Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else excited to see our rookies play? Here's whats been said about them in practice

James

Quote:
"Hes a guy similar to [Saints running back Darren] Sproles. He can still carry the ball up inside. I know hes anxious to get out there and play, Whitner said.

Dixon, too, was complimentary of his teammate in the backfield.

I expect dynamic plays, man, Dixon said. I watch him every day on the practice field, and hes making plays, going up to get the ball. They have him doing Percy Harvin stuff when were playing teams like that, and he really is a great talent. I feel like hes going to come in and make plays. I know hes hungry. He hasnt got the chance to really get his feet wet yet, so I know hell come in with the hunger. I expect a lot of great plays out of him.
Jenkins

Quote:
A.J. is an extremely talented guy. He came in here, and we have a lot of depth at wide receiver, but hes been getting better and better as hes been going against the first team defensive backs in practice. Hes actually made some plays on us, and made some big plays, Whitner said.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...45&feedID=2800
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, not really excited. Slightly curious sure.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
ViperVisor
Pro Bowler

ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ViperVisor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His pocket awareness is partly pass rush ignorance/arrogance.

He also is skip to my lou-ing his drop backs with busy feet and not stopping til 10 yards from the LOS. That is the tendency of younger QBs to want more space from the line and fade back from pressure. Kolb is really bad at this.

Other teams will see it on tape and that depth makes it really hard for OTs to defend that wide of an angle. Teams might try sending a blindside CB blitz. With a normal drop the slippery QBs like to backspin out of pressure they see at the last second. When you are way back you will be 12 yards deep doing that.

And up the middle pressure is the #1 thing QBs hate. The bears mush up the los did none of it and the Saints didn't get in his face either other than after he stepped into a throw and got smacked in the helmet.

His athleticism will save him but he needs to put 2 hands on the ball cause losing it is a turnover that might be a 50 yard difference a sack and punt would get you.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting who the 49ers meet in the playoffs assuming they get the number two seed, which I'm guessing is what will be the case. I don't want to face the Saints, who I'm guessing are out of it at this point. I wouldn't mind Seattle. I would love Chicago. They haven't won here since 1985. I'd be a little nervous about Green Bay, although that entire team seems like it's reeling at this point and really depending on Aaron Rodgers plus several key players are hurt. New York I'd be up in the air about. Part of me wants to settle the score while the other part of me wants to avoid them since they've beaten us two straight times.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Akers apparently has a pelvis injury. No wonder he's been struggling.

Quote:
The San Francisco 49ers brought in veteran kickers Nate Kaeding and Billy Cundiff for a tryout on Tuesday and the thought was David Akers is struggling.

Now, it’s revealed that Akers is struggling and ailing. The 49ers kicker, who went to the Pro Bowl last season, is battling a pelvis injury, according to Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/49ers-k...0789--nfl.html

EDIT: My bad. Apparently Kaeding and Cundiff weren't signed after their visit. Akers didn't appear to be struggling during Wednesday's practice also.

Danny Amendola might also not play Sunday's game. That would be a huge bonus as he absolutely toasted the secondary last time, and in particular Carlos Rogers.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-30-2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
By the way, how many people here have actually lived in the bay area before? Or been to Candlestick. Just curious.
I grew up in Redding.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grew up in Western Pennsylvania. I've never been to California. I've only seen the 49ers play once. November 30, 2008. Ralph Wilson Stadium (Rich Stadium), Orchard Park, NY. 49ers 10 - Bills 3
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I grew up & still live in Melbourne Australia. Though I've been to the stick it wasn't on game day & have never seen the 9ers play live, in fact the only live game I've seen was the Pats & Giants thriller last year in New England

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It will be interesting who the 49ers meet in the playoffs assuming they get the number two seed, which I'm guessing is what will be the case. I don't want to face the Saints, who I'm guessing are out of it at this point. I wouldn't mind Seattle. I would love Chicago. They haven't won here since 1985. I'd be a little nervous about Green Bay, although that entire team seems like it's reeling at this point and really depending on Aaron Rodgers plus several key players are hurt. New York I'd be up in the air about. Part of me wants to settle the score while the other part of me wants to avoid them since they've beaten us two straight times.
Bring on whoever. Doesn't matter to me. This team can play with anybody. I like our chances against anyone.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I grew up in Western Pennsylvania. I've never been to California. I've only seen the 49ers play once. November 30, 2008. Ralph Wilson Stadium (Rich Stadium), Orchard Park, NY. 49ers 10 - Bills 3
How did you become a 49ers fan then?

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Born and raised in Jacksonville and been to both 49ers game here, 41-3 in 1999 and 10-9 in 2005
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teamwork FTW....

Quote:
The 49ers used a little teamwork to get linebacker NaVorro Bowmans extension done this week.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, the 49ers restructured the contracts of tight end Vernon Davis, cornerback Carlos Rogers and defensive lineman Ray McDonald to create the short-term cap room they needed to do the extension now.

