeated. I'm not going to entertain the schedule-strength argument because UF has a loss and ND doesn't...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

obvious teams that have been left out,,,,, my bad..... but i still think an sec schedule that UF went through is more difficult than NDs. You will claim I am a homer, and that is true, not denying it.But still..... UFs resume is pretty impressive

Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying he's the reason they won but i don't get the hate for Jeff Driskel when his line really isn't very good at pass protecting and his receivers leave a lot to be desired.

All i'm saying is don't be shocked when he's a high pick in 2014. Hard to believe i'm arguing with a Florida fan in support of a Gator player.
I'm not arguing that he has all the talent in the world, but he has limited this offense since day one and it's not all that unclear. maybe he makes drastic strides this off-season but I have seen no change in his very mediocre/subpar play over the past 8 weeks or so.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I don't understand why you're hating on ND. It sure sounds like your beef is with the NCAA and the manner in which the NCG is determined.
Well thats obvious, nobody likes the "system". Its not ND's fauly they beat everyone on their schedule or dont play in a conference (kinda their fault, but not my point).

Just more so the fact about beating quality opponents and the way you beat them matters in college, this Isnt the NFL where a win is a win.

Am I an SEC homer? Yes, but we can all agree SEC teams play more quality opponents year in and year out then any other team. I commend ND on schdualing some tough games before the year on paper, Michigan, OU, USC etc, is it their fault they turned out to suck? No.

More so just venting at the fact I think there are better teams out there this year than ND, and no Im not saying UF is one of them. Thats what angers/annoys me, so yes ultimately im mad at not havign playoffs like every other fan.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that aren't from Notre Dame are lucky to have not been the victims of a second Holocaust. In comparison, the rest of us are absolute scum. All I can do is continue rooting for their success and distance myself from my Illini as much as possible.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I'd gladly take ND in the title game over SEC round 18 with Bama or Georgia/Florida, because Christ would that game be boring as ****. At least I can cheer for ND, in the hope that the neverending SEC dicksucking dies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Then don't watch it. Jesus. Nobody gives a **** if you watch it or not.
I guess we all have that option. Don't preach to me, it isn't impressing anyone.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
way to leave out oklahoma and stanford, both top 10 teams
my apologies as my homerism has taken over me.... as well as my drunkenness haha

Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd gladly take ND in the title game over SEC round 18 with Bama or Georgia/Florida, because Christ would that game be boring as ****. At least I can cheer for ND, in the hope that the neverending SEC dicksucking dies.
you must be a big10 fan.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I'm not arguing that he has all the talent in the world, but he has limited this offense since day one and it's not all that unclear. maybe he makes drastic strides this off-season but I have seen no change in his very mediocre/subpar play over the past 8 weeks or so.
The problem is they're probably trying to install a pro style offense with talent that doesn't suit their intentions there. Let's see how they do next year with a more experienced line and receivers with some experience.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
you must be a big10 fan.
So? It's just annoying that people ***** about ND making the game, even though they have earned it by winning every single one of their games and beating several good teams. I don't care how hyper-competitive the SEC is, none of them earned it more than ND did.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-24-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I was wanting Oregon in there just to change it up a bit. Right now Stanford and A & M are probably the best teams out there.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we all have that option. Don't preach to me, it isn't impressing anyone.
I have to treat you like an adult child, because you are bitchiing like one.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So? It's just annoying that people ***** about ND making the game, even though they have earned it by winning every single one of their games and beating several good teams. I don't care how hyper-competitive the SEC is, none of them earned it more than ND did.
Yeah, but SECz. Notre Dame has more quality wins than both Georgia and Alabama combined.

But, at least one of these teams now gets to say they beat a Top 3 team.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lol I never said the didnt "earn" it. I just dont find them impressive is all, alot of close games at home with ****** teams, Beat a good Standford, OU team, just overall not impressed.

And regardless how you "feel" about the SEC, youre going to have to watch them crush this ND team that "earned" their shot.