Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-25-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs lost, Vikes lost, Seahawks lost, Giants have a very good chance to lose to the Packers as do the Saints vs the Niners. What pisses me off so much about us failing is there are so many chances for this team to take control of a playoff spot. Everyone is lined up with 5 losses but we can never capitalize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree to an extent. He doesn't need an elite line, because he improvises. It helps sure, but with the right plays called it'd work. Our WR's and TE's are fine. Our defense is fine. With the personnel as is this team could win a SB, it'd be much much harder without Murray but it could be done. You just can't win a SB by committing a ton of penalties, every week, same ones.

I mean when your playing sandlot ball without any direction or coaching what can you expect.

Whose bright idea was it to QB sneak on 1st and 10? hahahahahahahahah. I can't even get mad at that. Why is it that me, sitting at home, can see the downs and markers, can see the previous play was good for a 1st, but everyone on the sidelines seems to be on another planet thinking it's short so we burn a down.

I mean, those plays sum up this team perfectly. If Jerry gives JG another year next year that'll be my breaking point. I can live with ill-timed onside kicks, going for 2, gut check calls. I can't live with the same false start penalties every week, stalling in the red zone for a FG, and only running the no huddle when we are down 17 points. JG I think is too smart for his own good, but he's so terrible at mandatory coaching functions it's not even funny. I'm just tired of talking about it at this point, I'd rather tank and secure Jake Mathews + a new HC.
well if you fire garrett who you gonna replace him with and don't say cowher or gruden cuz IT AINT HAPPENIN

im fed up with the opie the robot myself but the only hope is they fix the o-line, the young players continue to improve and hope for a season of good health. JG aint goin nowhere no time soon. so once we all face that sad reality, the letdown of losing won't be so bad
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Bucs lost, Vikes lost, Seahawks lost, Giants have a very good chance to lose to the Packers as do the Saints vs the Niners. What pisses me off so much about us failing is there are so many chances for this team to take control of a playoff spot. Everyone is lined up with 5 losses but we can never capitalize.
Once we get our RB back, this Cowboys team will start to make noise.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
well if you fire garrett who you gonna replace him with and don't say cowher or gruden cuz IT AINT HAPPENIN

im fed up with the opie the robot myself but the only hope is they fix the o-line, the young players continue to improve and hope for a season of good health. JG aint goin nowhere no time soon. so once we all face that sad reality, the letdown of losing won't be so bad
There's no shortage of candidates that are better than Garrett. Even if you strongly think Cowher and Gruden aren't coming (I tend to agree), the excuse cannot be, "who else are you gonna get?"
Old 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

Disgusting:(

I don't know what to make of the rest of the season.

I'm spent. Go Cowboys!
As bad as that looks, I still think Rob can hold this defense together. His challenge just got a hell of a lot tougher, but I believe in Rob.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Tim Cowlishaw ‏@TimCowlishaw
Make of this what u like. If Packers win tonight and NFC East home teams win next week, Giants, Wash and, yes, Dallas will be tied at 6-6.

This is crazy! Part of me wants to win out but a part of me would rather lose out and get a high draft pick and maybe a new HC. IDK...If we were to make the playoffs what would our chances be without Lee, Carter, Scandrick, Church, Coleman, maybe Ratliff? And Hatcher is dinged up too. Not to mention our offense is banged up to and who knows if/when Murray, Costa, Austin, Smith, Cook, might come back? What do you guys think/prefer?
I hate seeing the Cowboys lose. I don't give a damn if they're 1-14 looking at a number 1 pick if they lose. I want to see them win no matter what. Plus it's been proven time and time again that an overall good draft is better than having some high pick because there's talent everywhere. How else do you think Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, and Philly have accumulated so much talent over the years. They barely ever have high picks, but they make sure to get good guys everywhere instead of relying on, "OMG we gotta get this one guy!"

I don't think that Garrett's job will rely on losses at this point unless it gets super horrid where the team gets blown out and loses the rest of the season. My heart couldn't take that. Hell my heart can't even take this crap now. These Cowboys are going to kill me before I hit 30.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
There's no shortage of candidates that are better than Garrett. Even if you strongly think Cowher and Gruden aren't coming (I tend to agree), the excuse cannot be, "who else are you gonna get?"
Well then give me some candidates bc imo garrett is the only coach who's willing to put up with a meddling owner
Old 11-25-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well then give me some candidates bc imo garrett is the only coach who's willing to put up with a meddling owner
Completely false. Didn't the hire of Bill Parcells teach you anything? Jerry can go out and surprise people about hiring a good HC.

