Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
well that was gnarly. Losses to the skins and saints followed by a sweep of the birds upcoming?
Sounds about right, yes! We will go 9-7 or 10-6, at most.

@Skins-divisional game, those are always tough, and now they have Bob.
Saints- Nemesis opponents, but they are more beatable at home.
@Falcons-Best record in the league, but I think that team has taken advantage of soft schedule
@Ravens- Tough road game, but these kinds of games are typical Giants signature wins.
Philly- We lose. We almost always lose against Philly.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No hand off now. Hovering not touching. But we did things that I wanted them. New formations! New plays! Separation because of these new plays. On defense we played well.

You see, I posted this on BBI, I think as a staff we fail to adjust before the bye. So as the weeks go, we have more film on tape, and teams via scouting do very well. Today EVERYTHING was new. Now, do we have a lot more? As the season unfolds what then?

I loved the new stuff! It was amazing! Split back formation was great to see!
Yep! Two losses in a row the next two weeks, and I will be pushing again, lol.

Yeah, at least to the untrained eye, it looked much fresher on offense today. The screen was a thing of beauty, I've never seen that version before! Hope this continues!

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown being out BLOWS.

Jersey Joe or Scott with more touches now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Yep! Two losses in a row the next two weeks, and I will be pushing again, lol.

Yeah, at least to the untrained eye, it looked much fresher on offense today. The screen was a thing of beauty, I've never seen that version before! Hope this continues!
I am not sure! We have Eli who has blazing speed, and can lower his shoulder like Tebow! I almost fell out of my seat watching him take off and lower the shoulder.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
I am not sure! We have Eli who has blazing speed, and can lower his shoulder like Tebow! I almost fell out of my seat watching him take off and lower the shoulder.
Hahaha, yeah I laughed at that. I can totally picture Eli thinking "This might be a nice way to make a statement to my teammates". But he just looks so awkward and unathletic running and blocking!

I still remember his chickenwing block from last year in the packers playoff game. It looked so awkward.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And this is why I don't worry about the team until we really have too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
can't spell elusive without eli
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And this is why I don't worry about the team until we really have too.
And with ELi's new found amazing running ability, I am very happy and it makes us lethal!

: )
Old 11-25-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was a great game indeed. I'll give it to Scotty, Chase played fired up tonight. He was shooting the gaps and really making some nice plays.

I'll give credit to Perry too. To hold the Packers offense to 10 points is pretty damn good. And I'm no expert like BBD, but it seemed like he was calling a lot more blitzes with A gap pressure. Seemed to really make an impact and open things up for our rushers.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we lose to the Saints and Eagles and finish 10-6. Skins game will be close but we have more tape on RG3 and know what to look for. The Saints own us. The Falcons are exactly the type of team that we step up big against and same for the Ravens(which wil be a dirty, gritty, close win), but the Eagles beat us in a game where we get to pull our starters at the half.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scumbag Gilbride

Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damnit guys. I missed the game because jet lag knocked me the **** out, one of yall needs to BBD it up and do an extensive break down. Or I need to find a way to rewatch the game online.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I liked was a lot of the adjustments we wanted during the bye week happened:

1. Rolle was playing nickel CB again instead of Hosely. HUGE difference. He took Cobb out of the game and that made a big difference. Rolle is an excellent nickel CB and while I'd love to have him at S, until we get a nickel CB that plays as well as Rolle, he should stay there. This was also bc Kenny came back and we ran the 3 safety set again, which should be our base defense from now on.

2. More touches for Brown. Unfortunatley he's done for the season. But props to the staff for recognizing that he needed more touches.

3. Used Beckum more. I hate him too, but we needed to try some different sets.

4. Brewer played. The staff didn't want that to happen, but an injury forced their hand.

5. More blitzes. We did a lot of 5 man rushes last night. But honestly, it wasn't a scheme thing last night. The DL dominated, and when the DL fires on all cylinders, our defense is just a different unit alltogether.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other observations:

1. The impact of Kenny: We were lights out down the field all game long, the second he gets hurt and Sash comes in, Cobb is WIDE OPEN down the middle of the field for a TD but Rodgers couldn't find him bc of pressure. That's what Kenny means to the back end of this defense.

2. NYG is right. Teams figured out our options. I saw many times the defenders baited our WRs into options then jumping the routes. They know our WR rules, and know that the WR will run a certain option based on how the defender plays them. So what teams are doing is having their defenders give them a certain look, then know where the route is going bc they know the WR rules, then they jump the route. Either we change our WR rules, or run less options, bc right now, teams figured out our passing game and it's a serious problem. I know it didn't look it superficially last night, but keep in mind that Eli still only threw 50% and for 200 yards against a soft zone defense. It's still a problem.

3. Tackling was much better last night. Chase had a great game. The problem with our LB core is they don't make plays on their own. When our DL is on fire, our LB core is not a problem. When the DL isn't dominating, we can't expect our LB core to make a play on their own. So the lack of talent in the LB core will remain until we get upgrades, but we should keep in mind it really just boils down to our DL. When they're on, everything else sorts itself out.

