Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And i'd absolutely wreck that too, vidae. I don't think it's a question. Her ass is bangin'. Love seeing her in jeans.
I love the crazies. I love em.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished season 1 and starting 2, 3 episode in.

So far, the wife Jessica seemed great in season 1. In 2, seems like a power hungry biotch.

Carrie bat **** crazy in 2, in 1 I could handle it, but so far in 2, its like full blown out of control.

Brody, idk yet, always seems to be something in the way for him.

This show frustrates me to no end, and then i want to comeback and find out what happened the next week. Like brody not letting loose the bomb vest, and his daughter complaining to him. Ohhh myy gawwd, come on.

Carrie and her rants and moments, I get the same feeling like come on, make the tough choices.

Also I feel like for a show on 'cable' it does a lot of jack bauaer type of shiit. Like when they killed the 2 civilians in the temple, and the head of fbi said Walker fired first. Really? where is the shell casing?

Not telling your superiors that a solider has been turned, who doesn't report intel?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if Dana counts as a child actor any more but she shits on all of the ones from Game of Thrones and pretty much every other teenager and under in a show that I can think of, not that I watch everything but I think I watch most of the good shows...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah that's actually what i was gonna say. She acted the hell out of her scenes in last night's episode. You go, Dana.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Carrie deserves every award she can get. Her performance in this show is just unreal. Absolutely one of my favorite characters on tv.
I don't know any ladies in the CIA but what strikes me most about Carrie is how ******* real that character comes of as. I buy every ******* decision she makes and some of them are really out there. It is unreal how good Danes is and how great the writers are.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What i find amazing is how she looks like a ******* crazy lunatic when she's with Brody, yet can make it look calm and collected when explaining to Saul.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting realll tired of her psycho-hose-beast ********.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

She's great. Last nights episode is a great example. She seems like she's ******* things up, literally. But she knows what she's doing. It's so great watching her be this nuts and hold it all together in a plan at the same time.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was kind of hilarious. Hathaway as Carrie and Hader as Saul both were ******* awesome.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8842944/SNL_Homeland_Skit
Old 11-24-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I thought this was kind of hilarious. Hathaway as Carrie and Hader as Saul both were ******* awesome.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8842944/SNL_Homeland_Skit
Nice find, Saul was golden.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A+ ******* episode tonight. Slam dunk. Can't wait for next week.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
A+ ******* episode tonight. Slam dunk. Can't wait for next week.
I also loved it. I have no idea what will happen these last three episodes and I am excited.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Why can't i have the last three episodes now, showtime?! Why?!?!

Assholes did a good job of playing up Quinn to be a mole, love the new twist with him, let's see where this goes.

God i love this show.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halfway through this episode I thought I had it all figured out. Doesn't appear that way.

Another incredible episode. So well written. I love when Carrie tells him his familys with Mike and he tells her it's smart. It's a pretty solid thought that putting Mike and Jess together will give Brody a way out of that too, and I think that's pretty clearly the implication.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Halfway through this episode I thought I had it all figured out. Doesn't appear that way.

Another incredible episode. So well written. I love when Carrie tells him his familys with Mike and he tells her it's smart. It's a pretty solid thought that putting Mike and Jess together will give Brody a way out of that too, and I think that's pretty clearly the implication.
I think Carrie is playing him and I think he kind of knows it. I love this show because there is always so much going on underneath the surface.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Outstanding episode. Outstanding. Idk what they do with Brody now though.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so many ways this could go, i cannot wait.

anyone think quinn kills brody and becomes the main antagonist next season?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Zero chance Brody is killed off.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
so many ways this could go, i cannot wait.

anyone think quinn kills brody and becomes the main antagonist next season?
Quote:
I won't say zero chance he is killed off (although I highly, highly doubt it). I don't see how Quinn would become a main antagonist though seeing as how he is working with Estes on that plan and the CIA wouldn't have anything to go after him for.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hey, if it can happen to the great eddard stark, it can happen to brody.

the only issue i had with the episode was the CIA thinking abu nazir would be in the blue SUV. i wouldn't really expect a high-level target to be that close to the action.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I think Carrie is playing him and I think he kind of knows it. I love this show because there is always so much going on underneath the surface.
I thought that for a couple episodes, but now I don't. I think the scene where she tells him it's a way out for both of them is the most sincere thing we've heard from her. The way I see it, her actions at this point are as much to end up with Brody as they are to stop the attack. You could tell how much it was gonna pain her to bring in Roya knowing what it meant for Brody.

Love the new angle with Quinn too. Definitely didn't see that one coming and it adds another level to what's going on. Really makes it so your CIA team isn't actually a team, just individuals with different missions that generally overlap. At this point it feels like Saul has the purest motives of just doing what it takes to bring down terrorists. He's the only one I feel like isn't looking for something else.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I won't say zero chance he is killed off (although I highly, highly doubt it). I don't see how Quinn would become a main antagonist though seeing as how he is working with Estes on that plan and the CIA wouldn't have anything to go after him for.
it doesn't seem like he's in cahoots with estes. more like there's a power above estes that is making quinn part of the operation and estes kinda has to turn a blind eye? he seems to be a mole for the dar adal guy. i loved how the quinn plotline came outta nowhere.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
it doesn't seem like he's in cahoots with estes. more like there's a power above estes that is making quinn part of the operation and estes kinda has to turn a blind eye? he seems to be a mole for the dar adal guy. i loved how the quinn plotline came outta nowhere.
Either way, Quinn seems pretty damn untouchable for the CIA.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
hey, if it can happen to the great eddard stark, it can happen to brody.

the only issue i had with the episode was the CIA thinking abu nazir would be in the blue SUV. i wouldn't really expect a high-level target to be that close to the action.
Very dumb. It's just a stupid thought that's so obviously wrong, and we usually don't see them make those. But it's nothing major, they resolved it in 10 seconds.

And I don't think it can happen to Brody. Stark dying set the entire second season in motion. Brody dying would have more of a finite feel to it. The show does need a new antagonist though. I think its obvious Nazir dies this season.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 11-26-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brody won't die because then his entire family would just become a completely wasted plotline. In Game of Thrones Eddard's family could actually continue to be relevant and drive the narrative. They aren't just going to throw away an entire plotline, arguably the most elaborate one outside of Abu Nezir, even ahead of Carrie's struggles with being bipolar. They aren't killing Brody until the series ends (or one of the last few episodes) if they kill him at all. To think otherwise is naive or think that somehow the writers would be able to keep the show going after completely removing two years of plot/character development involving an entire family that easily represented more than half of the entire show. I shouldn't even have to say it, but its also incredibly obvious that he will be alive at least as long as Nezir because Brody is literally their only useful informant on him and the CIA seems completely incompetent and incapable of doing anything substantial without him (although it could be argued that he also prevents them from doing anything as well I suppose).
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote