Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Still older than you.

I said "football," not "message board manners/etiquette." I know nobody can top you when it comes to knowledge involving classy behavior on message boards. You should do a lecture on it, so others can learn how to get owned by everybody under the sun, but in a positive way.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dats my Taber-sack.

Okay I'm done. I don't want to be the asshole here. Do what you please.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-27-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched the Saints game again. I didn't get to see the second half and had to listen to it on the radio. In any case, here are a few of my personal thoughts:

- Our defense came to play with a vengeance. I'm glad they out-muscled the Saints and got them out of their funk. Drew Brees got clowned a good amount of the day (5 sacks on his ass) and Goldson and Whitner were delivering "whoo hits" like Ronnie Lott used to. And Ahmad Brooks looked like Derrick Brooks. I hope finally he gets the recognition he rightfully deserves in this league. One of the better OLB there is in the game today. Justin Smith and Aldon Smith continued to dominate just like last week. Didn't matter if it was a dome our back at Candlestick, the 49ers have beaten the Saints two straight times and showed once again they are top dog. No more excuses. WHO DAT GOT IT BETTER THAN US?

- Kaepernick looks great. He's even surpassed my expectations. I was wrong about him not being ready. Well, it's still only two games but with him the 49ers have scored over 30 points two straight times one being against a defense that was arguably the best in the league. For the first time in a long, long time I felt the 49ers had a great chance to actually sustain drives and score in the redzone. Kaepernick's velocity on the ball is excellent and he can throw a rocket. The drive in the 4th quarter that took a bunch of time off the clock was icing on the cake. What is funny is that there wasn't any reports about him doing this in training camp with the available sessions to the public and in the preseason he didn't seem that special. The last quarterback that has come in during mid-season that has just dazzled right away I can remember is Tony Romo in 2006, but even he looked good in exhibition games leading up to that chance. Kaepernick has definitely grown since the first few minutes of the game against the Rams. We'll see how this plays out. Looks great so far. Like a young Randall Cunningham.

- Alex Smith, I'm not sure what is going to happen. It sucks that he lost his job and he didn't deserve to lose it (and I didn't agree with the decision), but it's hard to argue against what Colin brings to the table. The good thing is that at least for this season if something happens to Colin, Alex can come in and we'll still have a chance to win against any opponent.

- What is going on with David Akers? He's starting to make me nervous and I shudder to think if he has to kick in a big time playoff game to win it. My confidence in him is fading. Hopefully he gets his act together.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The last quarterback that has come in during mid-season that has just dazzled right away I can remember is Tony Romo in 2006,
Really? A couple of years ago I seem to remember someone else. Mobile, big arm, threw for like 550 yards with two touchdowns and no picks in his first two starts, won both of them. Ringing any bells?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Really? A couple of years ago I seem to remember someone else. Mobile, big arm, threw for like 550 yards with two touchdowns and no picks in his first two starts, won both of them. Ringing any bells?
Mid-season? Who?

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm, Troy Smith???
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're expected to sign receiver/returner Chad Hall to the practice squad so if that happens and Williams goes on IR, who'll take his spot on the 53 player roster?
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows

Quote:
Hearing Kendall Hunter's ankle injury is serious. Injury comes at a time when #49ers must decide whether to activate Jewel Hampton from NFI.

#49ers trying to figure out whether or not to put him on IR. @49Ashleys What is serious? Out for the rest of the season?
Time to step up, LaMichael James, Brandon Jacobs, and Anthony Dixon.

With the injury to Kyle Williams too, it time to see our young draft picks shine.

As for who we add...not sure Dan. I think we're a little light on our OLB and S depth so if there are any capable backups out there...doubt it, but still.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 11-27-2012 at 11:38 AM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta be time for Jenkins and James.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read from Barrows that Whilote, or Michael Thomas are candidates because of their special teams ability. Also could be Jewel Hampton.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jewel Hampton would make a lot of sense. Read some where that a lot ppl around the staff believe he's Gore 2.0, with better power. Same feet, same running style and everything. And with RBs dropping like flies around the league, if we really like him, they should make sure he's on the roster.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw Hampton officially activated to the roster so that leaves one spot.

