Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
Still going O-line in the draft?
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think whether we go OL early depends on who's available in the 2nd, and I think there's not only a chance, but a certainty that guys like Warmack, Jones, and the other interior OL's fall. DeCastro was this can't miss OG prospect, and he fell to the last 1st RD when we all thought he'd be gone in the teens. Warmack may be a better college player, but may not be a better prospect, so he could fall. Jones could go where he should if a team values him as a C, but there's a chance teams see him as just another Ryan Lilja and he falls, I suppose. I think you'll see Dallas Thomas have a chance at going higher since he could play RT, and the other OG's should definitely be available.

I think the value has to be there for them to go OL, but if it is and they still pass on it, then I won't be too mad as long as they take a good defensive player. Oklahoma S Tony Jefferson or BA DE, please. I think our OL is playing very well lately. Now, if we cut Amano for cap reasons and don't re-sign Leroy Harris, then this could certainly change. We'll need a guy who can play immediately, so a higher pick would probably be used.

Now if we go defense in the 1st and 2nd, then yeah, I'd like a OG/C. I don't remember if Fernando Velasco is a FA, but it'd be nice to re-sign him. He replaced Amano, and after a few weeks, the line is suddenly paving lanes for CJ. Maybe Harris can come back too. Who the hell cares. I'm feeling generous!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we were ever going with an OL earlier than, say, the 3rd round anyway, unless amazing value fell to us in the 2nd. Most fans (me included) wanted us to, but what us fans want, and what the coaches/FO want are two different things seen from two different viewpoints. We'll probably nab an interior guy in the 3rd or 4th to plan for 1) Hutch getting old and 2) inevitable roster turnover due to FA. I think the only thing that changes this is, like I said earlier, if an amazing value falls into your lap.

The OL has really hit its groove lately and CJ has flipped the switch and looks like a completely different player than he has the past 1.5 years.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OL has been playing better lately after that horrid start -- especially with the run-blocking. And it would definitely be atypical for the Titans to invest a high-round draft pick on the OL, given our history. But, that said, the Titans really do need to think about injecting some early-round talent into the OL. After all, the last time that we spent a high-round pick on the OL was with Michael Roos (mid-2nd round) in the 2005 draft. That's 8 NFL seasons!!! The other guys -- Stewart, Harris, Amano, Stingily, Otto, etc. -- have all been mid-to-late round picks. We need some TALENT there.

Obviously, the interior OL is our biggest weakness on offense right now. But I'm not sure there's an OG/C worthy of the early-to-mid round pick that most people are predicting for us. Maybe we take someone like OT Taylor Lewan there and play him at OG until he's ready to take over for Roos/Stewart in a couple seasons, but it's probably unlikely for us.

It's probably more realistic that we take BPA at DL/DB in the 1st round and then hope that Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones, Khaled Holmes, Jonathan Cooper, Larry Warford, etc. falls to us in the 2nd round.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you, and I think we should. I just don't think we will.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not bitchin, so I don't have much to say lol. 3 INT's by our 3 starting LB's...today was a good day. McCarthy playing through pain, I may have a man crush.

The best two things to happen for our o-line this year was to have two starters go on IR. Valasco may have earned a spot for next season, I think he's been pretty solid. I see no way we'd want to resign Harris. A guy who's bounced around, Lutui, is probably every bit as good. I'd like to see us try to make the line dominant with a FA signing or draft pick fairly high. Maybe not likely going by the past, but the front office has been shuffled a bit, maybe we'll be more open to throw more talent in there.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you Bobo. Looks to me like Velasco is on his way to being starting center going into next year if he keeps this up. They still need to find a solution at RG. Whether it's through FA or the 2nd-3rd round of the draft. Hutch will probably retire or be cut after 2013.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Akeem Ayers is a nigerian prince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm with you Bobo. Looks to me like Velasco is on his way to being starting center going into next year if he keeps this up. They still need to find a solution at RG. Whether it's through FA or the 2nd-3rd round of the draft. Hutch will probably retire or be cut after 2013.
Well we know our tackles will be here for awhile, and Valasco is young if he's gonna be an adequate starter. Hutch has been solid imo, another year or two may be fine there. An upgrade over Harris may be enough to be "good enough" for the line, but I like the idea of a Pro Bowl type at RG, a guy to take the line as a whole over the top.