Bowmans signing bonus caused his 2012 cap number to jump $1.5 million immediately, so they went to the veterans for a little relief to cover the difference.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I love this team!Other vets coming together and not bitching about money to keep a well stout player on our defense.

Raised up in Washington State , always a 49er fan for life! now living in Green Bay, WI and still be a 9er
Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For me... I grew up in West Virginia. Have always lived on the East Coast. Live in Ohio now. I was young when the 49ers dominated the league in the mid to late 80's. I jumped on the bandwagon then but have never left through all the years. Now that I'm older I think if I would have rooted for the Steelers, Browns, or Bengals I'd have a much easier time seeing my favorite team play, but I'm a proud 49ers fan and a very dedicated person all around... I'll always live and die with them, even on the other side of the country.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Whilote was activated to fill the last spot on the roster. He said he will play on all the special teams.

Also just saw per Barrows that Demarcus Dobbs was arrested early this morning for possession and suspected DUI and won't make the strip to St. Louis. Maybe James gets activated to take that spot.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Sounds like me and maybe Borat are the only guys in the bay area, me being in the actual city where the team plays. Interesting. Glad to know we have a a lot of fans all over the nation.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I looked up to my cousin (a year older than me) he was like the brother I didn't have. He was from Austintown, OH (Youngstown suburb.) He went to the same highschool as Carmen Policy (Ursiline.) His grandmother was friends with Edward Debartolo, Sr. My cousin had an entire room of 49ers memorabilia.

I first remember rooting for the 49ers in 1983.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Verloren
Veteran

Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Verloren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like me and maybe Borat are the only guys in the bay area, me being in the actual city where the team plays. Interesting. Glad to know we have a a lot of fans all over the nation.
Grew up around West Portal, then left because dad got a better job somewhere else. Haven't been back since. I've only been to the 'Stick for Giants games with school. Wasn't too big into football before I left, except for playing two hand touch on blacktop.
Verloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Well I guess I'll join in...

I'm from VA, Norfolk to be excat. Visited Cali a few times but never San Fran. Attended my first Niner game last year when they played the Redskins. Had a blast and plan to get to a East Coast game at least once a year from now on.

My reasons for becoming a Niner fan were very innocent you could say. When I was a young kid and didn't really know much at all about the game, I didn't have a favorite team, I had a favorite player, Walter Peyton. But I didn't like the Bears....don't know why really but I think it was because I thought they were boring outside of Sweetness. My friends used to always tease me about not having a team. Most of them were Redskins fans and so was my dad but I hated them because everyone else liked them....I was always a rebel like that. So I decided one day to pick a team and I had this NFL sheets and curtains set as a kid. They had all the logos of all the teams on them(because my mom knew I didn't have a team) and I was always drawn to the "49ers" logo because I thought it was cool that their name was actually numbers(yea I was THAT young). So I said to myself I would make a effort to watch one of their games. And the first football game I remember watching the Niners play, in its entirety was the '84 SB against the Dolphins. And the rest you could say is history. Plus I thought their gold helmets were the **** lol.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-30-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendall Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Ronald Johnson
Colin Jones
Bruce Miller
Mike Person
Curtis Holcomb

People need to understand how just incredible a draft this was. I mean we traded Colin Jones, a ST player only, for a 7th round draft pick. He wouldn't have even made this roster but we were actually able to get a draft pick for him. Only clear miss was Ronald Johnson but I think he's still on the Eagles pratcie squad so he may prove his worth down the road. Just a awesome awesome draft by Baalke. If Aldon, CK, Miller and Cully continue to improve and develop, it could go down as the one of the best drafts in Niner history. Off the top of my head, only the '86 draft compares as far as drafting impact players who made immediate contributions.

**EDIT** I take that back, that 1986 draft class was a monster. That's the clear front-runner but this draft can easily be #2 on the list if these guys keep up their stellar play.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-30-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Hunter, Kaepernick, Aldon, Culliver, and Miller could all be quality starters in the next year or two. That's pretty good I'd say.

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

They could all be Pro Bowl players(maybe not Hunter) in a year or two....that says alot. And actually, that 2007 draft wasn't too shabby either.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
They could all be Pro Bowl players(maybe not Hunter) in a year or two....that says alot. And actually, that 2007 draft wasn't too shabby either.
07 is the foundation of the defense.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'94 came to mind. I believe it was Bryant Young, William Floyd, Lee Woodall as the big impact guys.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been pretty excited about this draft class year . A lot has come into play with the right coaching staff etc. I just hope all of our starters stick for a long long time. We just need some xtra help at Wr and Cb in the first. WR can be later in the rounds or mid 3rd some where. Other then that I think our draft picks in the future will be good players.