4. I love Corey. He had a nice bounceback after that rough play but let's face it, he's not the same Corey Webster anymore. He actually got beat several times off the jam but the deep safety saved him. He can't be trusted in iso man anymore. Ironically, Prince can however. Prince has been lights out all season and is our best CB now. He should be put on the opposition's 1 from now on.

5. Nicks still doesn't have his burst. And quite frankly, probably won't have it all season. He is what he is this season. We're gonna have to make up for it elsewhere. Unfortunately for us, I still haven't seen a consistent 3rd threat emerge and it's a problem.

6. Time for Wilson to show us what he can do.

7. I love the way we won and the way we played. But just like our losses, let's not overreact to our wins either. That was a battered GB team that didn't bring it.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
2. NYG is right. Teams figured out our options. I saw many times the defenders baited our WRs into options then jumping the routes. They know our WR rules, and know that the WR will run a certain option based on how the defender plays them. So what teams are doing is having their defenders give them a certain look, then know where the route is going bc they know the WR rules, then they jump the route. Either we change our WR rules, or run less options, bc right now, teams figured out our passing game and it's a serious problem. I know it didn't look it superficially last night, but keep in mind that Eli still only threw 50% and for 200 yards against a soft zone defense. It's still a problem.
Thank you BBD my friend. I pointed that out on BBI. Even yesterday, on 3rd down remember Cruz running an option route, which was a square in, however, their CB got to his landmark before Cruz did. That's excellent route reading. Very good!

I did see some goods things! We added couple new formations and plays off it. I HATE THE STUPID FADE PLAY! Let me say it again.. I HATE THAT STUPID FADE PLAY! We did that damn play over and over. Stop! Just stop! Come up with something else please! Roll out, sprint out, and score that way. We need another WR step up. Hixon didn't play, so RR had a TD, but we need more!

It can't be the Cruz and Nicks show with guest appearances by MB, and RR. WE need more. We need a reoccuring appearance but just a guest spot.

Our WR rules in our system has been figured out. I said it before and I truly believe it's an issue. Mario M. for SF looked so much faster in that system because he is not processing post snap reads and what he is supposed to do. A pivot route is what he had and he ran the heck out of it. It was a great play.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brown is a huge loss. I hope Wilson is ready even though they are totally different types of RBs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

He has to be. Ready or not, here he comes. I am guessing we may sign a FA as well for depth. But now this is Wilson's time.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did see some goods things! We added couple new formations and plays off it. I HATE THE STUPID FADE PLAY! Let me say it again.. I HATE THAT STUPID FADE PLAY! We did that damn play over and over. Stop! Just stop! Come up with something else please! .
Seems like that play was working really well for you guys during the playoff run last year to Nicks though. Eli was getting some air under the ball and Nicks was out jumping everyone, seems lately Eli has been over throwing it. On those just put some air under it and give the WR a chance, I love that play to Nicks for you guys, more so then a HB dive on the goal line. Nicks is tough to stop there if he can get his hands on it.

Great game from you guys though, I'm expecting a big December from Wilson too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He has to be. Ready or not, here he comes. I am guessing we may sign a FA as well for depth. But now this is Wilson's time.
We gave Addai a workout 2 weeks ago. Might bring him in if we see struggles next week

Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footba...rned-1.4259971

KP is fine. Says he could have retuned but it was a blowout

Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8129--nfl.html

Black Unicorn strikes again! The dude has had some great quotes this year.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So we beat Washington next week and we win the division pretty much. I hope we put Bob in his place.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-26-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Seems like that play was working really well for you guys during the playoff run last year to Nicks though. Eli was getting some air under the ball and Nicks was out jumping everyone, seems lately Eli has been over throwing it. On those just put some air under it and give the WR a chance, I love that play to Nicks for you guys, more so then a HB dive on the goal line. Nicks is tough to stop there if he can get his hands on it.

Great game from you guys though, I'm expecting a big December from Wilson too.
Nicks can't lift the same way this year. That's part of the problem too. One of the fades, he put it on the money and it went through his hands too. I didn't particularly like how we were running up the score on them. Not typical of Coughlin.

I think them talking smack all offseason about how the Giants didn't beat them that they beat themselves probably caused some of that. But that's bad karma though.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So we beat Washington next week and we win the division pretty much. I hope we put Bob in his place.
This week, more than any other week, will test our tackling ability as a defense. If I'm Fewell, I hammer that home all week long. Tackle, tackle, tackle.

Look at your guy, don't duck your head, wrap up, don't wait for help, don't let the play come to you, go to the play. Basic fundamentals that I too often see the Giants fail to correct.

Tackling is gonna be very important vs Bob and that run game.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The 3 safety set is going to be huge also. Redskins love to attack deep once or twice after they go short the whole game. Kenny is so much more important than anyone realized as last night showed.

sig by BoneKrusher