Heck Bill Callahan would be better than Garrett if you need a name.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the misnomer about Jerry not hiring coaches that would bump heads with him is pretty ridiculous. Same is true for Coaches not wanting to work with Jerry. I think he's shown over the years that he's willing to try any coaching personality he thinks will lead his team to a SB.

You guys forget that Jerry wants to win, first and foremost...and he's shown that he's willing to do that at any cost. The "Jerry the GM" BS is just that...BS. I think the coaches/scouts have the greatest say on who they want on the team, and it's discussed from there. The Cowboys aren't good right now because the transition from Parcells to Wade to Garrett was problematic...mostly because from '08-2010...Wade & Co. had some pretty terrible drafts. JG has shown over the last couple years that he has a knack for drafting and is obviously overturning the roster...but the core of this roster is from Parcells, and is transitioning to Garrett's core....

I don't think there's a single HC'ing candidate that Jerry wouldn't work with, except maybe Cowher..but I want no parts of Cowher in Dallas anyways...so that's a good thing.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Completely false. Didn't the hire of Bill Parcells teach you anything? Jerry can go out and surprise people about hiring a good HC.

Heck Bill Callahan would be better than Garrett if you need a name.
And after parcells who was in line for the job next norv turner and wade. I would love if payton or holmgren came here but unless jerry is gonna give up gm role and runnin his mouth about personnel over the hc, any good coach is gonna say no thank you. The only hc that would come in here would be the same as jg and wp a puppet whos okay with jerry usurping his credibilty

The best thing to hope for is we hire someone to run the offense

And as for callahan that would be good idea if we were trying to get the #1 pick in the draft, he had 1 great season wuth grudwn players and then went 4-12, heck he flopped in college he is not hc material
Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I think the misnomer about Jerry not hiring coaches that would bump heads with him is pretty ridiculous. Same is true for Coaches not wanting to work with Jerry. I think he's shown over the years that he's willing to try any coaching personality he thinks will lead his team to a SB.

You guys forget that Jerry wants to win, first and foremost...and he's shown that he's willing to do that at any cost. The "Jerry the GM" BS is just that...BS. I think the coaches/scouts have the greatest say on who they want on the team, and it's discussed from there. The Cowboys aren't good right now because the transition from Parcells to Wade to Garrett was problematic...mostly because from '08-2010...Wade & Co. had some pretty terrible drafts. JG has shown over the last couple years that he has a knack for drafting and is obviously overturning the roster...but the core of this roster is from Parcells, and is transitioning to Garrett's core....

I don't think there's a single HC'ing candidate that Jerry wouldn't work with, except maybe Cowher..but I want no parts of Cowher in Dallas anyways...so that's a good thing.
Yeah he wants to win but he wants to be involved too much and be the face of the franchise. Every good coach weve had parcells and jimmy it didnt last bc jerry got too close. Jerry wants to win but he wants to win his way and he has already to said as long as he is the owner he's going to be the gm and make the Personnel decisions
Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy and Jerry had their issues.

Parcells and Jerry didn't really have any issues..Parcells just quit, and he hasn't coached since.

Jerry's a talker...at the end of the day if he brings in a coach he respects he's going to lean heavily on that coach. He'll continue to talk talk talk talk though. There's no stopping that. I think people misunderstand the GM role in other organizations, there's quite a bit of discussion that goes on between coaches/scouts/front office. That's the same thing that happens here.

Jerry the GM fails in the same area that Cowboys fans fail at...and that's rating the current talent on the roster, and then giving out contracts based on those flawed ratings. How that talent got on the roster has more to do with the coaches/scouts than I think it does with Jerry hand picking like everyone thinks.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-25-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Jimmy and Jerry had their issues.

Parcells and Jerry didn't really have any issues..Parcells just quit, and he hasn't coached since.

Jerry's a talker...at the end of the day if he brings in a coach he respects he's going to lean heavily on that coach. He'll continue to talk talk talk talk though. There's no stopping that. I think people misunderstand the GM role in other organizations, there's quite a bit of discussion that goes on between coaches/scouts/front office. That's the same thing that happens here.
Parcells didnt necessarily quit he didn't want to coach anymore he wanted to be the gm. So why isnt he here, bc jerry wants to be the guy making football decisions and that wasnt gonna happen.

