Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 12: 49ers at Saints

Week 12:
Sunday, November 25, 2012

San Francisco 49ers (7-2-1)
At
New Orleans Saints (5-5)

Time: 1: 25 pm pst
Line: N.O. -1.0
Announcers (ESPN): Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver

Alright. I’ve been looking forward to this game for a long time. It’s a nice heat-check to see just how legitimate this team really is. The Saints are better than their record indicates. They’ve won five of their last six. Their offense is still top-notch, but their defense … oh man, that defense.

Last time there was this:

And this:

And capped off with this:

And of course there was this:

But, that was apparently just an appetizer to this:

The Kaepernick era has officially begun. I think. Or at least it has been reported to have begun. Of course, this time last week we were expecting Alex to take the field against the Bears and lead us to a nail-biting, 2-point win.

I don’t want to hear any “Bounty Scandal” nonsense. Probably because the only guy that got his “head killed” that game wasn’t wearing red. Oh well.

So, apparently, we get to see the return of this:

Wonderful. I’m not concerned about him rushing the ball. But he scares the **** out of me as a receiver.

And if Sproles scares the **** out of me, then my balls shrink up into little skittles at the thought of this guy:

He’s such a baller. And his QB actually throws him the ball. That is important.

Speaking of which, welcome back:

And of course, we have to keep a close eye on my boyfriend:

So, so dreamy.

So, hey, this guy is kinda good:

Hint: not Jason Campbell.

15 sacks in 10 games. He’s not in the same galaxy as Von Miller, or so I’m told, but hey, he’s serviceable I guess. Just enjoy the show.

Standings
NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (7-2-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (6-4)
3. Arizona Cardinals (4-6)
4. St. Louis Rams (3-6-1)

NFC South
1. Atlanta Falcons (9-1)
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-4)
3. New Orleans Saints (5-5)
4. Carolina Panthers (2-8)

-Special Note:

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, playing Sproles, Graham, and Colston are going to be damn annoying. Took everything the 49ers defense had last time at home and they still gave up a ridiculous amount of points. Now it's at the Superdome. If Kaepernick is starting, all I have to say is good luck bro. If he can play well in this game and win it, he'll probably be the starter the rest of the way.

Either way I'm expecting a ton of Frank Gore and Kendal Hunter grinding away.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:25 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always say the Sproles/Graham combo of the Saints worries me more defensively than any other combo of players in the NFL. Sproles had 15 catches in that playoff game. Graham had 100 yards and a couple of scores. Can't wait to see this game.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would very much like to see Aldon demolish Brees.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-24-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the bounty pic
Old 11-24-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I always say the Sproles/Graham combo of the Saints worries me more defensively than any other combo of players in the NFL. Sproles had 15 catches in that playoff game. Graham had 100 yards and a couple of scores. Can't wait to see this game.
Christ, I think already hear a WHO DAT outside my window.

Anyways, everytime Brees goes team I'm going to hold my breath. And I'm still wondering who the hell is going to cover Jimmy Graham. Unfortunately we don't have anyone fast enough or strong enough to keep him at bay. Sproles is going to be annoying too. Well, hopefully the defense delivers some hard hits to make their jobs a lot harder.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2012, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Love the bounty pic
Not nearly as much as I do.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

49ers baby!!!

49ers 35
Saints 17

Kaepernick is going to crush the Saints secondary and re-start their downfall just like we did last January.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

If Colin has a terrible game I don't want to hear your excuses Dan.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 08:21 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting CK to have a good game but in a loss
Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan don't get over excited there .Saints will bring there defense unlike the bears did. It will be much closer then your thinking.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints defense still sucks. As long as the offense starts by throwing deep right off the bat, it will push back their defense. Besides, Spags is their DC and we already know what he runs when he was the HC of the Rams. Not much of a difference, if any. Kaepernick is the offensive component that the team has been missing since Garcia. Kaepernick is going to tear the Saints defense apart, especially their crappy secondary.

Our defense will shutdown the Saints. They just have to watch Sproles and Graham. Granted, easier said than done but Brees isnt a threat to run and if we can get pressure on him just sending four, we should win easily.

No problem Ness. Kaepernick is our franchise QB. Smith is done, period. Kaepernick gave our offense something it hasnt had in a long ass time - a threat. Especially, passing. Being able to pass the ball down field opens up everything else on offense which makes us an even bigger threat.

If Kaepernick does good like he did against the Bears, I dont want to hear any execuses as to why he did good. I just hope that Harbaugh doesnt call any gimmick plays like the one on Monday night with Hunter looking to pass. I hate those whether its Kaepernick or Smith at QB. They rarely if ever work.

