Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off topic but I went back and read some 2007 threads and GRF was on point about Eli Manning. It pains me to tell that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
its his name..... what is there to not comment about....

And Eli is a top 10 QB imo. people asked me to post my opinions, so i did so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
I think he is. He's more of a game changer then most of the QB's you guys mentioned. I watch him week in, week out. and I am telling you that theres something about the guy. I see the guy come through and put us in a position to win games a hell of a lot....

Im done with this topic and dont need to be baited into continuing this topic. I said my piece, and thats it. agree/disagree i dont really care.....

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well none of us here ever doubted Manning either. We all supported him even when it looked bleak.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that! but peeps in this thread were saying **** to him for even putting him in the top 10 category saying he was no better than Leftwich and Damon ******* Huard

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
I know that! but peeps in this thread were saying **** to him for even putting him in the top 10 category saying he was no better than Leftwich and Damon ******* Huard
My favorite thread was the one saying Bruce Gradkowski was better than Eli.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Intangibles are the worst part of Eli's game. He shows no leadership, he has no pocket presence, he's a *****, and he generally locks up in the clutch. His stats actually make him look better than he really is. As for your list.

People definately better:
1)Peyton
2)Brady
3)Palmer
4)Brees
5)Bulger
6)McNabb
7)Big Ben
8)Cutler
9)Hasselbeck
10)Vick
11)Pennington
12)Philip Rivers

People probably better:
13)Tony Romo
14)J.P Losman
15)Vince Young

People at about Eli's level:
16)Damon Huard
17)Steve McNair
18)Brett Favre
19)Rex Grossman
20)Alex Smith
21)Byron Leftwich
Here is BF and his rankings lol

#MoncriefArmy
Old 11-28-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always felt he was a top 10 qb at worst, but I held those opinions to myself on the NFL boards bc of the flame wars that ensued. All of us here felt that way.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here is BF and his rankings lol
BF has a lot of opinions about football that I strongly disagree with. I think my viewpoint on the game and his are almost complete opposites.

He loves Cover 2. What more do you need to know.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Show that to BF!!! Shame him to death. The locks up in the cluth part is the worst in that description. The one thing Eli always was that we held onto here was his clutch factor. Even when he struggled mightily he led us back in the 4th numerous times.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

He still has terrible qb ratings. Every time he talks about quarterbacks it hurts my eyes.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People like him should be banned and not allowed to watch the sport. What a troll and clueless person when it comes to the game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli's always been the kinda guy where you either see him lead the team back time after time and understand why he's special, or you just don't. Debating Eli has and will always be pointless.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eli's always been the kinda guy where you either see him lead the team back time after time and understand why he's special, or you just don't. Debating Eli has and will always be pointless.
I agree! However, Eli is one the most polarizing people in the nFL. It would seem debates always seem to pop up regarding him. He will always be talked about.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Phillips doubtful for this game is not good.

Out
TE Travis Beckum - Knee (DNP)

Doubtful
S Kenny Phillips - Knee (LP)
LB Jaquian Williams Knee (LP)

Questionable
T David Diehl - Shoulder (LP)
WR Domenik Hixon - Ankle (LP)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul - Back (DNP)

Probable
C David Baas - Shoulder (FP)
RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Foot (LP)
CB Jayron Hosley - Shoulder (FP)
S Antrel Rolle - Illness (DNP)
DE Justin Tuck - Foot (DNP)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-01-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Beckum hurt again?! How did that happen? He did nothing!! I am really not starting to think we should re-sign KP. I'd rather use Brown or draft a safety at some point. This guy has played what? 5 games out of the 11?
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Beckum hurt again?! How did that happen? He did nothing!! I am really not starting to think we should re-sign KP. I'd rather use Brown or draft a safety at some point. This guy has played what? 5 games out of the 11?
but the games he's played the difference in our D was night and day. We need to keep him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If he plays and when he does. I am not breaking the bank for a guy whose knee is degenerative and thus he barely plays.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who says we're gunna need to break the bank to keep him?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 12-02-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/...kAe1 a2mXVhFI
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
And that is the way we want it to be. I want to keep Gilbride here for as long as Eli plays. I mean, he has his flaws as a playcaller as well. But you can't argue the end results. Do I wish we were better in the red-zone? Yes. Do I wish we would call more creative plays from time to time? Yes.

But in the end, a perennially top ten ranked scoring offense, and two Super Bowls makes me think we'd be much better off keeping him for as long as we can. There are a lot of crappy Offensive coordinators out there.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, I could make an argument. He's had an absurd amount of offensive talent in his time here as a coach. He has a potential HOF QB and arguably one of the best and most clutch players at the position of all time (or at least in the top 5 for sure). Arguably, with a better and more simple system we would put up Green Bay type numbers. Not to mention his situational play calling is pretty poor.

Now that said, I understand we're attached to Gilbride at the hip until Coughlin or Eli is gone but I believe our offensive could be truly special in the right hands.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:41 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I mean, I could make an argument. He's had an absurd amount of offensive talent in his time here as a coach. He has a potential HOF QB and arguably one of the best and most clutch players at the position of all time (or at least in the top 5 for sure). Arguably, with a better and more simple system we would put up Green Bay type numbers. Not to mention his situational play calling is pretty poor.

Now that said, I understand we're attached to Gilbride at the hip until Coughlin or Eli is gone but I believe our offensive could be truly special in the right hands.
Yeah, I can also envision our offense being even more potent with an even better playcaller. But who else is out there who is better and available? I feel that if we change OC now, whether it'd be forced upon us or voluntarily, We'd be more likely to downgrade than upgrade our offense.

I guess I just feel that the grass wouldn't necessarily be greener on the other side of the fence.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'd rather just let Eli call his own plays the way Big Brother does.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Let's lock up this division tonight with a W!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Let's lock up this division tonight with a W!!
Preaching to the choir! But we will probably lose, because Giants, to borrow a Rosebud phrase.

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

I do too! I always said in a new system, Eli would put up even bigger numbers! I still do this day will say it. I hope I get to see Eli play in another system before Eli retires.

But also the flip side is this.. Eli didn't become a HOF QB until Gilbride took over. If Huffy still was our OC, I think Eli would be released. I don't think Eli becomes good at all. In fact, he would be a bust who most likely isn't on the team right now. It was Gilbride who saved Eli's career.