Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how Ryan Grant is doing health-wise....

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never been a fan of our backup plan at offensive line. Seems to me that moving our starting LG to RT and bringing in a backup G/C only weakens the offensive line at two positions instead of one. I know there aren't a whole lot of other options this season but it would be nice to get some depth in the offseason.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I've never been a fan of our backup plan at offensive line. Seems to me that moving our starting LG to RT and bringing in a backup G/C only weakens the offensive line at two positions instead of one. I know there aren't a whole lot of other options this season but it would be nice to get some depth in the offseason.
There are zero options at this point. MM will have to adjust this offense.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, that's one of my main gripes about it. When an injury happens, it essentially weakens them at 2 spots rather than 1. Lang is a good guard but is NOT a good Tackle, and EDS just flatout sucks

this line is what it is for the rest of the season, so MM has to adjust accordingly. Roll Rodgers out more, use his mobility. How about more screens to Cobb or Green.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How bad was our OL Sunday night?

Great http://ProFootballFocus.com stat:
When Rodgers had 2.6 seconds or more, his QB rating was 125.9.
With 2.5 seconds or less, his rating: 25.9.

.....says T.J. Lang gave up 6 pressures and Marshall Newhouse 5:

Giants pressured Aaron Rodgers on 64% of his 33 dropbacks.
Vikings' Christian Ponder was next closest at 46%.

In other news today, the champion Giants who just slaughtered us, signed former Packer RB Kregg Lumpkin today.

Meanwhile, coach McCarthy today hinted that tomorrow "we will learn" more info about Cedric Benson's foot. It's quite possible it will show that the Lisfranc is not healing and he will need surgery, ending his season from the week 5 injury. The Packers will most likely be searching for a fresh RB to sign in that case

Also, the Bears today just signed former Packer WR Dale Moss, who many fans were excited about this spring.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-27-2012 at 05:21 PM.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As expected, Sherrod's season is over

and I highly expect Benson to not return, either
Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yep, that's one of my main gripes about it. When an injury happens, it essentially weakens them at 2 spots rather than 1. Lang is a good guard but is NOT a good Tackle, and EDS just flatout sucks

this line is what it is for the rest of the season, so MM has to adjust accordingly. Roll Rodgers out more, use his mobility. How about more screens to Cobb or Green.
Yeah I didn't see you had started this discussion over in the Giants game thread already.

Last season when Clifton was still around and Sherrod was healthy I thought the OL was in pretty good shape at least in the near future, but man we are thin now. And no that is not a vote for bringing Clifton back. If either Lang or Newhouse were to miss any time what would the plan be? That is a scary thought.

Rodgers was actually praising EDS a couple of weeks ago. Even saying that he had no doubt EDS was the C of the future. I find that hard to believe based on what I've seen in games. What does Aaron see that we don't?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Babin? I sure hope we make a play for him.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
So Babin? I sure hope we make a play for him.
Unless he could play O-line for us, no. He's already not fit Capers system back in Hou.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Babin was claimed by at least 8 other teams, including teams right at the top of the list.... he's now a Jaguar.

I'm not sure why a terrible team with no playoff hopes would take on THAT contract for the remainder of this season for a guy that old. I think he's 33.

But a lot of teams wanted him.

Sherrod had 2 seasons taken away because Newhouse couldn't block Hali ever that game, and let Hali run around him time & time again, ultimately slamming into Derek's leg.

Sherrod was drafted to be our anchor LT and Newhouse Eff'd it all up.
Yes I'm bitter.
Plus that game cost us the perfect season.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cedric Benson had surgery and is out for the season.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Cedric Benson had surgery and is out for the season.
Of course he did, we all knew that was coming. Great.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

And thus ends what was an illustrious career for him with the Packers

Jennings will be back for this week at least, but other than that its status quo. Gotta think Woodson is close. I mean, it was reported he was already lifting weights during the Packers bye week, so the bone has to be healed up by now

Clay is at least doing some individual stuff on the side during practice, including agility drills and "light" jogging. Better than nothing

Shields is currently on the side of a milk carton. I hope they can locate and find him soon
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Any of you guys know where there is a list of street free agent RBs?
I don't expect anymore Arian Fosters or Priest Holmes, undrafted All Pros.