Also per Schefter Niners on the verge of extending Bowman for 5 years :D Looks like the two best inside backers in the game will be staying together.

Edit it's official 5 years 45.5 Mil 25.5 Mil guaranteed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rancisco-49ers
Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news about Bow. Glad we got that out of the way, and I'll be interested to see how the cap numbers look for each year. But I'm going on record now that if we dont re-sign Goldson, Im going to be one pissed off fan. Somebody has to be the odd man out and it looks like its going to be Goldson. They could cut either Rogers or Goodwin by June and save a decent amount of cap or rework some deals but its not looking good. Unless they franchise him again, which I'm sure he and his agent will not go for. Might mean the end of the road for Walker too.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me the odd man out is unfortunately going to be Alex Smith. If he's on the roster in April he will count as $9M (or similar). I cant see us paying him that if he is in a backup role. I suggest they will either renegotiate with him or will be forced to cut him

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
To me the odd man out is unfortunately going to be Alex Smith. If he's on the roster in April he will count as $9M (or similar). I cant see us paying him that if he is in a backup role. I suggest they will either renegotiate with him or will be forced to cut him
I was about to say this I fear Alex may be the odd man out. Goodwin could also go depending on how ready they think Kilgore is.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was curious about Hampton last night.He was on the Madden rosters and is a stellar HB with wonderful speed.When did we get him?And agreed bowman contract excellent !
Old 11-27-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninerfan View Post
Alex was already the odd man out....that isn't news. They still have to free up money to sign Goldson and next year's draft class. They have a couple of options elsewhere but I was already figuring Alex wouldn't be here past this year.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-27-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For Alex to be on this team next year he would need Kaepernick to remain the starter but start to play awful towards the end of the season. Then Alex would need to lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl, being one of the main reasons they make it. It is pretty much a forgone conclusion that Alex is gone after this year
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Not happy about Hunter being out for the season. I like Kyle Williams but with the depth at WR, it doesnt hurt us as much as Hunter does since he's the finesse back and backup to Gore. Jacobs and Dixon are basically another version of Gore. I hope that James gets activated and gets some playing time especially if we're blowing out the Rams Sunday. Would also like to see Jenkins get activated and some playing time as well.

Very happy thought about signing Bowman to a 5 year extension. Awesome!!!

Next up must be Goldson. I see Alex Smith as the guy who'll get released. He's guaranteed $8.5m in April whether he makes it to September or not. His money can go right to Goldson. Goodwin and Rogers could also be released if needed. Also depends on how we finish the season. If we win the Super Bowl, I would definitely release a few older guys who are getting paid too much money. If we dont, then its 50/50.

P.S. - Please extend Fangio and Roman, Baalke. Please. I dont want to lose either guy.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Great news about Bow. Glad we got that out of the way, and I'll be interested to see how the cap numbers look for each year. But I'm going on record now that if we dont re-sign Goldson, Im going to be one pissed off fan. Somebody has to be the odd man out and it looks like its going to be Goldson. They could cut either Rogers or Goodwin by June and save a decent amount of cap or rework some deals but its not looking good. Unless they franchise him again, which I'm sure he and his agent will not go for. Might mean the end of the road for Walker too.
Goldson needs to be resigned at all costs. I'd rather have Carlos Rogers leave than Goldson stay, but Rogers just signed a new deal recently. If Walker leaves, that would suck, but whatever. Goodwin has played at a Pro Bowl level this season too. But Goldson above anyone else. He's a demon in the backfield and I'd be shocked if he left.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I would think that the money that would have gone to Smith could go to Goldson. If I have to release anyone to re-sign Goldson, that player would be Rogers. He's the oldest player that we can release and not have as much off a drop off.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Can't believe we lost Kendall Hunter. I hope he comes back next year just as explosive. Same with Kyle Williams. Both gone on the same play. That being said I have faith in Jacobs, Dixon and James as our backups. Having Kaepernick is going to help with the run game now too.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Just in case you missed my post in the other thread.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Those two videos are directed at me? If so, why? I did watch the entire game.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote: