Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default MVP as we head out of November

Seems like the award has to go to a QB. Somehow, Jerry Rice wasn't good enough to win one.

I doubt any of the RB's will win it (but who would be considered the most valuable RB anyway: Foster, AP, Marshawn, Martin.... that's a good debate itself).

So as of this moment, and of course a lot will change tomorrow as there are some big battles, but here's your contenders:

Aaron Rodgers
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Robert Griffin III
Matt Ryan

Anyone who says Passer Rating is worthless must think this is a coincidence below:

Passer Rating:
  1. Rodgers 107.3
  2. Manning 106.2
  3. Brady 105.0
  4. Griffin 104.6

Brees is #7 at 99.8.
Alex Smith and Big Ben are #5 & #6 with 104.1 & 100.0.
Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Matt Schaub are the next 3 and all arel 94.something.

Passing TDs are:
  1. Brees 28
  2. Rodgers 27
  3. Manning 24
  4. Brady 24
  5. Freeman 21
  6. Dalton 20
  7. Ryan 20

Passing Yardage is the one (not passer rating) that is skewed as #1 & #4 are Stafford & Romo averaging 311.7 & 305.2 yards per game. Carson Palmer is ahead of both Peyton Manning & Rodgers.

Don't forget, RG3 has 642 yards rushing, and 6 TD runs.
His TD/Int ratio is 4/1.
Andrew Luck, FWIW, is 1/1.
Blaine Gabbert is 3/2.

So what does your ballot look like here, fairly.

I got it:
  1. Manning
  2. Rodgers
  3. Griffin
  4. Brady
  5. Brees
  6. Ryan
  7. Freeman

Big Ben would have been right there had he not gotten obtained by me in Fantasy Football & thus jinx-injured.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton annoys with all his MVPs, but I'd probably take him. He's made the Broncos a SB contender.

Brady is so good year after year like Jordan that I as a fan take for granted how well he's playing.
Rodgers is my favorite NFL QB, if I had two votes I'd give one to him and another to Peyton.

The homer in me says RG3, but to honestly give him a vote the SKins would have to run the table and win the NFCE.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Peyton annoys with all his MVPs, but I'd probably take him. He's made the Broncos a SB contender.

Brady is so good year after year like Jordan that I as a fan take for granted how well he's playing.
Rodgers is my favorite NFL QB, if I had two votes I'd give one to him and another to Peyton.

The homer in me says RG3, but to honestly give him a vote the SKins would have to run the table and win the NFCE.
I feel the same way. Peyton is just so damn good.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No mention of J.J. Watt? Really?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
He's a lock to be DPOY. Realistically, youre gonna have a qb as MVP. Only 2 defensive players ever won MVP: Lawrence Taylor and Alan Page. And both had league changing seasons to get it.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's btw Peyton and Matt Ryan. I want to give it to Ryan just bc Peyton wins it so damn much. But that just tells you how good Peyton is.

What does it say about Tom Brady that he's always so damn good but we never mention him as a MVP candidate bc we all just expect the Patriots to be great every year?

Think about it. The guy plays with an awful defense every year, he carries the offense, hell he IS the offense, loses 4 games at most in a season for damn near the past 4 years, and he never gets a lick of consideration for MVP bc we all expect it of him and the Patriots.

Bc it's the Patriots. We fail to recognize the work that Brady does from an MVP standpoint bc we all just expect him to do it every year.

Hell, now that I went on that rant, I'm voting Brady.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady had better be OPOY if not MVP.

Do you really think Ridley is a 1300+ yard back in the NFL? Yes, Brady has good weapons and his OL somehow manages to hold up (Solder and Vollmer are very good OTs, but Mankins has missed a ton of time and Wendell and Conolly are not on anyone's wish list at C and G), but that offense is #1 in the NFL because of Brady.

The team is winning games (in blowout fashion) because the defense has turned the corner a bit. Before the Talib trade, the Patriots were 6-3 having lost by a total of 4 points. (2-0 since) The Falcons are 8-1 and lost their game by 4 points.