I like our skill players on O and we have a lot invested in them, I'm not sure at the moment how we could spend a high pick on any position other than the line. I'd guess they'd still not take O-line in the first, maybe not even the 2nd for a guard. Otoh, we know we can use help on D fo sho.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll only take LT's in the 1st RD. They don't value the other linemen positions enough to use a pick that high on them. I think LT and C are worth 1st RD picks, but my guess is they don't even value C that high.

So the earliest we're looking at is 2nd RD. And the thing is, Leroy Harris is a FA. I believe Fernando Velasco is a FA as well. Deuce Lutui is a FA. Kevin Matthews is a RFA. And Eugene Amano starts hitting his backloaded money in his contract, so cutting him to clear cap space is a possibility. There could possibly be two openings in the OL, and no matter how good of a coach Munch and Matthews are, unless they sign/re-sign/keep somebody, they'll need an early pick if they want him to start early.

Roos started at RT his rookie season before he switched over to LT because he had the ability and was prepared to do so. A 5th-7th RD pick will need at least a year to develop, unless he's a freak like David Stewart who steps in his second season and plays like a seasoned vet. If they don't sign anyone to fill these vacant spots, then perhaps they'll be more enticed to take a more talented OL, such as Dallas Thomas or Jonathan Cooper, so they can fill the void. And perhaps if a talent like Jones or Warmack falls to their 2nd pick, they'll be enticed to take him since they could then have the flexibility to cut Amano and replace him with the cheaper rookie (Warmack has gotten some C projection due to his height).

I'd like to think a guy like Larry Warford, Alvin Bailey, or Khaled Holmes could start at OG or C as rookies, and they could be around our 3rd RD pick. These are probably the more realistic options, and honestly, they're not bad at all. Guys like Warford and Bailey have tons of potential.

Personally, I'd like to re-sign Velasco, let Harris walk unless he'll re-sign for vet min (He's amazing depth as a swing guy, and can play all the positions except for LT), cut Amano, and then plan to draft an interior OL in the 2nd-3rd RD's. Then let Harris and the rookie battle it out for the RG spot, in which I'd hope the rookie wins.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:13 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't help but think when I see our linebackers on the CBS graphic and think back to the Mighty Ducks movie and the Oreo line. Still I love them, the linebackers...well Oreos too, but that's besides the point. At least there is a positive from this year's defence. Need more Mike Martin!

As for the draft, I do want a O-Line player, but right now I really want to address the defence the first two rounds, unless someone falls to our second pick like a Warmack or Jones. It seems like there are some good safeties that should be available in the 2nd. I'm hoping Mingo falls to us in the first. I was watching the Miss St-LSU game on Saturday and before the snap, he had both arms going trying to get the crowd loud, you just can't teach those kind of intangibles.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Bjoern Werner
+
2) Matt Elam
+
3) Barrett Jones
=
Me
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Our team photo this year is hysterical.

Rusty looking like a serious giraffe, Kendall looking like a 2nd grader, Nate completely cheesing it (best part imo), Zach Brown looking the wrong way, Jamie Harper looking like he's wearing a titan blue garbage bag, and wtf is that on Griffin's forehead?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Is that Damian Williams or Dave Chapelle?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Craig Stevens missed the memo I guess.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I feel naked without a game this week.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I feel naked without a game this week.
It's a good thing for me. Worked today and would have missed the first 3 quarters.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Another step towards a higher draft pick. The talk of playoffs was a bit too hopeful for this team :-/
Old 11-25-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

5-11 finish is looming.
I hate so much about what this team chooses to be.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well at least Zach Brown has been lights out for a few weeks running now. Boom/bust pick and it looks like its gonna pay off.

I don't particularly like our coaching staff, nor our overall approach/gameplans/schemes.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It probably wouldn't be as tough to take had we not been coming off a Bye week.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

So, um... apparently we've fired Chris Palmer and Dowell Loggains is now OC.

How and why does this happen mid-season? And how is Jerry Gray not fired first/as well?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So, um... apparently we've fired Chris Palmer and Dowell Loggains is now OC.

How and why does this happen mid-season? And how is Jerry Gray not fired first/as well?
Draft position
Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Can I have Norv Turner? I don't think it's asking a lot to have Norv Turner. In fact, I deserve Norv Turner.

So fire him already, San Diego! Jeez!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Half way there to new coordinators!