Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-28-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
lulz at Al leaving.
he'll say he is going to stay and build a solid foundation. Only taking interviews to improve brand and recognition.

And then he'll take a job elsewhere.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Lulz at a good coach leaving a ****** school in an even shittier conference for a better school in the best conference?

Never going to happen!
The U > Tennessee and it's not even close.

I'd be shocked if Golden leaves. He knows he can build a dynasty in Miami just by recruiting in his back yard. Why go to the $EC when you can dominate the ACC?
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm Tennessee >>>>>>>> The U right now and it isnt close. The **** are you smoking? Golden got handed a **** situation for stuff he had no part of, he doesnt owe you ****, why should/would he stay when they are about to get hammered with sanctions?

And dominate the ACC, really? I remember the year 2000. Where have you been lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I was watching the Canes win the ACC Coastal with a bunch of Freshman and Sophmores. What were you doing this year?

As Golden has said himself, Miami is a destination school. No offence to any Tennessee fans here, but it's not. The brand is still huge and he's well on the way to repairing the programme.

As for the sanctions - well if we get hit hard then nobody will comply with the NCAA again. They'll just tell them to **** themselves and wait for the ruling. We've bent over backwards for what, quite frankly, is a weak case.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not gonna get into it, cause I'm sure acre will just come in here and troll anyway and it's not worth the time, but when Golden was asked if he's gonna be here next year on the radio tonight his response was "absolutely" in case anyone was wondering.

Also I might take this somewhat seriously when Luther Campbell and ******* Dan Sileo aren't the primary sources.

I guess we'll see though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you expect Golden to say? "Hmm well maybe, depends on the jobs and if the right opportunity and $$ are offered."
Old 11-28-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
Oh I was watching the Canes win the ACC Coastal with a bunch of Freshman and Sophmores. What were you doing this year?
Is that suppose to be some type of accomplishment?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Is that suppose to be some type of accomplishment?
Yes. (10char)
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I was watching the Canes win the ACC Coastal with a bunch of Freshman and Sophmores.
Congrats y'all came out first in the special Olympics that is the ACC.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 11-28-2012 at 09:28 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What do you expect Golden to say? "Hmm well maybe, depends on the jobs and if the right opportunity and $$ are offered."
He could not go on the radio if he actually was interviewing with another school tomorrow.

I guess he was also at the Canes bball game tonight recruiting because he's planning on leaving.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The U > Tennessee and it's not even close.

I'd be shocked if Golden leaves. He knows he can build a dynasty in Miami just by recruiting in his back yard. Why go to the $EC when you can dominate the ACC?
Not anymore. Now I wouldn't doubt that Golden would want to stay. But Miami no longer has the reputation it once had. Tennessee has an extremely rich history and tradition is still regarded by pretty much all as simply a sleeping giant that if awoken would easily be competing for SEC titles year in and year out. Miami certainly has history and potential, but is not of the traditional kind that makes Tennessee so attractive at all. Tennessee is unquestionably a premier destination school.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the UT support, but let's not rag the U either. I really like their posters on here for the most part. It's a shame that they have looming sanctions and a pretty apathetic fan base.

I hope they both get back to competing for championships. College football is better when these two aren't struggling like they currently are.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude........dude.

Quote:
As Golden has said himself, Miami is a destination school. No offence to any Tennessee fans here, but it's not. The brand is still huge and he's well on the way to repairing the programme.
Not really. The "brand" as you call it, can barely attract even the most meager local support, and Miami recruiting, even in South Florida, has been pretty weak by historic standards.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 11-28-2012 at 11:35 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Last years class was weak?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC interviewing Jeff Tedford for the OC position.
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last years class was weak?
Like I said, it's relative. Also, adding 33 guys in our year usually is going to have a positive effect on your overall rating. This year, as you obviously know, Miami only has 10 commits so far, and they're at the bottom of the ACC rankings (subject to change, of course)

Miami is clearly still the third place team in Florida when it comes to recruiting, however, and I don't think saying "Da U" really means much to teenagers anymore, even in South Florida.

That said, I don't really buy that Tennessee has all that much brand power now either. But what they do have is a lot more money.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Don't really care about class ranking, look at the top talent from that class, Duke (ACC ROTY), Deon Bush (who chose UM over Bama and Auburn), Tracy Howard (who chose the third team in the state over the first 2), Tyriq McCord who chose UM over UF and SCar, Raphael Kirby (UF), Angelo Jean-Louis (UF), Jelani Hamilton (FSU), Flowers (FSU). That's not to mention guys like Rayshawn Jenkins, Ladarius Gunter, Malcolm Lewis, Gabe Terry and Herb Waters who all impressed as freshmen. Don't really care about star rating, that class was special

And the 2013 class is only going to have 15-16 kids, and of the guys commited they chose UM over LSU and Bama (Burns), FSU (Bryant if he stays), Carter (FSU), Kerr (FSU), and then there is the national recruit Kevin Olsen (who it was kind of a given he was going to be a Cane, but having a top QB commit to you because the school is the school is kind of the point of this whole post). And that's not counting the likely 5* RB, 5* LB, 4* OL, 4* DT, 4* LB, 4* DE that will be added by signing day, almost all of which are being recruited by FSU or UF.

