Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Whitner is a good SS and you have to wonder how him and Goldson would do without the other. They're a good combination and I personally would keep that intact. Whitner struggles in coverage but he's a hard hitter, solid tackler and plays good against the run which is what a SS is supposed to be. Few can play good in coverage which is why more times than not, the FS is in coverage.

Either way, I would re-sign him and keep as much as the team intact as possible. Plus, I dont think he'll cost a lot to re-sign and we have no one as good or better to replace him with anyway.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I think extending the young core is FAR more priority than extending the aging stars. Sad, but the best teams shed the aging stars a year too early rather than a year too late.
Actually Dan is right(did I just say that), in a sense. There's ample time to get the young guys sorted out. Bowman's extension doesn't even take effect until after next year, so he's essentially still on his rookie deal for next year, sans the signing bonus, which a portion is guaranteed to him immediately.

Guys like Cully, Aldon, Iupati, and so on will be dealt with but you have to restructure some of these vets like Whitner, Cowboy, and Goodwin who are still playing at a high level. Goodwin might be a different story because we're grooming his replacement so he might be a cap casualty. But for guys like Whit and Cowboy, who are still performing at a high level and no real threat to their starting positions in sight, a nice little 3 year extension like we gave Gore, which gives us a out after year two can alleviate some cap space this off-season so we can go out and extend guys like Goldson, RJF, and maybe even Delaine.

And with the rookie contracts like they are now, they afford you time to get deals done elsewhere, while setting yourself to handle those young players you look to extend down the road. The great thing about drafting well is that less money has to wasted luring top free agents every off-sesson. You can spend that money resigning your core players. And its usually cheaper going that route, as we see with Bowman because if your winning and have success, guys will take a little discount to keep a good thing going and stay where they feel comfortable. So I see us being less and less involved in free agency if we keep drafting like we have been. Especially with the bevy of picks we have in this upcoming draft, we could set our roster up nicely these next few years with a good haul from the 2013 class.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
I think that Whitner is a good SS and you have to wonder how him and Goldson would do without the other. They're a good combination and I personally would keep that intact. Whitner struggles in coverage but he's a hard hitter, solid tackler and plays good against the run which is what a SS is supposed to be. Few can play good in coverage which is why more times than not, the FS is in coverage.

Either way, I would re-sign him and keep as much as the team intact as possible. Plus, I dont think he'll cost a lot to re-sign and we have no one as good or better to replace him with anyway.
It's not even that Whitner struggles in coverage. Sometimes a offense play called against a certain defense creates holes. You can't defense every pass perfectly and fans need to get away from thinking players have to be perfect every play. These are humans not robots. As long as you aren't a complete liability and are where your supposed to be and diligent in your task 95%-100% of the time, you will make more plays than you surrender.

Whither is the reason ppl are FINALLY giving Goldson his props. He's the reason his play took that next step. When you trust the other guy next to you and his abilities, it allows you to just play sound football. The guys Goldson was playing with before...the Reggie Smith's, the Mark Roman's, the Taylor Mays's, the Michael Lewis's, those guys all were inferior players to Whither. Whitner is a helluva saftety. He closes like nothing I've seen before. He and Goldson both have range that people either don't understand or conveniently refuse to give them credit for. His athletic ability is highly overlooked because he's short but that guy can move. Look at the Amendola catch in overtime when we played the Rams. Last year, same type of play against Harris of the Cowboys in overtime. That's a SS running down WRs who easily have about 20 yards on him. He never gives up, he never quits. He started out slow this year but so did everybody on defense, aside from Goldson and Cully. He's rounding into form quite nicely though. I think if we don't keep him around for at least another 2-3 year's, we'd be making a huge mistake. And I understand we have youngster like Robinson(who I really like), Spillman and McBath but they aren't ready to step into a role of a Whitner. Not yet anyways.

It's not coincidence Goldson became "elite" in the eyes of some the minute Whither became a Niner. And I think even he would tell you having a guy like Whitner allows him to make the plays he does.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-28-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick officially named the starter. RIP Alex Smith's career as a 49er, as well as the 49ers Super Bowl chances this year (imo). Hopefully Kaepernick can live up to his potential. I think he eventually will but I don't think this will be the year he does it. I will be happy if I am wrong, though.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 11-28-2012 at 03:30 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Kaepernick officially named the starter. RIP Alex Smith's career as a 49er, as well as the 49ers Super Bowl chances this year (imo). Hopefully Kaepernick can live up to his potential. I think he eventually will but I don't think this will be the year he does it. I will be happy if I am wrong, though.
Dude you are overreacting. This is a win/win imo. If Kap starts sucking, Harbaugh will go right back to Alex....this is a SB team and the goal is to win the SB. He's pretty much said it's a week-to-week thing now.

This is exciting times, every niner fan should be hyped, the potential of this team is through the roof now...and if it doesn't fulfill it, we can go back to a stable, winning style.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Actually Dan is right(did I just say that), in a sense. There's ample time to get the young guys sorted out. Bowman's extension doesn't even take effect until after next year, so he's essentially still on his rookie deal for next year, sans the signing bonus, which a portion is guaranteed to him immediately.
I agree, completely. It's just easier (from a dollars perspective) to extend guys earlier rather than later. I think Baalke and Paraag will prioritize who they want based upon their value. Rosenhaus said as much, yesterday. The key is to do it early. Just like has been done with VD, PWilly, Staley, Boone, Bow, etc.

Also... Whitner is NOT "average" whomever said it. I must fight you. :P
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
**** Tebow, Bowman is now the greatest man on Earth.
Seriously. If that quote doesn't endure him to the fanbase, I don't know what will. Hopefully he gets in Goldson's ear. I really don't want to lose Goldie. Its rare in this day and age that a safety can give you the kind of play he does. Can play center-field with the best of them, while delivering perfectly clean and legal woo hits that even Lott himself said makes him cringe. One of our more tech savy brethren needs to make a vid of all of The Hawk's hits since his career started. Only knock on Goldie is he can't drop down and man cover TEs or WRs like a Antrelle Rolle or a Earl Thomas. Other than that, the guy is a legit baller. And he still has room to grow...he's just turned 27 in September.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-28-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry but I disagree in regards to our Super Bowl chances this year. With Kaepernick, I think that our chances of getting to and winning the Super Bowl are better than with Smith because with Smith, it would be slow, consertative, running, pansy ass play-calling and thats not going to cut it. With Kaepernick, I think that our passing offense can finally be a legitimate threat and thats going to help the entire offense as a whole. Instead of being one dimensional, we can now be balanced but have a passing attack and score points. To be perfectly honest, I think that we'll score 30+ppg for the rest of the season because unlike with Smith, we're finally being aggressive and going after what should have been ours last season instead of just hoping that it comes to us.

Also, going with Kaepernick is the smarter move even if Smith never suffered a concussion because with him being due $8.5m as of April 1st, it would make no sense to keep Smith as a starter while Harbaugh's drafted guy sits on the bench until 2014. Just no way. Bring back Josh Johnson as the veteran backup, release Smith before March and use that money to re-sign Goldson who's far more valuable than keeping Smith. Another reason is that even if Kaepernick struggles, you still cant go back to Smith. You have to ride it out with Kaepernick but on the bright side, except for maybe the Patriots, I dont think that he'll struggle at all. He's too poised and relaxed. Reminds me of second year QB Andy Dalton. Nothing rattles them.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would he struggle against the Patriots? Their defense is pathetic.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dan is messaging us from 2006

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now Super Bowl chances are down. If Kaep gets more games under his belt of good play it can get to approx the same.

The average pass thrown by Smith has gotten the same yards as Manning and a little more than Brady.
More than Brees and Rodgers.

The points aren't there partly because in 5 of the 6 Smith started Wins the games were dominated early on and the 2nd halves of games were and should of been conservative.
All those TDs in garbage time sure helped the Pats score 1 late in games they needed it in Jan and Fab, right?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dan is messaging us from 2006
It's not their defense that im concerned about. It's their offense and crowd. If the Patriots offense gets a lead and the crowd is into the game and going nuts, im curious to see how Kaepernick does. The Saints game was just a seven point lead and that didnt last long. Patriots offense has just been dominating the last few games and in NE, thats the game im most concerned about.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
As of right now Super Bowl chances are down. If Kaep gets more games under his belt of good play it can get to approx the same.

The average pass thrown by Smith has gotten the same yards as Manning and a little more than Brady.
More than Brees and Rodgers.

The points aren't there partly because in 5 of the 6 Smith started Wins the games were dominated early on and the 2nd halves of games were and should of been conservative.
All those TDs in garbage time sure helped the Pats score 1 late in games they needed it in Jan and Fab, right?
I think our chances of winning the Super Bowl are up because we now have a legitimate passing attack that's a threat. With Smith, our offense was easily predictable. With Kaepernick, it's anything but predictable and his dual threat ability makes him a far bigger weapon for our offense than Smith.

The conservative part is done. Harbaugh knows he cant win the Super Bowl that way. You have to be aggressive and go out and take the win instead of just hoping it comes to you. With Kaepernick, Harbaugh can finally be truly aggressive and not be scared that Kaepernick is going to make a mistake.

