Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am signed up for the beta and that is probably one of the things I am most excited for app wise.
I need to get on that

Edit: Just signed up. Sweet.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'm using it's daddy. The LG Optimus G. Beautiful phone. I love it.
It's only on ICS and i still love it. Can't wait for three official update to JB pour some custom roms to get built.
That's why I wanted the N4. No waiting around for updates. From what I've read though it's almost the exact same phone otherwise. I'm enjoying it so far. Dunno what I'm doing yet but I'm learning.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
That's why I wanted the N4. No waiting around for updates. From what I've read though it's almost the exact same phone otherwise. I'm enjoying it so far. Dunno what I'm doing yet but I'm learning.
You made the right choice sir... unlike those other "who shall not be named"
Old 11-30-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
speedtest that, man! i need to know about the lack of 4g.
Isn't he on T-Mobile? I feel like that would skew the results.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
speedtest that, man! i need to know about the lack of 4g.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Isn't he on T-Mobile? I feel like that would skew the results.
TMo indeed. I'll speedtest it hopefully later today/tonight. They call their HSPA+ "4G" so we'll see how it stacks up to LTE. Which if I remember right has like two spots of coverage total in my area, the airport and at one of the shopping centers northeast of my house.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Yea, if it was on Sprint then it would have been my phone of choice.
Since it's not, I went with the closest thing to it.

I figured since it's essentially the N4, devs would actually support it and make custom rom for it.
We'll see. None so far on XDA though they have rooted it, unlocked its bootloader and made a recovery for it.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The lack of real 4g speed sucks in Green Bay.It is more like 3g even though it says 4g where I live.Seattle's 4g is like x10 faster.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I've done 3 speed tests in different locations and it has varied wildly. Also, WTF speedtest, why are you picking servers in South Dakota??

I've gotten 18930 kbps, 10053 kbps, and 8337 kbps down so far. ~1700 up. I haven't tried yet in an area w/4 bars of H+ yet though. Hoping to get close to that theoretical limit, or at least in the high 20s.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
not too bad... i think i was at 25 Mbps on LTE in denver, but 18 would be totally tolerable.
I think if it would select a reasonable server in like Chicago or Cincinnati it'd be faster or at least more consistent.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea, if it was on Sprint then it would have been my phone of choice.
Since it's not, I went with the closest thing to it.

I figured since it's essentially the N4, devs would actually support it and make custom rom for it.
We'll see. None so far on XDA though they have rooted it, unlocked its bootloader and made a recovery for it.
That's surprising. Hasn't it been out for a while? There are cyanogen mods out for so many obscure crap phones.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I think it's the LG label. People are hesitant.
I know there's a group working on stuff in xda so they'll come eventually.

I've been on JB for a while now. On both my Nexus S and HTC EVO 3D so ICS on the OG is the really the first time I used ICS.
I must say, I love the phone's UI. It's so smooth and customizable.
I've had the phone for 2 days and already I love LG's UI over HTC's Sense.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want ICS on my SII but my buddy says its pretty glitchy and unstable atm but that JB is supposed to be released early December and supposed teh tits. I hope it was worth the wait.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

A friend of mine has an SII on ATT and he has stable JB rom on his already. At least, that's the impression he gave me.

edit: Is this rooted or are you talking about the official releases?

Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A friend of mine has an SII on ATT and he has stable JB rom on his already. At least, that's the impression he gave me.

edit: Is this rooted or are you talking about the official releases?
Its rooted. If JB is already out I will ask my buddy about it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1058

Yea, a quick check on XDA and there are 2 JB roms there. I checked the bug list of the first one I saw (slim) and it was pretty minor.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Apparently SwiftKey Flow is almost ready for beta and they don't testing their email severs today.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Swiftkey Flow has been released in a public beta. It combines the amazingness of Swiftkey and Swype. Everyone I mean everyone should download it as it is a free version of Swiftkey and a Swype style keyboard that has an upgraded with the ability to Swype through entire paragraphs by swypeing over the space bar.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

SWEEEEETTTTT!!! DLing now.

edit1: Is there no more swipe to delete? I can see how that can be difficult accomplish while using flow but that was one of my favorite features of Swiftkey

edit2: Apparently not. I went to their beta site and it's being suggested a bunch over there.

Last edited by Nalej : 12-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Anyone else grab it yet? I trying to get used to using the flow feature and compete sentences without lifting my finger.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not going to bother until i have a real phone. mine has developed a black hole in the last year since i had to use it.
iphone????
Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not going to bother until i have a real phone. mine has developed a black hole in the last year since i had to use it.
Which is exactly why I couldn't deal with android anymore. Happens to all their phones.

I do miss android wallpapers though. They have better wallpapers bc you can actually see the wallpaper.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm on my fourth android phone and I've never had that issue. You fail at trolling.
I also enjoy having a homepage that isn't completely filled with apps. I like a clean look.
My homepage is bare besides a weather widget. Oh yeah, widgets are awesome too.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iphone users are the worst.

kthanxbai!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you should've stopped using a six year old phone that you dropped on the road in a ski area during a blizzard in a puddle of potassium chloride, then tried to use 3 years later because your modern, real phone got stolen. it probably wouldn't have happened, then.
How in gods name did that happen? Haha.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
How in gods name did that happen? Haha.
Well, its typically used to melt snow.