And then there is Sony Michel who is a top 10 guy for 2014 that has been a Cane for 4 years. But yea, the brand doesn't matter anymore.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well I guess if a handful of players chose Miami over those teams I'm wrong.

Players from Florida who chose other teams over Miami this year:

Alabama (2)
Clemson (1)
Florida (10)
Florida State (4)
Georgia (1)
Kentucky (1)
LSU (1)
Notre Dame (1)
Virginia Tech (1)

That's 22 players from the state of Florida with Miami offers who chose to go elsewhere. Meanwhile, Miami has 6 commits from Florida. That's a retention rate of 21%.

Let's compare that to Florida.

Florida has 15 commitments from the state of Florida (10 of whom, as we mentioned, held Miami offers).

They've lost 2 to Alabama, 3 to Florida State, 1 to Georgia, 4 to Miami, 1 to Ohio State, and 1 to West Virginia. That's 15/27, or 56%. Much better, eh?

Florida State's numbers are more in line with Miami's, so perhaps I spoke too soon about Miami being the 3rd program in Florida. Perhaps you're both running behind the SEC.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

On similar note, I've read some rumors about Butch Davis being in the mix for the Tennessee job. You'd think after what happened at North Carolina he wouldn't be in line for a promotion, but once you get past the not going to happens (Jon Gruden), there aren't a lot of great names out there.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A mid-level BCS team needs to take a flyer on Darrell Hazell out of Kent State. I've pimped him before, but he is solid all of the way around and will make a great HC at a bigger program.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

He's also an alum of Muskingum (my school)! I think he'll get strong consideration for the Purdue and Boston College jobs, though I don't think he's the favor for either.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choosing Miami over another school isn't indicative of any quality...

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
He's also an alum of Muskingum (my school)! I think he'll get strong consideration for the Purdue and Boston College jobs, though I don't think he's the favor for either.
He was also one of the first coaches brought in under Schiano at Rutgers. Very well liked guy at the program so it's good to see him doing well. He's a very good coach and will have success at a larger school.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
On similar note, I've read some rumors about Butch Davis being in the mix for the Tennessee job. You'd think after what happened at North Carolina he wouldn't be in line for a promotion, but once you get past the not going to happens (Jon Gruden), there aren't a lot of great names out there.
He is a name and can recruit with the best of em. A lot of times thats all that matters.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't really care about class ranking, look at the top talent from that class, Duke (ACC ROTY), Deon Bush (who chose UM over Bama and Auburn), Tracy Howard (who chose the third team in the state over the first 2), Tyriq McCord who chose UM over UF and SCar, Raphael Kirby (UF), Angelo Jean-Louis (UF), Jelani Hamilton (FSU),Flowers (FSU). That's not to mention guys like Rayshawn Jenkins, Ladarius Gunter, Malcolm Lewis, Gabe Terry and Herb Waters who all impressed as freshmen. Don't really care about star rating, that class was special

And the 2013 class is only going to have 15-16 kids, and of the guys commited they chose UM over LSU and Bama (Burns), FSU (Bryant if he stays), Carter (FSU), Kerr (FSU), and then there is the national recruit Kevin Olsen (who it was kind of a given he was going to be a Cane, but having a top QB commit to you because the school is the school is kind of the point of this whole post). And that's not counting the likely 5* RB, 5* LB, 4* OL, 4* DT, 4* LB, 4* DE that will be added by signing day, almost all of which are being recruited by FSU or UF.

And then there is Sony Michel who is a top 10 guy for 2014 that has been a Cane for 4 years. But yea, the brand doesn't matter anymore.
LOOOOOOOOL FLOWERS?? Oh hell no... I started over this guy in High School at Michael Krop hahahahahaha oh man... he got fat as hell.

He's probably a big time athlete because mentally that guy is so unbelievably soft and whiney. I still remember... god damn how we all used to make fun of him... well he ended up with the football scholarship, I guess that's karma.

EDIT: This had nothing to do with argument btw DG... I just saw Flowers and remembered that kid... I cannot believe he has a scholarship...

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote