Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Ha! Yeah that was ridiculous. I still think Baltimore will slip up at least once the rest of the way. They still need to play the Steelers, Broncos and Giants.

I'm not sure if anyone knows, but what way does the tiebreaker fall if Denver beats Baltimore and Denver and NE win out?

They would all end 13-3

Baltimore hold the tiebreaker over NE
Denver hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore
NE hold the tiebreaker over Denver
I'm pretty sure we'll slip up at least once in Houston and San Francisco. We haven't seen a defense with nearly as much talent as those in over a month, and I hate the idea of potentially going in there on a hot streak like the one we're on. Those are the kinds of games where we really can't get anything going and end up with like 17-21 points. I am still upset we're not going to see Gronkandez vs. Bowman and Willis though. I circled that one on my calendar the moment the schedule came out.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I'm pretty sure we'll slip up at least once in Houston and San Francisco. We haven't seen a defense with nearly as much talent as those in over a month, and I hate the idea of potentially going in there on a hot streak like the one we're on. Those are the kinds of games where we really can't get anything going and end up with like 17-21 points. I am still upset we're not going to see Gronkandez vs. Bowman and Willis though. I circled that one on my calendar the moment the schedule came out.
SF worries me as I think they are the most complete team in the NFL, however I wouldn't be afraid of them if we could get a lead.

Houston have hemorraged points the last few weeks against some pretty mediocre teams as well

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think were going to win out and it really wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with the 4th seed. But realistically Baltimore isn't going to drop two games anyway for us to get the second seed and there wont be a big difference in getting the fourth over the third seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I don't think were going to win out and it really wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with the 4th seed. But realistically Baltimore isn't going to drop two games anyway for us to get the second seed and there wont be a big difference in getting the fourth over the third seed.
Honestly looking at the games left I would put Denver as favourites for the 2 right now simply based off their schedule. I think they handle Baltimore relatively easily. I also don't think Baltimore beat both the Steelers and Giants, maybe one but not both.

But I do agree I think the Pats drop one against either Houston or SF, maybe both.

I think I would put it as

1. Houston
2. Denver
3. Baltimore
4. New England

However, in saying that I wouldn't be overly frightened about playing any of them in the playoffs. Baltimore isn't the same Baltimore, the Pats have already beaten Denver this year (and I have a sneaky suspicion that Manning's arm is tiring) and Houston are an unknown in the playoffs with Schaub

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think any of those four teams can make it out of the AFC, its a toss up for me as to who is going to come out. That said I think who ever does end up coming out is going to get killed in the SB by any NFC team.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
I think any of those four teams can make it out of the AFC, its a toss up for me as to who is going to come out. That said I think who ever does end up coming out is going to get killed in the SB by any NFC team.
I'm not so sure, each NFC team has some significant weaknesses too. The Packers can't protect Rodgers and their defense isn't very good. The Giants really are hit and miss (however in January they tend to be more hit), the 49ers aren't built to come from behind, the Bears offensive line is the worst in the league (worse than Arizona IMO), The Falcons are the least impressive 10-1 team in history, can't run the ball and Matt Ryan is throwing way too many INTs.

I don't think there is any one team where I would say they are far and away the class of the NFL. Based off recent form it would be either New England or San Francisco.

Looking at the 4 likely division winners from each conference and add in the Packers you could make any possible game between any two teams and you could probably call them toss ups. The NFC isn't streets ahead of the AFC any more and in fact I would say 3 of the top 5 teams at the minute are in the AFC - Houston, New England and Denver

Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I would put the 9ers, Giants, Bears, and Packers all before those three teams you listed, and even then I'd still include the Ravens over the Broncos at this stage but we'll find out in a few weeks about that.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would put the 9ers, Giants, Bears, and Packers all before those three teams you listed, and even then I'd still include the Ravens over the Broncos at this stage but we'll find out in a few weeks about that.
I really don't think the Bears are that good. We could work them over in the middle of the field, and take the game away from Tillman and Jennings. Plus, their offense is essentially Cutler throwing to Marshall 20x a game. With an offensive line that terrible and a turnover prone QB, I think we would runaway with that one.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Do you really want to see what our secondary would look like against Marshall with an adequate QB throwing to him? Because I certainly don't. And I don't think our pass rush is that improved to the point where we would consistently get to Cutler (we didn't do that much against Ari either).

And if Forte is healthy, with the way our defense has been giving up huge gains on the ground I don't think we'd runaway with it. Idk I think these next few weeks will be very telling of this team after it had a rough stretch early in the season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermaine Cunningham has been suspended for four games due to use of an illegal substance. What an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

No wonder he was having a much improved year. God dammit, get caught at the beginning of the season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the odds of seeing Dont'a Hightower at 3T on passing downs is. He was used as a pass rusher (DE) at Alabama and was effective. Dropping him to 3T when he'd normally be on the bench (or at LB) could supplement Cunningham's role there. And if Chandler Jones comes back anytime soon...
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wonder what the odds of seeing Dont'a Hightower at 3T on passing downs is. He was used as a pass rusher (DE) at Alabama and was effective. Dropping him to 3T when he'd normally be on the bench (or at LB) could supplement Cunningham's role there. And if Chandler Jones comes back anytime soon...
Don't like the fit. Slide Jones inside and let Hightower rush off the edge IMO, or put Jones on the 5 and let Hightower be a rush backer

Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn it Cunningham
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smh @ Cunningham

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Cunningham out, Jones injured, Ninkovich inconsistant... Babin available. Do we bite?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
So Cunningham out, Jones injured, Ninkovich inconsistant... Babin available. Do we bite?
I hope so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing Babin makes so much sense that it doesn't make sense, and since it doesn't make sense we will sign him.

You should all know what that blabber means as Pats fans.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Babin is a good fit. His production outside of 2010 and 2011 has been terrible. Besides, the wide nine is a vastly different scheme from what New England runs. Maybe Detroit will give Babin (a Michigan native) a chance.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

I have never been a huge fan, can't discount his production those two years though. He has some years on him and isn't a great fit but we need pass rush help. I wouldn't be upset if we brought him in but I'm not chomping at the bit to go out and get Babin.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babin doesn't fit and sucks against the run. He's a sub package rusher for another scheme. (like Matthew sad)
Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Also, Belichick's words suggest both Bolden and Cunningham are being suspended for Adderall.

Why is it so popular among athletes all of the sudden?
Old 11-28-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Reports are it covers up the use of others things, ie roids on drug tests. Makes alot of sense, and with Cunninghams sudden improvement wouldnt surprise me.

Also I am fine with bring in Babin as a third down rusher. I'd be much happier with Babin than Ninko on third down situations.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I say we declare war on the 49ers!!!!

As for Babin I wouldn't mind putting in a claim for him. Even if he only plays on passing downs he's still going to help. Really any help this defense gets the better

Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I'm just going to stay away from any future 9er conversations. As people have stated on here, at this point a few homers have ruined being able to discuss anything 9er related on this board rationally.

And i'm with you on the second part, any help we can get I'll take. I know we are all excited as of late with the success weve had in these last five games but theres been plenty to be weary about with these wins. The rush defense has been awful for some reason lately, and the pass rush isn't looking as strong as it was to start the season. I'd gladly take Babin if he makes it to us, although I'd be surprised if that happened.

Quote:
Quote: