Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Brody won't die because then his entire family would just become a completely wasted plotline. In Game of Thrones Eddard's family could actually continue to be relevant and drive the narrative. They aren't just going to throw away an entire plotline, arguably the most elaborate one outside of Abu Nezir, even ahead of Carrie's struggles with being bipolar. They aren't killing Brody until the series ends (or one of the last few episodes) if they kill him at all. To think otherwise is naive or think that somehow the writers would be able to keep the show going after completely removing two years of plot/character development involving an entire family that easily represented more than half of the entire show. I shouldn't even have to say it, but its also incredibly obvious that he will be alive at least as long as Nezir because Brody is literally their only useful informant on him and the CIA seems completely incompetent and incapable of doing anything substantial without him (although it could be argued that he also prevents them from doing anything as well I suppose).
you right dawg.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even whether or not the show can handle it, why the hell would they do it to us? Losing Brody as a character would just be terrible. Why would you kill off one of the best characters on tv?

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Not even whether or not the show can handle it, why the hell would they do it to us? Losing Brody as a character would just be terrible. Why would you kill off one of the best characters on tv?
yeah it'd be weird to kill off the guy who won an emmy for the show. and i would dearly miss brody and his small angelic lips.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I thought that for a couple episodes, but now I don't. I think the scene where she tells him it's a way out for both of them is the most sincere thing we've heard from her. The way I see it, her actions at this point are as much to end up with Brody as they are to stop the attack. You could tell how much it was gonna pain her to bring in Roya knowing what it meant for Brody.

Love the new angle with Quinn too. Definitely didn't see that one coming and it adds another level to what's going on. Really makes it so your CIA team isn't actually a team, just individuals with different missions that generally overlap. At this point it feels like Saul has the purest motives of just doing what it takes to bring down terrorists. He's the only one I feel like isn't looking for something else.
See I used to think she was actually genuine when alone with Brody. I then rewatched a bunch of episodes and I am not so sure anymore. Despite what the preview for the next episode showed I think Brody is hiding something and may be back with Nazir. There was also Carrie at the start of the episode not really being too upset that Brody was dead. I think part of her wants him but part of her knows it's crazy to want him like she does. I don't know, the show keeps me guessing and that's is one reason I love it. That and Saul's beautiful beard.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep thinking Brody has to be back with Nazir, but then it's just so tough to rationalize letting the plan go ahead as scheduled and having 4-5 of his own get taken down. I mean, I guess it would be worth it long term so Brody can regain trust, but meh...idk. Still a tough sell for me especially considering Roya is a close family friend and all.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kill 'em all

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be sold on them sacrificing Roya and the others for Brody. He's certainly valuable enough for that.

But I don't think the show will do it. It'd just be too repetitive. We'd end up watching this season all over again with people finding out he's a terrorist still.

As for Carrie, I think she looked more like she was trying to fight being upset than she was ok with it. I really still think that's when she's the most genuine, even if she does realize its crazy, it's what she really wants. Even if she decides that its impossible, it's what she really wants.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 11-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction for end of season: Brody dies/sacrifices himself to kill Abu Nazir, Carrie becomes pregnant with his baby, Mike moves into the Brody home.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it really hard to believe that they would kill Brody off, even if he were to sacrifice himself. This show would lose way too much by him being gone.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I don't believe it. He's just too good. You lose so much with Brody dying.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't put it past the creators and their gigantic balls for a second. They've shown they are willing to take huge risks in order to tell their story. Maybe it's not Brody, but I really believe someone in the Brody family is going to die before the end of the season. Maybe it's Dana (suicide?)
Old 11-29-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I wouldn't put it past the creators and their gigantic balls for a second. They've shown they are willing to take huge risks in order to tell their story. Maybe it's not Brody, but I really believe someone in the Brody family is going to die before the end of the season. Maybe it's Dana (suicide?)
Thank You!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

O I really hope not. But I can definitely see it.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe then she'll stop ******* bitching about running someone over.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who needs more time, Chris. This kid is so clueless like 90% of the time, and doesn't give any shits.

Walk into CIA safe location,"Ohh Wow every room has a TV". "CIA holding us safe, must be for a good reason, now time for cards"
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris is an abortion of a character. It's like Bobby on Mad Men...he just doesn't matter at all and is overshadowed by an older sister portrayed by a great actress.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

So lets predict what is going to happen.

"Sandman" knew something was wrong so he set all of this up and already had a backup plan. He wasn't convinced by Nicholas, but thought he would take a chance.

VP still ends up dying, and "Sandman" says he has bigger plans for Nicholas to be President.

Thus the wetwork guy can't kill him.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Nazir is already threatening Brody according to the previews for the next episode. Highly doubt he would trust Brody enough to try to make him president. I think Brody is pretty much done as a terrorist unless the writers are really trying to throw a wicked curve (totally possible)

ps: I don't buy for one second anyone that says Saul is the mole. I refuse to believe it. He's pretty much everyone's favorite character, they wouldn't step on our throats like that. I ******* love Saul and his dry wit. Better not do that to me.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dana is one of the very few child (ish) characters on TV I can stand. Most of them are god awful. I hope she doesn't die.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are the Saul is a mole predictions coming from? I haven't heard that at all.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

She's been great. Really the only one on that side of the show that acts as the voice of reason. Abu Nazir killing her would be huge revenge for Brody turning on him. Not to mention it could be enough to get Jess to leave. Only problem is it leaves Brody with literally nothing, except Carrie.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Where are the Saul is a mole predictions coming from? I haven't heard that at all.
I know some people thought it during the first season. They made it look possible he slipped the prisoner the blade and he refused the lie detector. But now there's just no way. Just isn't true.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last season I thought the mole was that guy that Estes wanted to check out if Carrie was doing anything on the side. Hes been in season two for all of a minute though so I kind of doubt its him now.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Didn't he die? They said he was in the hospital because of the shooting but we haven't seen him since.. unless I missed something?

Old 11-30-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Didn't he die? They said he was in the hospital because of the shooting but we haven't seen him since.. unless I missed something?
Pretty sure Galvez is dead.