Dan reeves was supposed to be a consultant but it only last 2 days why? JJ

Wade phillips wanted to hire hof'er emmitt thomas as the secondary but who ended up the being the db coach campo why? Bc he was jj guy

These type of things will keep away good coaches bc the perception is jerry is the defacto hc and perecption is reality from outside looking in
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And after parcells who was in line for the job next norv turner and wade. I would love if payton or holmgren came here but unless jerry is gonna give up gm role and runnin his mouth about personnel over the hc, any good coach is gonna say no thank you. The only hc that would come in here would be the same as jg and wp a puppet whos okay with jerry usurping his credibilty

The best thing to hope for is we hire someone to run the offense

And as for callahan that would be good idea if we were trying to get the #1 pick in the draft, he had 1 great season wuth grudwn players and then went 4-12, heck he flopped in college he is not hc material
You asked who was better than Garrett. Not who would be my choices for HC. Two different things. There are a million names I could think of better than Garrett, but only a handful of names I want as HC.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Parcells didnt necessarily quit he didn't want to coach anymore he wanted to be the gm. So why isnt he here, bc jerry wants to be the guy making football decisions and that wasnt gonna happen.

Dan reeves was supposed to be a consultant but it only last 2 days why? JJ

Wade phillips wanted to hire hof'er emmitt thomas as the secondary but who ended up the being the db coach campo why? Bc he was jj guy

These type of things will keep away good coaches bc the perception is jerry is the defacto hc and perecption is reality from outside looking in
Yeah, we won't be hiring a guy who wants to have the HC/GM title. But Jerry will certainly let his coach make personnel decisions including FA signings and drafting players that the coach wants.

Wasn't it Jerry's idea to have Reeves because he thought Garrett might be too wet behind the ears? I thought it was Garrett who didn't want him.

Wade has no backbone. Period.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, we won't be hiring a guy who wants to have the HC/GM title. But Jerry will certainly let his coach make personnel decisions including FA signings and drafting players that the coach wants.

Wasn't it Jerry's idea to have Reeves because he thought Garrett might be too wet behind the ears? I thought it was Garrett who didn't want him.

Wade has no backbone. Period.
Reeves failed because he wanted to have more control than just "consultant". The terms broke down in CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS not after he was hired. He started work without a contract and left when an agreement wasn't struck.

The media kick started the "JJ was the cause of Reeves leaving" because who wants to read about failed contract negotiations? BSPN loves the Cowboys from both angles. When we are good we are SB material and it's a lovefest. When we are bad we are EXCELLENT for news.

Quote:
Rich Dalrymple, the Dallas Cowboys Public Relations Director issued this statement Wednesday evening, "We had two very good days of dialogue with Dan Reeves, and both the Cowboys and Dan had an interest in working together. By Wednesday afternoon, we were unable to reach an agreement on all of the details of a contract, and both parties were comfortable with the fact that Dan would not be joining the organization.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only veteran coach/gm option I could possibly see is Mike Holmgren and the gm part would be a stretch. It would be more like the personel decisions Parcells had not complete control. Stephen Jones is our GM, Jerry has been quietly giving more and more responsibility to his son while he continues to run the dog and pony show for the media. He has actually become very good at manipulating the cap and the scouting dept is finally starting to hit on prospects in the money rounds.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
The only veteran coach/gm option I could possibly see is Mike Holmgren and the gm part would be a stretch. It would be more like the personel decisions Parcells had not complete control. Stephen Jones is our GM, Jerry has been quietly giving more and more responsibility to his son while he continues to run the dog and pony show for the media. He has actually become very good at manipulating the cap and the scouting dept is finally starting to hit on prospects in the money rounds.
Don't say that too loud, it doesn't fit into the narrative that Jerry rules the Cowboys with an iron thumb.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh yea, gotta love these excuses. Because the only good coaches are the huge names right? And JG is the only one who will work with a meddling owner? Lol. Half these big names available right now are waiting for a job like the Cowboys to become available or they are staying away so if anything it's attractive to those coaches.

But beyond though, why do we always have to act like there is a shortage of good Head Coaches? Because since we can't get Gruden or Cowher we should stay right where we are because it's not possible we can do any better anywhere right?