Kaepernick - 68%, 282 yds, 3 td, 0 int, 2 sacks, 0 fum
Old 11-25-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Breese has come alive already. Gonna score quick on this second drive.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

******* Ginn!!! I hate that guy. He's nowhere near what he was a year ago. Time to activate LaMichael James and let him return some punts as he cant do any worse.

In general, im actually happy that we're losing 14-7 because now with Kaepernick having a strong arm, we can see what Harbaugh does when trailing games. With Smith, whenever we got behind in games especially if it was 10+ points, you knew it was pretty much a loss but with Kaepernick's ability to throw deep downfield, we're never out of the game.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Agreed about getting James some touches on punt returns. I'm sure he is faster then Ginn as well. Seriously Ginn just need fair catch that ball .
Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Kaepernick's INT was bad but not all on him. What's with Goodwin??? Guy is playing like crap. Come on. Not going to help a second year QB with snapping the ball on the ground half the time.

Should be 14-14 at halftime but there's still 32 seconds left in the first half.

And we get the ball to start the second half.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Third quarter will belong to Kaepernick as long as Goodwin snaps him the ball in his hands instead of on the ground.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

*wipes forehead*

Bad pass by Kap to Moss in the endzone. Should have lobbed it towards the back sideline. Oh well. Overall, Kap is playing good. Not happy about that run on 3rd down. I would have tried another pass to Moss but lobbed instead of a bullet pass.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Damn Akers!!! :(
Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick stats from today

16/25, 231 yards, 64% accuracy, 9.24 YPA, 1 passing TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 INT, 0 sacks

Overall: 90.6 QBR (according to Fox on TV)

2-0 record as a starter

What i was impressed with in the Saints game: He scrambled around and extended a LOT of plays that could have been sacks. Some were called back due to penalty. He also had 3 drops, including a dime he threw across his body on 3rd and long to Crabtree in between 2 defenders. He also threw deep and took a lot of chances. Plain and simple we made more plays on offense. On FOX they said with Kaep we have almost as many 20 yard passing plays in 2 starts as we did the entire year before. He also threw a lot of balls in tight windows (on the long FG drive he ripped one in to Crabtree in between 2 defenders

What i was not impressed with: The INT. Bad snap caused him to be late reading the D, but he shouldn't have thrown it. He also struggled playclock awareness. Several times we had to call a TO, take a delay of game penalty, or just barely get the snap in time.

Overall: Solid B+, A- type performance. He's legit.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I think the play-clock struggles were partly the fault of the crowd noise.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Yeah baby!!! 31-21 win.

Kaepernick 16/25, 231, TD, INT.....rushing 6/27, TD

Okay. Not as good as I was predicting but I dont think he thows that INT if the snap wasnt low. Either way, big plays, converting on third downs and just more of an offensive threat period. In two games as a starter, Kaepernick has averaged 31.5ppg. Yeah, I know two scores came from our defense but im sure that happened in the games that Smith started last year in which we scored 30+ppg. Smith had three games as starting QB last year in which we scored 30+ppg, 4 if you count the playoff win. Smith with 3 this year. Overall, in 27 games, we've scored 30+ppg 7 times total. With Kaepernick, we already scored 30+ppg in his two starts. Wont be surprised if we surpass that before our season ends.

Kaepernick's arm and ability to throw downfield makes him the better choice. I have said it since last year. We need a passing attack. With Kaepernick's arm, we finally have one and obviously Harbaugh agrees.

Anyway, im a happy camper. I hope you guys are too.

Side notes -

1) Not happy with Akers. What's wrong with this guy?
2) Losing Williams and Hunter is going to hurt but thankfully, we have great depth at RB and WR.
3) Going to guess that with Hunter's injury and Ginn's fumble, LaMichael James will be active next week or at least im hoping.
4) The Seahawks and Cardinals lost. So happy.
5) Speaking of the Seahawks, both of their starting CB's are appealing a four game suspension for the use of Adderall (sp?). Guess that explains why they have been so good. LOL.

Bring on the RAMS!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

So who starts next week? We were the first offense to not break 400 yards against the Saints, and that was with 131 yards of YAC, which I think is the most we have had all season. The two pick-sixes and the broken up interception by Moss won that game
Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
So who starts next week? We were the first offense to not break 400 yards against the Saints, and that was with 131 yards of YAC, which I think is the most we have had all season. The two pick-sixes and the broken up interception by Moss won that game
Are you serious? Kap p;ayed great considering the adversity, Look how he did on third downs, you gotta be kidding me. Alex did a great job for us this year playing at a high level and we owe him a lot for last year, but it's Kap's job now, period. This offense needs to stay dynamic and hard to gameplan for.