But to each his own.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
It's not their defense that im concerned about. It's their offense and crowd. If the Patriots offense gets a lead and the crowd is into the game and going nuts, im curious to see how Kaepernick does. The Saints game was just a seven point lead and that didnt last long. Patriots offense has just been dominating the last few games and in NE, thats the game im most concerned about.
The Super Dome is a much more intimidating venue than Gillette Stadium and the Saints offense is just as good if not better than New England's. The lead that the Saints had in last week's game was irrelevant. They were just as loud then as if they were up 20 points.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get why some of you have no faith in CK?I mean Smith can never get it done as far as passing abilities.All he ever does is lame check downs and medium passing. He never goes deep.I'm glad CK is named started and hope it is for the rest of the season to take us the rest of the way to a championship. I think some of you are just mad because of the QB change during the season I dunno.But get over it and let Smith go,he is done in SF!!!!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I just don't get why some of you have no faith in CK?I mean Smith can never get it done as far as passing abilities.All he ever does is lame check downs and medium passing. He never goes deep.I'm glad CK is named started and hope it is for the rest of the season to take us the rest of the way to a championship. I think some of you are just mad because of the QB change during the season I dunno.But get over it and let Smith go,he is done in SF!!!!
I have no idea what you are talking about, on multiple levels. I don't know if you're gonna get any replies, but good luck.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about, on multiple levels. I don't know if you're gonna get any replies, but good luck.
I know what he's talking about. He's basically saying that all Smith ever does is throw short to medium passes and never goes deep which is something that Kaepernick has done and can continue to do.

He's also saying why you guys dont have faith in Kaepernick? I personally have more confidence in Kaepernick than Smith because he's the better option for us at QB. Kaepernick offers the offense so much more than Smith and I agree with 49erNation because for so many years, everyone here at one point or another has wanted Smith gone and now that it will most likely happen, everyone here seems sad or some crap. You're all getting what you have asked for over the years. It's just not coming at the time that you all want it to come.

Unless Kaepernick gets injured, I dont see Smith playing in any game again this season. No reason for him too. Before, Kaepernick was the gadget guy when Smith was the starter but Smith cant be that because he doesnt have the same skill set as Kaepernick.

Bottom line for me is that im happy Kaepernick is the starter because his dual threat ability is far better than Smith's single ability which isnt even a threat against opposing defenses. Kaepernick is going to crush the Rams and guide us all the way to a Super Bowl championship baby!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive me for not having confidence in someone who is basically an unproven rookie that most experts thought would need to develop for a few years before being ready to start. Especially considering the alternative took this team, with a much worse offense around him, to the NFCCG game last year and is playing at a much higher level this year.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With his performance being good if not better each game then why not let him be the starter and win the job over now instead of later. If Jim feels CK has developed into the starting role already then why the heck not.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Forgive me for not having confidence in someone who is basically an unproven rookie that most experts thought would need to develop for a few years before being ready to start. Especially considering the alternative took this team, with a much worse offense around him, to the NFCCG game last year and is playing at a much higher level this year.
Isn't that exactly what happened though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

It has been a year and a half, not a few years
Old 11-29-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are not looking for a starting QB.

We don't need a guy having to try and earn a QB job going into the playoffs. Most all NFL QB jobs were never earned anyhow. You are given the chance due to circumstance and then sink or swim.

Back to Steve McNair

His 2nd year he had 4 starts.

15/25 210 yards 1TD .7INT

He didn't matched that production in a season in the next 4 seasons.

I don't remember those games and they could of been mostly scattered plays strung together and a little luck. Ala Troy Smith's great production 1st 2 games.

Kaep's games I have seen, and they are built on a solid foundation. But it is 2 games and change.

The best you can realistically hope for is he avoids young QB downturns until the beginning of next year of crams them all into the games pre-playoffs and can apply all that knowledge into no mistakes new years resolution.

What he is gonna probably do is run when something doesn't look right. And that is a good idea when he can really move. But that opens him up for fumbles or injury.
The injury part is fine coming up now cause we have the best backup QB in the NFL. The fumble part obviously isn't.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Going deep doesn't mean you'll be a successful quarterback. And you don't have to always go deep to get the job done. Alex Smith's YPA is very good this season. Coin Kaepernick has started two games. He's looked good, but it's only been two games. He didn't look this good in the preseaosn and there wasn't any reports of him doing this well from training camp. If he was this good, why didn't he begin the season as a starter? I'm happy he's looking great out there, but it's only been two games. There have been a bunch of quarterbacks that have had a short successful stint and then flamed out because the NFL either figured them out or they just start sucking for whatever reason. It's going to take a while before I have complete trust in Colin.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Alex Smith's transcript with the media.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...01&feedID=5936

Quote:
Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

Air Yards Per Attempt (Air YPA) - The average air yards (AY) gained per pass attempt. Note that this does not include any sack yards.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2010/08/glossary.html

Smith right in the middle of
Peyton
Brees
Smith
Griffin
Cutler

Brady and Rodgers below them.

The stats show this year we have picked our spots stretching the field vs. not doing it hardly ever.
You will notice that the higher up the list you are just as likely to up the INTs as production.

NFL IS NOT VIDEO GAME.
VIDEO GAME IS NOT NFL.

Last edited by ViperVisor : 11-29-2012 at 05:47 PM.
ViperVisor is offline   Reply With Quote