Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-27-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****, Hunter was one of my favorite players...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick fantasy question, who to pick up as a handcuff to Gore? Jacobs? Dixon? James? Hampton?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the way the Bowman deal is structured. Marthe is a cap savant...

Quote:
Per a league source, the deal that Bowman accepted includes less than $8 million in fully-guaranteed money, via a $7.5 million signing bonus and the balance of his $540,000 base salary for 2012. But the deal contains millions more in salary guaranteed for injury only, for now.

In 2013, a $4 million option bonus is due to Bowman; it’s fully guaranteed for now. Ditto for Bowman’s $630,000 base salary in 2013. The salary becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2013 league year.

In 2014, Bowman has a $4 million base salary, which is guaranteed for injury, for now. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2014 league year. He also can earn per-game active roster bonuses that total, if all earned, $750,000.

In 2015, Bowman’s base salary is $4.7 million. Again, it’s guaranteed for now for injury only. It becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2015 league year. Bowman also has the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2016, the base salary is $5.85 million. $4.17 million of it is guaranteed for injury only for now; it becomes fully guaranteed at the start of the 2016 league year. Bowman once again has the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2017, Bowman’s base salary is $6.75 million, non-guaranteed, with the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

In 2018, the salary pushes to $8.7 million, with the per-game roster bonuses that total $750,000.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-cant-refuse/
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That dude is rolling in dough.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In doesn't take a genius front office decision to try and structure a deal like that. The hard part is getting players to agree to the deal. That comes from them wanting to play for you
Old 11-27-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
In doesn't take a genius front office decision to try and structure a deal like that. The hard part is getting players to agree to the deal. That comes from them wanting to play for you
It's not the idea but the execution of it. To get both player and agent to buy in and understand the way things has to work and sell that. That's extremely hard to do in this league. If it wasn't, deals like these would be the norm. They're not though. It also is very hard to retain young talent in this day and age. Even harder on your terms. For that, Baalke and Marthe are ahead of the curve.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

That is what I am saying. Getting the player to agree to the deal is the hard part. I am sure that almost every initial contract offer from any team is really back-heavy. Bowman would not accept a deal like that if he did not want to play for this team.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That is what I am saying. Getting the player to agree to the deal is the hard part. I am sure that almost every initial contract offer from any team is really back-heavy. Bowman would not accept a deal like that if he did not want to play for this team.
It's more to it than than that. I think Rosenhaus summed it best,

Quote:
They’re one of the most aggressive teams that I visited. They’ve got a whole team dedicated to the salary cap. Paraag Marathe is a very dedicated guy. He’s got Brian Hampton. They’ve got a third member who I haven’t dealt with directly. But they outsmart a lot of people with the way that they manage the salary cap and the situation.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang losing Hunter is big specially with no real back up to Gore. as far as off season goes . GOOD bye Smith!!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so ******* thrilled Bowman is going to be a Niner for a long time.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PARAAGGGGGGGGG!

He's like my favorite CEO-type Niner of all time.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ness.....

I guess so. I dont care that the defense scored 12 points against the Saints. The defense has basically been saving and carrying Smith's ass since 2011 but regardless, the team averaged under 24ppg including any defensive and special teams scores. In the two games Kaepernick started, the team has scored 31.5ppg which may not seem like a big deal but it is. Another thing people havent realized is that its no coincidence that with Kaepernick starting the last two games, the defense has played arguably their best of the season. Either way, 30+ ppg is far better than under 24 and thats all I care about. Scoring more and more points.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope other players on the roster (or those that want to be 49ers) feel the same...

Tell 'em Bow...

Quote:
Bowman today said that in the end victories trumped dollar amounts.

"It's not really about money," he said. "At the end of the day, we all play this game and we get paid a good amount of money, but all in all people remember you for the wins, remember you for the team that you're a part of."

"In order for us to keep the guys we have together, we're going to have to give on each side and that's what was done. We worked together, and I wasn't mad about not getting paid more than Pat. He's my brother. We play together, play close together and we're making the same amount of money, just about. So I'm happy about it and won't lose any sleep over it."
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-now.html#more
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Tebow, Bowman is now the greatest man on Earth.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That might be the first time i've ever seen that said in an interview. That's awesome.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this team rules.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old school gif. Zack Bronson's interception off Peyton Manning in 2001. From the infamous "Playoffs!?" game.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Loved this photo from the last game.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Dashon Goldson. Keepin it real.

Quote:
Old 11-28-2012, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Tell 'em Bow...

Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowman earned that deal and I'm glad it's team-friendly as well. Win-win. Having Willis' partner in crime and best friend on the team locked up is an excellent thing as well.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bowman being extended is awesome. Very happy. Next up is hopefully Goldson. Then, onto extending Whitner, Justin Smith and others. Next two off-seasons is all about keeping the young core intact.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Bowman being extended is awesome. Very happy. Next up is hopefully Goldson. Then, onto extending Whitner, Justin Smith and others. Next two off-seasons is all about keeping the young core intact.
I think extending the young core is FAR more priority than extending the aging stars. Sad, but the best teams shed the aging stars a year too early rather than a year too late.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I think extending the young core is FAR more priority than extending the aging stars. Sad, but the best teams shed the aging stars a year too early rather than a year too late.
I would consider Whitner part of that young core. He'll only be 28 in July. Goldson is actually older and turned 28 back in September so if you're going to keep Goldson, you have to keep Whitner. Both are an excellent safety combination. I wouldnt want to break that up. I would let Rogers leave before I do that.

Granted, Justin Smith will be turning 35 in September 2014 which is the off-season in which he'll be an UFA but if he's still playing at the same level. Have to re-sign him but I wouldnt overpay him. Outside of him and McDonald, there's no other DE's that can take over so unless things change by then, re-signing him could be a priority at that time.

Brown should be re-signed too. I actually wanted Rodgers-Cromartie to replace Brown and start opposite Culliver but he'll want too much money and he's been playing like crap from what I have read so no point.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Goldson is an elite safety right now, though, Whitner is merely average to slightly above average.