In 2 of the 3 losses, Brady handed his defense an easy win if they could just have made a few stops in the 4th. Not 3 and outs, but holding them to field goals instead of TDs.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady should get it over Manning. If Manning receives the award I feel like it would be more on the line of reputation than actual merit.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brady should get it over Manning. If Manning receives the award I feel like it would be more on the line of reputation than actual merit.
Why? What does Manning's reputation have to do with him coming into a completely new environment with all but what 1 new teammate and immediately making that team into a Super Bowl contender?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you see me mention him?

You wanna bet on him winning? I'll take some of that.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Brady is phenomenal no question about it.

A case can easily be made for Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees every year.
RG3 has a chance if they win the NFC East behind his magic.
I don't see Ryan having a chance unless he A) lights it up and moves up in the stats category and B) the Falcons start to roll and keep winning, finishing 14-2 ish.... but remember they already were a #1 seed and I think 13-3 two years ago.... his numbers just probably won't match up with Brady, Rodgers, Brees & Manning for him to win.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In today's NFL, I don't know if we'll ever see a RB win MVP again in our lifetime...
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why? What does Manning's reputation have to do with him coming into a completely new environment with all but what 1 new teammate and immediately making that team into a Super Bowl contender?
Circumstance shouldn't have anything to do with the award. It's about production. I feel Brady has been the more productive player this year from what I've seen by a small margin. Maybe they could share the award.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-25-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Manning has better stats than Brady (assuming he has an average game this week).
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Manning has better stats than Brady (assuming he has an average game this week).
Their passing statistics are practically the same.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning have all had identical caliber years. It doesn't really matter who gets it, but if things continue like this it's going to be damn close.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

In these discussions I'll never forget Matt Cassel's 11-5 season or last year's Colts. I know that's unfair for many reasons, but I just won't.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. JJ Watt
5. Adrian Peterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think it's btw Peyton and Matt Ryan. I want to give it to Ryan just bc Peyton wins it so damn much. But that just tells you how good Peyton is.
What? I didn't think Ryan was a good choice before last week, and a 5 INT game crushes him. Many QBs have better stats than him and he no longer has the perfect season going for him.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Circumstance shouldn't have anything to do with the award. It's about production. I feel Brady has been the more productive player this year from what I've seen by a small margin. Maybe they could share the award.
Circumstance has nothing to do with most valuable player and its all about production? Wut?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Circumstance has nothing to do with most valuable player and its all about production? Wut?
Well yes. As long as your team is winning and you're putting up numbers. If Peyton Manning wasn't playing well this year, would he still get recognized because of the circumstances that surrounded his health and a move to Denver?

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well yes. As long as your team is winning and you're putting up numbers. If Peyton Manning wasn't playing well this year, would he still get recognized because of the circumstances that surrounded his health and a move to Denver?
Its not only about production. Its most VALUABLE player, not opoy. If circumstances provide good evidence of one being more valuable than the othrr than they definitely matter. Not because of his injury, but the impact he has made on the team.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Its not only about production. Its most VALUABLE player, not opoy. If circumstances provide good evidence of one being more valuable than the othrr than they definitely matter. Not because of his injury, but the impact he has made on the team.
Then Manning should have gotten it last season. We saw what happened to the Colts without him.

And yes I know it's not just about putting up numbers, which is why I said as long as your team is winning in addition.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In these discussions I'll never forget Matt Cassel's 11-5 season or last year's Colts. I know that's unfair for many reasons, but I just won't.
Not to mention how completely irrelevant that is to anything, or how completely different both circumstances and teams were but sure to the casual football fan I suppose that argument holds some merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:30 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly think it's a dead heat. Manning has been excellent.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning will get Comeback Player, JJ Watt will get DPOY, Peterson will get OPOY, and RG3 will most likely get OROY.

This leaves it as a toss-up between Ryan, Rodgers, and Brady. I'm guessing Brady, because the sports media loves him, and because Rodgers won it last year.

The real question is DROY. I'm guessing Fletcher Cox, I can't think of any other defensive rookie who's done anything.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote