Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

A agents take on Adderall..

“I can tell you Adderall allows athletes to stay out all night partying, drinking and doing whatever they do without the repercussions of a hangover and the side effects,” the agent said. “You get hammered at a club, you pop an Adderall and all of a sudden you aren’t slurring your words, you are coherent and although it is 5 a.m. in the morning, you can walk into the team’s facility a few hours later ready to practice with minimal side effects.

“Look, it gets out of your system relatively quickly,” the agent said. “It’s gone in days as opposed to weed or more with other drugs. So the odds of getting caught are smaller than say marijuana, which might be traceable for more than 30 days. If you get busted for Adderall it really is bad luck in a sense.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.ph...570:&Itemid=15
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ble-next-week/

Quote:
The bad news? If they play on Sunday and their four-game suspensions are upheld thereafter, the suspensions would spill into the playoffs.

Quote:
The source said that a hearing on the appeals has not yet been set, and that at the earliest the hearing will occur late this week. That said, the players plan to object to any effort to schedule the hearing this week, given their desire to gather information regarding the alleged positive tests.

In this regard, keep in mind that the players did not test positive for Adderall. Instead, they allegedly tested positive for amphetamines, which are contained within Adderall. Both players deny knowingly ingesting any substance containing amphetamines.
Don't know how this changes things for all the mini-doctors out there. I doubt they were doing meth so doesn't this indicate that it was in fact adderall for studying purposes?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These guys won't miss any time at all this season.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
To an extent. It's basically a cheat. Why spend time studying each day, including the weekends, when you can cheat and take a pill to make you focus like hell and get it all done in one week?

It's just pisses me off. I worked a full-time job, had a girlfriend (several when I was an undergrad), hung out with friends, went to parties, etc. but when push to came to shove I'd always put my work first and that typically meant long nights in the library, often on Fridays and Saturdays too.

And then people try and get high and mighty about it like it's no big deal.

It's like PEDs but for students. It's horse crap. But I won't redirect this thread any longer. This just made me think of that, haha.
I've never taken adderall, don't know if it has negative side effects, but if I can have more fun, and do less work, and be equally successful... why wouldn't I?

I don't put in work so I can feel good about it and morally correct, I want to do what gets results.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Don't know how this changes things for all the mini-doctors out there. I doubt they were doing meth so doesn't this indicate that it was in fact adderall for studying purposes?
You do realize there are hundreds of "amphetamines" besides "meth" and that they aren't just used for "studying"???
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You do realize there are hundreds of "amphetamines" besides "meth" and that they aren't just used for "studying"???
Sure. But we're talking about nfl players so idk what else they'd both test positive for other than addys. What of the hundreds are real possibilities ?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sure. But we're talking about nfl players so idk what else they'd both test positive for other than addys. What of the hundreds are real possibilities ?
God only knows. They could be social pill poppers. They could be serious pill users. They could lace their weedz. They could've used a supplement dusted with a banned amphetamine. They could be honest. They could be lying through their teeth. Too many possibilities to make an educated conclusion. I'm not trying to bag on them because that's not my style. They got popped. It sucks. Either they have a legit beef, or they don't.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
God only knows. They could be social pill poppers. They could be serious pill users. They could lace their weedz. They could've used a supplement dusted with a banned amphetamine. They could be honest. They could be lying through their teeth. Too many possibilities to make an educated conclusion. I'm not trying to bag on them because that's not my style. They got popped. It sucks. Either they have a legit beef, or they don't.
Yea I think it's pretty obviously addys all things considered.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Shrewd move to stagger the suspensions although I don't like the idea of missing Sherman for the Wild Card round (if they make it).

And I wonder if they'd be better off both serving the suspensions for the next four games considering the passing attacks they're up against.

vs. ARI
@ BUF
vs. SF
vs. STL

Not exactly the greatest receivers.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I wish Sherman would cancel his appeal and just sit out the last 4 games with Browner. I don't like the idea of missing either of them for the playoffs. With 3 home games and a game in Toronto against the Bills, and no top notch passing attacks in the last 4 games I'm confident we can skate by and make the playoffs, I think 2 wins will do it.

Also, one thing that gives me a little hope is that last year when Trufant and Thurmond went down, every Seahawks fan let out a collective "oh ****." Nobody expected a former CFL'er and a rookie 5th round pick to play so well. Thurmond will be starting in place of Browner, and with Trufant hurt (again) rookie Jeremy Lane will move to the slot.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they are absent when they play the 49ers :)

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Sherman's appeal will be heard Friday and Schefter says he'll play Sunday night either way probably.

But what's interesting is that Schefter cites people in the know who think Sherman has a chance to beat the charge because his specimen was truly 'contaminated.'

Imagine they really ****** up the test? Or is Dick Sherman's lawyer just that good?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Sherman's appeal will be heard Friday and Schefter says he'll play Sunday night either way probably.

But what's interesting is that Schefter cites people in the know who think Sherman has a chance to beat the charge because his specimen was truly 'contaminated.'

Imagine they really ****** up the test? Or is Dick Sherman's lawyer just that good?
Well a contaminated test result doesn't mean he peed clean. It just means someone mishandled the specimen or its paperwork.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well a contaminated test result doesn't mean he peed clean. It just means someone mishandled the specimen or its paperwork.
Might not even be mishandled. His lawyer could just find anything remotely off about the entire process and it could be labeled as contaminated. Something as stupid as the testers failed to record x or y within the x minute window following tr test.

I don't think Sherman is innocent but I'm rooting for him to beat this because I don't view addys as cheating.