Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
dregolll
Rookie

dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll dregolll
Default Max Wittek, QB, USC

Max Wittek is a great looking young QB prospect. I mean he has everything you look for in the prototypical QBGreat size, great arm strength, and every single tool that you look for. Hes only a redshirt freshman so he has a few years to develop into a top notch prospect. I think he will be the #1 overall pick whenever he enters the NFL draft. He reminds me of Troy Aikman or John Elway type PAC 12 QB. Your thoughts please.
dregolll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's played one game. Let's wait a year before we get into this.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's played one game
That one game was for USC. Of course people will immediately link him to the top of the first round if he plays QB as a freshman for USC. Not trying to sound like a sarcastic douche but it is what it is.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO most arm talent at USC since Carson Palmer.

When I think USC, I think of guys with Wittek's physical skillset.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Having said that he looked like he has a ton of potential and looked pretty good making his debut against the #1 team in the country that is a big rival.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread becomes pointless if he gets beat out next year by Max Browne.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
This thread becomes pointless if he gets beat out next year by Max Browne.
Who was brilliant over the weekend by the way.

This thread lost me when the names Elway and Aikman were brought up. Give me a break.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm more excited about Kevin Hogan from Stanford personally. Not sure what they're coaching over there but his mechanics are amazing for a only a RS Freshman. And yeah, Max Browne could beat out Wittek next year and Wittek will be the next Aaron Corp, let's wait and see there.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
That one game was for USC. Of course people will immediately link him to the top of the first round if he plays QB as a freshman for USC. Not trying to sound like a sarcastic douche but it is what it is.
With the previous trend, I would think it would be foolish to think he wouldn't be a top 5 pick in whatever draft he enters. It is too early to mention it, but he didn't show any obvious deficiencies that would preclude him from being a typical USC QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I'm more excited about Kevin Hogan from Stanford personally. Not sure what they're coaching over there but his mechanics are amazing for a only a RS Freshman. And yeah, Max Browne could beat out Wittek next year and Wittek will be the next Aaron Corp, let's wait and see there.
I want to get a chance during the time before the bowls (and during the ****** ones) to watch Hogan play some on ESPN3/Youtube. I've heard a lot of good things about him.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As Shane correctly point out, it's still VERY early.

With that said I do think there were a lot of positive signs with Wittek and he may be the most physically talented Trojans quarterback since Carson Palmer. Certainly has a much, much stronger arm than Leinart, Sanchez and Barkley. It will be fun the watch the kid develop.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
We'll never know but what would Stanford's record be if Hogan had played the whole season.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may not even be the starter next year, guys. The QB spot will be an open battle between Wittek (this years backup, and who you saw already) Max Browne (This years number 1 QB recruit, and the prototype for what you want in a QB....if you haven't seen this kid, you're in for a treat) and Kessler (who was our back up last year, who I personally like more than Wittek).

I'm personally pulling for Browne to be a 3 or 4 year starter for us, but after seeing Wittek and knowing what Kessler can do as well I won't be disappointing with any direction that we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played one game...and he got to throw to Marquise Lee and Robert Woods in it.....let's let it play out. He was one of the top 5 QB recruits in the country coming out of high school and has a great arm. That isn't a bad start.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He may not even be the starter next year, guys. The QB spot will be an open battle between Wittek (this years backup, and who you saw already) Max Browne (This years number 1 QB recruit, and the prototype for what you want in a QB....if you haven't seen this kid, you're in for a treat) and Kessler (who was our back up last year, who I personally like more than Wittek).

I'm personally pulling for Browne to be a 3 or 4 year starter for us, but after seeing Wittek and knowing what Kessler can do as well I won't be disappointing with any direction that we go.
They are both named Max? I can't take either of them seriously now.

edit: that's my in-depth scouting report for now.

Last edited by farfromforgotten : 11-26-2012 at 06:17 PM.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
They are both named Max? I can't take either of them seriously now.

edit: that's my in-depth scouting report for now.
Yup, Max Browne is the truth....whole truth and nothin but.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It baffles me to an extent that top recruits from back to back years would go to the same school. Its a win win for USC as the QB competition will bring out the best in both QBs but I wonder what the logic is for the recruits. Why not go to a school where you would have an easier shot getting the starting job?
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Which players are you talking about? Kessler and Wittek came in the same class and Kessler was better in high school so he committed after Wittek, while everyone expected Wittek to decommit and go elsewhere. Those are generally the type of players SC gets, guys who aren't afraid of competition. When you are a highly rated recruit would you seriously go somewhere afraid that you may never start? No, you would go in there with the attitude you would beat out whoever went up against you.

Browne is the same way, he is 2 years apart from the guys who are there now, but he likely thinks he can go in next year and win the job...or worst case maybe he feels he will sit a year or 2 before getting the job.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Browne beats Wittek out next year (I think it happens), Wittek becomes the next Aaron Corp.

Way too early to tell.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year! (Sadness.)

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Browne is hideously ugly. Wittek will handle him no problem.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
It baffles me to an extent that top recruits from back to back years would go to the same school. Its a win win for USC as the QB competition will bring out the best in both QBs but I wonder what the logic is for the recruits. Why not go to a school where you would have an easier shot getting the starting job?
Taking it one step further, Kessler and Wittek were ranked no 2 and 3 respectively at their position in the same year.

Edit: I see someone beat me to it above.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen some clips of Max Browne and let's just say I think Wittek's job is safe.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ULT
Rookie

ULT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.ULT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I've seen some clips of Max Browne and let's just say I think Wittek's job is safe.
agreed, browne needs to rs and fix his mechanics.
ULT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He's played one game. Let's wait a year before we get into this.
He is future Elway or Aikman. OP has spoken.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
Max Browne is hideously ugly. Wittek will handle him no problem.
Why did you let me google him...

He looks like some sort of inbred mixed with a giant dinosaur/chicken.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Why did you let me google him...

He looks like some sort of inbred mixed with a giant dinosaur/chicken.
The Manning boys aren't exactly Brad Pitt reincarnated.

I saw Max Browne's playoff game over the weekend and he was fantastic. Not sure if he comes in and starts right away at SC but i'll take him long term over Wittek.