How big of a name was Mike Smith when he went to Atlanta? How about Chuck Pagano? You do realize that coordinators move on to make excellent Head Coaches right? It doesn't only have to be previous SB winners or you struck out. John Harbaugh was coaching special teams. There just needs to be a change, we don't have to get a big name or else we will fail to get a great Head Coach. Look around the league right now, a ton of great quality coaches came from nowhere with little to no hype.

How about Chip Kelly? He's going to get some attention and his offense fits the way the NFL is trending. How about Vic Fangio? He's had the Niners running a machine on defense the last two years, and would do wonders here with our unit. Once we get some safeties he could turn this D around, and I can guarantee you he'll be a HC very soon, probably next year. His time as a coordinator is about up.

Let's not play the "well JG is the only one who will put up with Jerry and the big names won't come anyway so this is the best we can do" game. You don't have to get a HC who has a long track record or is going to the HOF, you just need a change in culture around here. I'd more then welcome a first time Head Coach, it's not a guarantee and can end up like Raheem Morris but a ton of great coaches got 1 opportunity and have turned their outlook as a Head Coach completely around.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the theory of bringing in a HC who specializes in special teams. It allows the OC and DC to run their units, while your HC can act as an outside voice but never focusing too much on one unit or the other. I think it would also help the HC do the job he was hired to do, manage the sideline, in-game situations, and act as the one commanding voice in the locker room.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I actually like the theory of bringing in a HC who specializes in special teams. It allows the OC and DC to run their units, while your HC can act as an outside voice but never focusing too much on one unit or the other. I think it would also help the HC do the job he was hired to do, manage the sideline, in-game situations, and act as the one commanding voice in the locker room.
Dave Toub fits that to a T. I wouldn't hate a scenario where we keep Rob on as DC and bring in someone to run the offense (Norv Turner?).

Toub (HC/ST)
Ryan (DC)
Turner (OC)

Just begs the question if it would be too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
With as bad as our ST has been me too, I'm just bad at drumming up names of interest for ST coaches, I don't know many. Philosophy is a big thing for me now I'm trying to focus on. When Schiano was hired, he made it an emphasis to load up on the offensive line and get a 3 down back to run the football. That was the first thing he wanted to do, we tend to get too cute for our own good.

I also think it's interesting the Niners still use Leonard Davis. He's probably an upgrade for us here is what's funny. If your a power running team, and tell him to go forward, he still mauls people like no other. At least he generates a push, he's just a terrible fit when you want to pass 50+ times a game in a wide open offense. Watch him next time the Niners play, he's like a road grader because he can just use his strength in close space.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all of the injuries we've suffered and the way our OL has played, I'm pretty much throwing the towel in on the season. I'm a fairly optimistic guy, but I don't see how we can overcome those setbacks and contend the remainder of the year. I will still be rooting as hard as I always do, but my expectations aren't that high. I think we'll end up 7-9 or 8-8.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm a fan of Barkley but I can't say I'm A FAAAAAN. Ya know what I mean?

This team is too close to have to start over at QB. With Barkley, we're still complaining about OL and S. Before I'm ready to start over at QB, I think we should shore it up first. The Niners did that and it doesn't really matter who the QB is. lol.

I've been debating each week whether I should make a mock with us taking a QB, but I keep going back to this. We have too many vets that are ready to win now.

Whether we like it or not... It's all aboard the Romocoaster for us.
I'm not ready to start over at QB yet. I'd rather see us sure up the OL or at S with our 1st round pick. And invest our 2nd or 3rd rounder in a QB that could step in and be the next franchise QB.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This has been an absolutely awful sports year. Longhorns are completely average, Cowboys are a huge mess, Kings are the definition of bottom feeders.. my favorite young Cowboy in Bruce Carter is probably done for the year now. I'm not sure it can get any worse.

Also, Matt Barkley will be average. And with this offensive line, say hello to the next Matt Cassel.

We need to completely scrap everything outside of LT, preferably with high draft picks. We need a complete OL overhaul, it'll improve us immediately in the short term and it'll set itself up to have good to very good protection for our QBOTF
I'm not even that sold on Smith at this point. He's regressed some in my opinion. Yes he's at LT now and it's a bit harder, but maybe I'm the only one that hasn't been all that impressed with him this year.