Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Are you serious? Kap p;ayed great considering the adversity, Look how he did on third downs, you gotta be kidding me. Alex did a great job for us this year playing at a high level and we owe him a lot for last year, but it's Kap's job now, period. This offense needs to stay dynamic and hard to gameplan for.
He's not serious.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why wouldn't I be serious? Harbaugh said he goes with the guy with the hot hand and, watching that game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, I don't think Kaep has the hot hand anymore. I wasn't opposed to starting Kaepernick after his performance against the Bears given Harbaugh's rationale but, given that same reasoning, would be start again this week?

Don't get me wrong. I am happy we won and I think Kaepernick played okay. But okay against one of the worst defenses in the NFL isn't something I am happy about. We are the first team to not break 400 yards against the Saints and we only scored 17 offensive points. Should we just be content with that? If we can only score 17 against one of the worst defenses what is going to happen when we play good defenses?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick should be the full-time starter.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sold on Kaepernick yet. I expected more of him today and he disappointed me.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Should we just be content with that? If we can only score 17 against one of the worst defenses what is going to happen when we play good defenses?
Good defenses like ... the Bears?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am not sold on Kaepernick yet. I expected more of him today and he disappointed me.
dude whatever, i'm happy and done, its kap's job, on to stl
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
Are you serious? Kap played great considering the adversity, Look how he did on third downs, you gotta be kidding me. Alex did a great job for us this year playing at a high level and we owe him a lot for last year, but it's Kap's job now, period. This offense needs to stay dynamic and hard to gameplan for.
Exactly. Kaepernick makes our offense an explosive threat which we havent had in a decade. Time to keep it that way because like I have said, if we had a passing attack and can score 30+ppg, we're unstoppable. Only way we lose is if we do stupid crap and lose the game ourselves.

Here's another reason why I think Harbaugh went with Kaepernick for today's game and why I think he'll stay with him -

Akers. He hasnt been as good as he was last season and I think that Harbaugh sees and knows that. In order to overcome that, you have to score more TD's and to do that Kaepernick is our best option.

Side note -

Extend Roman and Fangio NOW. I dont want to lose these guys. Both offense and defense are playing excellent. Time to make sure that we dont lose either coordinator.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Like i said...not serious.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Let me rephrase, good defenses that actually have a gameplan in place for him. I would love to see Kaepernick become the franchise QB but I haven't seen enough from him to say he is yet.

I would also love to see the 49ers win the Super Bowl this year and I haven't seen enough to think that Kaepernick gives us the best shot to do that
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually agree with Dan, oddly enough, with his concern about Aikers. You cannot miss this many field goals and be an NFL starter. I mean, for poop's sake, how the **** you miss some easy FGs?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Borat
All-NFLDC

Only heard the radio broadcast today, but the announcer said he thought Akers was injured. That was before the 4th quarter miss.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Only heard the radio broadcast today, but the announcer said he thought Akers was injured. That was before the 4th quarter miss.
He looked a little gimpy after one of the PAT's. Might have been run into.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Sorry if I sound pessimistic but maybe I am still looking at a guy who went,

29/47 (61.7%)
552 yards
11.7 YPA
2 TD
0 INT
116.6 QB rating
2-0 record

In his first two starts with us. People were clamoring for him being the QBOTF as well. That didn't turn out too well

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-25-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Also hats off to our pass rush. They dominated the 2nd half. Clutch!

Think Aldon could break the sack record? He has 16.5 through 11 games.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Akers is hurt, even more reason to ramp up the offensive production and score more TD's.

Playing that consertative crap and scoring only FG's isnt going to cut it anymore. We need TD's, big plays, third down conversions, etc. and we get that with Kaepernick.

Abaddon talks about us only scoring 17 points against the Saints but that includes a missed FG, a blocked FG, penalities on the OL and that crappy call on Crabtree where he was ruled down but wasnt. He should have kept running, scored a TD and then Harbaugh should have challenged the play.

I could care less about the yards. Yards dont mean anything to me. Its the points that count and we scored 31. Yeah, I know the defense accounted for 14 but with Kaepernick as the starter, we've averaged 31.5ppg. With Smith, our average is under 24ppg and that includes defensive scores, special team returns, etc. Bottom line is that Kaepernick gives us a FAR BETTER CHANCE of winning the Super Bowl than Smith does period.

Anyway, enough of this. Kaepernick baby!!! On to crappy Saint Louis.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

A lot of factors worked against CK today (penalties, drops, snaps, crowd noise, game-management situations calling for runs, etc) and he still shined. Very proud of him.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Also, we might see our draft class now. Williams and Hunter are injured, time for Jenkins and James to shine...
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

A lot of factors worked for Kaepernick as well, Moss saving an interception and more than half of his yardage coming on YAC to name just a couple. These things cancelled out the problems and he had an average game against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. The last time Smith played a bottom 10 defense he went 18/24 for 303 yards with three touchdowns.

If Smith had that exact same game today and the 49ers won the way they did all of the talk would be about how the defense bailed him out or how he just drove the bus. At least have some consistency.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-25-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Alex would have lost this game. I'm certain of it.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

That seems like a strange thing to say considering his play the two weeks before he got hurt, heck even his play for the majority of the season. He hasn't played a defense as bad as the Saints and has played better for most of the season than Kaepernick did today. You think Smith wouldn't have led the offense to eight or more points against the Saints?
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Brees finished the day 2-of-9 for 76 yards and an interception on throws deeper than 10 yards downfield, his worst completion percentage on those throws in the last five seasons.

Sunday was the first time this season Brees had more overthrown passes (three) than completions (two) on those throws.

Though Kaepernick had an interception of his own, he was 4-for-8 for 98 yards on throws of that length. That included a pair of third down completions to Delanie Walker, extending drives that resulted in a touchdown and a field goal.
Quote:
For the season, Kaepernick is 11-for-18 with three touchdowns and no interceptions on his outside-the-pocket throws. Smith is 9-for-19 on such throws with one touchdown and one interception.

Kaepernick has converted first downs nine times on his 18 outside-the-pocket throws. Smith has converted only four of 19.
http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/po...-multiple-ways
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty content with moving away from Smith after this season.Leave CK starting the rest of the year.Let Smith walk. Pick up a old vet or just a vet for back up reasons and just open up our offense .

I just wanna see us play against the Pats Defense.They always seem to be good IMO.If we can win against the Pats we can beat any one. If it will be in NE I can't wait.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kap is the qb of the future. Accept the win, shut up and move on

Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

I am not just going to be happy about starting a QB that I don't feel like gives us the best chance to win this year. I don't disagree about Kaepernick being the QBOTF. I don't agree with it either. I haven't seen enough to make a decision on that.

But I have seen enough to believe that Smith gives us the best chance to win this season
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Smith a better chance for us?He would some how lost the game today. I don't our offense would have been as explosive on some of the pass plays. Give Kap one more week against Stl to really shine then another test against NE. He will open it up even more I'm sure.
Closed Thread