But there have to be some talented backs, fresh, out there. Young or vets.

Whatever you say or like, not like about Jim Starks and Al Green, this is for certain: opposing defenses have no fear of them and thus the defenses do not respect the running game, instead focus 100% on stopping the passing game.
Disrupting the WRs off the line, and getting after Rodgers, time and time again.

The mere threat of a good RB, one who the defense would at least fear, would help more than we can imagine.

As it is now, we should be able to take advantage of it by gouging them with runs now and then. We don't. Combo of bad OL, scheme, and RBs apparently.

Our off-season needs to bring in a RB who commands respect from the D.
Of course, they have to stay healthy too, and for us, that seems imfu****** impossible.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Richardson and Andrew Quarless were placed on IR

RB DuJuan Harris and WR Jeremy Ross were signed from the practice squad

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

MM said his understanding is that both Lang/Nelson's injuries are not serious

- with that said, NElson will be "hard-pressed" to play this week. Lang may be able to. Will know more on Wed. It is the same hamstring that bothered Nelson earlier in the year. He felt something in pre-game, decided to play through it(seriously, why do players do this crap. Just ends up making the injury worse)

- Clay worked out today. Need to talk to him and see how he feels

- Woodson could maybe go next week, but if you asked Woodson he'd say he could play this week. Still has some testing to do before he's fully cleared
Old 12-03-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Da Bearzzz
Old 12-04-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Was just peaking ahead to next year..... Packers will head down here finally, play at Dallas.
I hope that game is not on Thanksgiving. We haven't played down here since 2007, which was a historic game in the career of Aaron Rodgers as it was the first time he came in and had a chance... and he played great, almost digging us out of the big hole the Gunslinger had put us in, falling behind 27-10.

We also will welcome to Lambeau Field the Pittsburgh Steelers, which will test the "loyalty" of a lot of our ticket-holders. Watch how many of them sell out their seat$ to the Steeler Nation.

Also visiting Lambeau Field will be RG3, the Washington Redskins. Look for NBC or ESPN to bid heavily for that game pitting him against Rodgers.

We will play AT the Giants AGAIN for the 3rd straight regular season.
And we will pay a visit to Baltimore.

If we win the division this year, we will welcome Atlanta to Lambeau. If we take 2nd, we will get that division's 2nd place team, which will be Tampa Bay or New Orleans. Damn why can't we play AT Tampa Bay where tons of Packer fans could go and easily get tickets.
And we will play AT the NFC West equal finisher, so could be us at San Fran. Or at Seattle again.

(The year after, Tom Brady finally pays another visit to Lambeau)

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_nfcn.htm
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Oh look at that, James Starks hurt his knee in the Vikes game and his season may very well be over

jesus. The guy can never stay healthy but goddamn. This team can't go a week without somebody else going down
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

WHAT THE PHUQ ELSE IS NEW?
Our injury luck is bulls*** nothing but bad luck.

And I am so sick of ***** DBs tackling like girls, falling at runner's feet.... man-up and tackle someone in the chest!

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/...&post_id=16161

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Oh look at that, James Starks hurt his knee in the Vikes game and his season may very well be over

n
Would you expect anything else? The Packers injury luck is unbelievable.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Not tons of great options available, but there could be another Samkon Gado out there....

Former Packers:
Kregg Lumpkin
Tyrell Sutton
Ryan Grant
Dimitri Nance
Marc Tyler

Tim Hightower
Joseph Addai

Those 2 are available I am pretty sure.
Not sure about: Jerious Norwood, Chester Taylor, Cadillac Williams.

Steve Slaton, Maurice Morris....Lorenzo Booker, Curtis Brinkley, Rock Cartwright, John Clay, Michael Hayes, Davin Meggett,

Here's a guy I liked in the draft that has ended up on St Louis: http://www.nfl.com/player/terrancega...532984/profile
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

RYAN GRANT is back.

http://packersinsider.com/2012/12/re...s-out-injured/
Old 12-05-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JSOnline reporting Packers will sign Ryan Grant.

My opinion - last year he really looked slow. However, he atleast knows the offense, and the players, and he had success.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Beat me to it!!!
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote